• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New mobile

So im loving the new S4. But today for some reason my charger wont charge whilst plugged into the wall (i can charge using the usb lead in the pc). Have been googling this and it seems to be a pretty common problem, but yet to find out why :-/

Ask for a new charger from whoever supplied your phone rather than go the ebay route.

Ok got my first ever touch screen today - HTC One.

What a fudgein phone. Wow - makes my Blackberry feel so so so ancient in a split second. It really is a sensational phone. The feel, touch, the screen resoution, the sound, the options etc etc etc

we've been telling you to ditch the BB for years...

I know. I guess it was blind love ;)

I dont know whether the new BBs are any good but this HTC One is in another world. There are a couple of cons compared to the BB for example the notification light amd the ability to customise certain features, like different vibrations for different messages - they do annoy me but ill get used to it im sure.

Ultimately its just how the phone integrates with anything and everything. What you change on laptop also is synched to the phone etc etc etc.

The HTC One does look like a very slick phone. Nice shape and hint of chrome etc and a great screen.

yeh the HTC one is brilliant but i have had issues with is.

I had problems receiving text messages from anyone with an iphone at first. Apparently it has something to do with me switching over from an iphone and their phones was still recognising my HTC as an iPhone. Had to cancel my Apple account and do a few other things (cancel iMessages, iCloud and a few other things). Anyway it was fudging annoying and lasted a few weeks but it seems ok now.

Alos the reception isn't as good as an iPhone. The phone itself takes a grade A dump on the iphone but the reception on the iphone was outstanding.

who offers the best SIM only deals? either 12 months or rolling monthly? unlimited data required

£20 ball park

Sounds good to me, hope their coverage is good- Virgin that is, have heard varying reports on giff gaff

cheers for the suggestions guys

yeh the HTC one is brilliant but i have had issues with is.

I had problems receiving text messages from anyone with an iphone at first. Apparently it has something to do with me switching over from an iphone and their phones was still recognising my HTC as an iPhone. Had to cancel my Apple account and do a few other things (cancel iMessages, iCloud and a few other things). Anyway it was fudging annoying and lasted a few weeks but it seems ok now.

Alos the reception isn't as good as an iPhone. The phone itself takes a grade A dump on the iphone but the reception on the iphone was outstanding.

That really surprises me as my HTC reception is miles better than any of my other phones - I regularly have absolutely no reception on my work iPhone (Vodafone) but still get calls and data on the one which is on three - which doesn't exactly have the best coverage!

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Bump!!!

Need some help with upgrade.. My contract is up this month, what should I go for?

I've got an iPhone and I'm not sure whether to get the new iphone 6 or switch to Samsung. Are there many benefits to switching to a Galaxy?

Also, Been with Vodafone for a while but I was wondering if I can get a better service with one of the others?

bxhwndmciaav70q_650_091014040050.jpg

Bump!!!

Need some help with upgrade.. My contract is up this month, what should I go for?

I've got an iPhone and I'm not sure whether to get the new iphone 6 or switch to Samsung. Are there many benefits to switching to a Galaxy?

Also, Been with Vodafone for a while but I was wondering if I can get a better service with one of the others?
Go for an HTC One - has the quality of an iPhone (Samsung are still a long way off) with all the benefits of Android.

Go for an HTC One - has the quality of an iPhone (Samsung are still a long way off) with all the benefits of Android.

A really good phone but I'd say buy a Nexus 5 and go SIM only and save yourself a good 50%. I'm on an unlimited data deal on 3 for £14 a month.

In what ways are the HTC and Nexus better? I mean, what everyday stuff would you use/prefer compared to the iphone?

Back