• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
If we only have £30m then something is seriously wrong at the club and people need to be held accountable.

fwiw I can’t imagine that is all we have to spend this summer.
We will have much more than that
But the key is still getting people off the wage bill regardless
The players who we have on loan have all, generally flopped so far
We will still be able to get money for Lo Celso. Tanguy will come down to what the deal so with Napoli
No chance with Reggie IMO and Gil will have too much residual value to us to sell at a price propel will pay.
Rodon… surely we can get some money back for him even to someone like Everton who will be in need of players
Have I missed anyone?!?
Uh yeah… winks
Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed in Italy now

Who would you go for if we cant get Poch or De Zerbi?

Tuchel could be worth a go for 18 months and if it doesn’t work the above two and other attractive options could then be available.

We also get to have all the same discussions about Levy being the worst chairman in the history of football again next year.

not convinced Tuchel would be a bad hire... uh oh

Everyone says he's a really good coach, very detail orientated and knows how he wants to organise things but I think it also causes his downfall when players tire of it. Not sure he'd be a long term appointment but wouldn't be unhappy if he came - he'd get us playing better than now but guess that's not hard.

Who would you go for if we cant get Poch or De Zerbi?

Tuchel could be worth a go for 18 months and if it doesn’t work the above two and other attractive options could then be available.

My order would be:

1) Poch
2) Gallardo
3) De Zerbi
4) Mason
5) Enrique

Not really bothered about any of the other options

Everyone says he's a really good coach, very detail orientated and knows how he wants to organise things but I think it also causes his downfall when players tire of it. Not sure he'd be a long term appointment but wouldn't be unhappy if he came - he'd get us playing better than now but guess that's not hard.
Detail-oriented managers are good, as long as they are not overly rigid. They also need to be able to adapt to the squad and the game at hand and, more importantly, be excellent motivators. Make the players want to run through a wall for them and believe in themselves and their abilities. Combine the two, motivation and detail-oriented-but-flexible tactics, and you have the template for a seriously good manager.

For me that manager is Gallardo, or someone in the same mould. The onus on Levy now is to understand that is what we need and scour the football world to find him. If it happens to be a name that has already been bandied about, fine. If it's some unknown from the Polish 2nd division, I really don't care, as long as I know the club was incredibly thorough in its assessment in finding the one that combines all the above characteristics.

Detail-oriented managers are good, as long as they are not overly rigid. They also need to be able to adapt to the squad and the game at hand and, more importantly, be excellent motivators. Make the players want to run through a wall for them and believe in themselves and their abilities. Combine the two, motivation and detail-oriented-but-flexible tactics, and you have the template for a seriously good manager.

For me that manager is Gallardo, or someone in the same mould. The onus on Levy now is to understand that is what we need and scour the football world to find him. If it happens to be a name that has already been bandied about, fine. If it's some unknown from the Polish 2nd division, I really don't care, as long as I know the club was incredibly thorough in its assessment in finding the one that combines all the above characteristics.

I see a lot of people voted for Gallardo. Just out of curiosity, they show a lot of River Plate games in England? I can't say I've watched a single game with a team managed by Gallardo - just read a couple of articles about him. A few posters on here seem to have strong opinions about him and I was wondering if that came from first-hand knowledge.

We wont have only that .. ffs, ever since the new stadium has opened, especially post Covid, we have had more money to spend ..

To which someone will jump in -> but what about that Poch window .. see comment above
The Kulu and Porro fees start hitting the books from this summer. That is £80m. Unless we do more loan with obligation type deals then I don’t see much more than an additional £30m plus sales being spent (and perhaps not even that much) especially if we do not have CL football next season.

I see a lot of people voted for Gallardo. Just out of curiosity, they show a lot of River Plate games in England? I can't say I've watched a single game with a team managed by Gallardo - just read a couple of articles about him. A few posters on here seem to have strong opinions about him and I was wondering if that came from first-hand knowledge.
I have seen maybe one or two games, but couldn't tell tactics for brick, nor would I have been able to tell if they were new tactics or old ones, or what he said to the players before the match/at halftime/etc. However, all the articles that I have read speak more glowingly about him than any other manager I have read about. And the things they highlight are not just his tactics, but his management style, which appears to be exceptional and exactly what Spurs need right now. And the fact that he has stayed at one club for 8 years, even though he had many offers from Europe, as well as, to a lesser extent, the things Pep and Messi have said about him, don't hurt either.

I have seen maybe one or two games, but couldn't tell tactics for brick, nor would I have been able to tell if they were new tactics or old ones, or what he said to the players before the match/at halftime/etc. However, all the articles that I have read speak more glowingly about him than any other manager I have read about. And the things they highlight are not just his tactics, but his management style, which appears to be exceptional and exactly what Spurs need right now. And the fact that he has stayed at one club for 8 years, even though he had many offers from Europe, as well as, to a lesser extent, the things Pep and Messi have said about him, don't hurt either.

As I said, I'm being just curious. I might add that you find many in-depth analysis of practically any manager on the Internet these days. I'm getting on a bit now and I tend to trust my own eyes but, in any case, your opinion on this matter is as valid as mine. I'd be a tad more cautious about Guardiola's praise though... unless you want to see Bielsa on the bench (I would but that probably wouldn't be a good idea)!

btw have to say, pretty embarrasing what's coming (or not coming) from the club since this weekend. Making us a laughing stock (further)

btw have to say, pretty embarrasing what's coming (or not coming) from the club since this weekend. Making us a laughing stock (further)
You have no idea what's coming to make such a statement. As for what has not been announced, I would rather the club took its time to make the right move, than to just knee-jerk react. You can judge after all's been said and done.

Back