• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Why? We do go all white now and again like in 87 and 08.

Also there is no Europe this season so no games where all white is normally used….

I think we have done it three times, 86/87, 07/08 and 12/13.

So its been 11 years.

And with Leeds gone there is no one wearing all white next season.

Aside from the red lettering, looks very good!!

Our all-white European kit, in a season when we don't have European football!
A very small complaint I know but does Mr Levy do this on purpose? Would be great to have a sponsor on the shirt with blue or black lettering.

A very small complaint I know but does Mr Levy do this on purpose? Would be great to have a sponsor on the shirt with blue or black lettering.
Aside from not having AIA as a sponsor anymore. Asians generally seem to be very superstitious. Just look at all those Chinese betting companies (essentially originating from China although it is illegal there). Some of these companies have numbers like '2' and '8' which are lucky, and the color red is also a significant color in China as it symbolizes luck and joy. That's why cash gifts are always given in red envelopes for Chinese holidays.
I personally don't like the aesthetic either, even forgetting for one second that it may be the same color as our rivals... it just doesn't look good. Obviously, most of us would probably agree that these superstitious have nothing to do with football, especially in today's data-driven approach to the game. However, look at how many players have routines or rituals they perform before they get onto the pitch. Just goes to show how important mentality and psychology are in sport, or at high level investment firms.

White shorts are good for when you want to let people know you've brick your pants.
Joking aside, there are currently increasing numbers of women's sports teams ditching light-coloured shorts over period anxiety. I had no idea that this was a thing, until a friend who plays for a local women's football team told me about it. 13yo girls have enough on their plate without having to worry about whether they'll suddenly have a red blotch appearing in the middle of their white shorts -- it's enough to put girls off playing sports entirely.

So, assuming that Spurs Women will be sporting similar kits to the men, I'm surprised that Nike hasn't stuck with the traditional dark blue shorts.

Plus, I'm still scarred by the abomination that was a top that faded from white to blue paired with white shorts in the CL. As if losing that final wasn't bad enough.

I think the reason we attract a red sponsor is because it stands out against the white background whereas most other colour home kits would mean changing it.

Joking aside, there are currently increasing numbers of women's sports teams ditching light-coloured shorts over period anxiety. I had no idea that this was a thing, until a friend who plays for a local women's football team told me about it. 13yo girls have enough on their plate without having to worry about whether they'll suddenly have a red blotch appearing in the middle of their white shorts -- it's enough to put girls off playing sports entirely.

So, assuming that Spurs Women will be sporting similar kits to the men, I'm surprised that Nike hasn't stuck with the traditional dark blue shorts.

Plus, I'm still scarred by the abomination that was a top that faded from white to blue paired with white shorts in the CL. As if losing that final wasn't bad enough.
I just read an article about this recently. The only thing I have to worry about is not eating tacos or a tikka masala before wearing light-colored shorts. A darker shade and I should be able to risk a "dodgy fart" here and there.

I didn't like those gradient transitions either, whether it was paired with white or navy shorts.

Back