• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New here - Best of johnkent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Defoe and VDV up top.

Modric is a CM. The OP started a thread saying Harry has taken us as far as he can, and some of the critique was based on players playing out of position. Then he starts another thread suggesting VDV play CM, and Modric supports the striker.

Wrong i started this thread by saying make a small adjustment and swap VDV and modric, both play central just 50 yards etc apart, this is not like playing bale right wing is it? My other thread was suggesting Rednapp has bought us as far as he can, two totally seperate threads.

Ridiculous suggestion,

Modric strengths:

Keeps the ball moving quickly, high work rate, does his fair share of defensive work.

Weaknesses: Finishing, heading a ball

VDV strengths:

First touch, ability to see a pass in the final third (vision), finishing off either foot

weaknesses: Fitness and workrate, holds on to the ball too long at times and looks for the 'hollywood' pass too often.

Good CM has: High fitness levels, keeps the ball moving, works hard (a la Modric)

A good striker/deep lying CF has: Good vision, good finishing (a la VDV)

People complain about Harry playing Bale on the right then suggest things like this???

Did you not see VDV playing in central midfield for us against United at the start of the season?
The guy simply can't play there.
Luka could probably do Rafa's role, but tbh he would never have scored the header VdV did last night. His shooting his nowhere near the level of VdV's and he hasnt got the physical strength to hold off central defenders.

The reason Luka isn't playing as well as he was is he gets less space on the ball when both Lennon and Bale aren't playing. The opposition can afford to play much narrower.

I also think space is lost when Parker moves forward. This drags an extra defending player into the attacking areas. I think it would be better off if he just held back with the CB's and let the full backs run on.

Ridiculous suggestion,

Modric strengths:

Keeps the ball moving quickly, high work rate, does his fair share of defensive work.

Weaknesses: Finishing, heading a ball

VDV strengths:

First touch, ability to see a pass in the final third (vision), finishing off either foot

weaknesses: Fitness and workrate, holds on to the ball too long at times and looks for the 'hollywood' pass too often.

Good CM has: High fitness levels, keeps the ball moving, works hard (a la Modric)

A good striker/deep lying CF has: Good vision, good finishing (a la VDV)

People complain about Harry playing Bale on the right then suggest things like this???

Good post.

I think a lot of Spurs fans vastly underestimate Modric defensively.

Might post a thread entitled:

"How long will it be till that fella from Kent posts a thread with his latest fleeting thought that doesn't warrant it's own thread as there are already threads that exist for the specific purpose of asking questions on such subject matters?"

I also think space is lost when Parker moves forward. This drags an extra defending player into the attacking areas. I think it would be better off if he just held back with the CB's and let the full backs run on.

Agree totally, Parker is rarely successful when he runs forward with the ball

Might post a thread entitled:

"How long will it be till that fella from Kent posts a thread with his latest fleeting thought that doesn't warrant it's own thread as there are already threads that exist for the specific purpose of asking questions on such subject matters?"
Would you like a thread discussing the pros and cons of such a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back