• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Talk about a slight exaggeration...

Some managers probably don't want to work with Levy and Enic knowing that we are not really genuinely going to challenge for anything despite the fighting talk from Levy.

Have we not gone backwards over the last 5 years?

Is Levy not the one constant in our current failures?

I take it you don't like rational debate? But try to make posts like the above to try to somewhat patronise people with an alternative view on the bringer of light Danny
Oh no, have we gone backwards over the past five years? Do you want to show me all these perfect clubs that were in a position like ours in mid table mediocrity when ENIC took over, continued to grow and improve to European contenders and then went onto magically improve year on year and win things without taking some backwards steps? Because in real life that doesn't happen unless you are in cheat mode. But a club such as Spurs should never make mistakes and have a drop off should they?

It's cute how you want to make out like we should listen to the media who told us Slot was signing for us and then the same ones told us he wasn't and had snubbed us - of course only once he had announced he was staying. And of course you want to ignore Slot himself saying we never spoke to him, can't have things going against your agenda can we?

And just a coincidence within a day of Celtics season finishing we have already literally agreed terms, almost as if this has been in the pipeline somewhat. Surely not eh....

Also, Ange was apparently Brighton’s first choice when Potter left but he didn’t want to leave half way through the season so they went for De Zerbi instead.
I've seen that said on here but I'm not sure there was actually any truth in it was there? (especially as Brighton seemed to bring in De Zerbi quite quickly).

Paul Barber said the other day that De Zerbi was top of their list for 2 years before they even had the vacancy.

He spoke about how they identify their 25 most 'at risk' roles in the club (playing and non-playing) and have a constant replacement targeted
It's like chalk and cheese isn't it?

Oh no, have we gone backwards over the past five years? Do you want to show me all these perfect clubs that were in a position like ours in mid table mediocrity when ENIC took over, continued to grow and improve to European contenders and then went onto magically improve year on year and win things without taking some backwards steps? Because in real life that doesn't happen unless you are in cheat mode. But a club such as Spurs should never make mistakes and have a drop off should they?

It's cute how you want to make out like we should listen to the media who told us Slot was signing for us and then the same ones told us he wasn't and had snubbed us - of course only once he had announced he was staying. And of course you want to ignore Slot himself saying we never spoke to him, can't have things going against your agenda can we?

And just a coincidence within a day of Celtics season finishing we have already literally agreed terms, almost as if this has been in the pipeline somewhat. Surely not eh....
I think it is pretty likely that Slot did snub us. I think we then went on to Postecoglou as our next choice. There is also a fair chance that was a preferred target before Slot (I suspect Nagelsmann, as it would be very strange for us to have wanted him twice previously but not this time).

Fingers crossed we can now agree a deal with Celtic quite quicky and amicably and Poste hits the ground running (as he'll probably have to at Spurs to survive the chairman's axe).

He seems a decent bloke, is clearly ambitious and I like the way he talks to the media. I hope (as I do with any manager at Spurs) that he is incredibly successful at the club.

interesting short video which denotes the style that AP played when he joined Celtic - most notably the fact that he played with inverted wingers in Japan, but then clearly elected to change that at Celtic.

All points to adjustment to the personnel or a recognition that his system needed a tweak to dominate in Scotland.

I would like to think that if we do hire this chap, we're getting a guy who picks players based on their ability and form, rather than friendships (Jose) and/or reputation (Conte).

I think it is pretty likely that Slot did snub us. I think we then went on to Postecoglou as our next choice. There is also a fair chance that was a preferred target before Slot (I suspect Nagelsmann, as it would be very strange for us to have wanted him twice previously but not this time).

Fingers crossed we can now agree a deal with Celtic quite quicky and amicably and Poste hits the ground running (as he'll probably have to at Spurs to survive the chairman's axe).

He seems a decent bloke, is clearly ambitious and I like the way he talks to the media. I hope (as I do with any manager at Spurs) that he is incredibly successful at the club.

Agreed

So it's Ange. This is great news. He is a great motivator who has high standards. His mantra is that you get paid to train, not to play. He plays attractive and attacking football. It might be the thing that keeps Kane at he club.

interesting short video which denotes the style that AP played when he joined Celtic - most notably the fact that he played with inverted wingers in Japan, but then clearly elected to change that at Celtic.

All points to adjustment to the personnel or a recognition that his system needed a tweak to dominate in Scotland.

I would like to think that if we do hire this chap, we're getting a guy who picks players based on their ability and form, rather than friendships (Jose) and/or reputation (Conte).

Thanks. Form what I've seen and read, he uses 4-3-3 as much as 4-2-3-1 though with similar tactics. The only difference between the two being that he plays with a holding DM and two number 8s in the 4-3-3 as opposed to two CMs and a number 10 in the 4-2-3-1

The thing that worries me about that is that it sounds as though it takes a while for his teams to get used to the tactics and start to get results. Our chairman at Spurs doesn't have the patience to allow that so we may never get to the good bit that follows.

Think Slot simply played the game to get himself a better contract

Also, Postecoglou is a student of the game. He will have a deep knowledge of the club. He will know all about the Double side and he will be well aware of the icons of our team.

I'm foaming at the mouth ...

Have we not gone backwards with some very choice decisions made by Danny? Yes or no ... simple question.

Yes it's been about 20+ years that ENIC have brought us and the success off the pitch has been great ... but let's keep dining on last years Xmas Dinner shall we?

I dont expect it to be plain sailing but Levy is incompetent with matters relating to issues on the pitch. My opinion. Your opinion may differ in that he has done wonder ls and will continue to have faith in his leadership until its been 50 years of the same guff. Which is fine.

I'm certainly not cute, in saying that the media gets some things right and some things wrong, but even cuter is that people will believe anything that comes out of people's mouths ... mourinho said he was happy with the team he inherited... do you believe that for one second as he trawled through the team matching them like for like with his previous teams? You actually believe that? Just because he said it in public? In the sam instance I don't believe slot. Or rather am cynical about it.

Let me guess you believed sol Campbell when he said he is spurs through and through or prince Andrew too ..

Foam foam foam

big concern as I've said previously is all that can quickly be rendered immaterial if his approach on the pitch cannot match up to the standard of the PL. Let's hope it does
I thought the consensus was we wanted attacking football and would be happy for a mid table transition season, while we wait for the new manager to get up to speed with his players and the league? Or are we back to if he ain't winnin', bin him?

I thought the consensus was we wanted attacking football and would be happy for a mid table transition season, while we wait for the new manager to get up to speed with his players and the league? Or are we back to if he ain't winnin', bin him?

I think expectations are always going to be in place no matter who comes in as manager. If we finish in mid table after a slow start with the system of play coming into effect over the two thirds of the season then I would say he should continue... however if the football results are erratic from start to finish without any consistency then I'm afraid he should go.

But then again I'll wait to see how the team shapes up in the summer, who knows we could land some gems and offload some dross ... I think I'll hold reservation until I see what's going on

That's not how i was using the word quickly in that post? What i was saying was that if the concerns about the gap in quality being too big for him to bridge are on point, then the good points previously mentioned in the post become irrelevant

I think expectations are always going to be in place no matter who comes in as manager. If we finish in mid table after a slow start with the system of play coming into effect over the two thirds of the season then I would say he should continue... however if the football results are erratic from start to finish without any consistency then I'm afraid he should go.

But then again I'll wait to see how the team shapes up in the summer, who knows we could land some gems and offload some dross ... I think I'll hold reservation until I see what's going on

With a full pre season and one game a week things should happen relatively quickly.

Back