• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New here - Best of johnkent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swap VDV and Modric roles

Playing Modric further forward would benifit us as would playing VDV deeper (he plays there most of the time anyway.

Also let Dos Santos go wide right and tell bale to keep left not wander.

I'm not a potential England manager but i'd give that a bash .

Rednapp seems to lack a plan B as do the other stand up stooges next to him.

So....let me get this right. Play Modric as the supporting striker?

No play Modric behing the striker so he recieves the ball off midfield always looking forward not backwards and feeds who ever is up front.

VDV copuld easily do what Modric is doing now i just think Modric could do better than what VDV is doing.

VDV comes deep too much for my liking leaving us short up front.

Certainly worth a try.

VDV wouldn't be able to play in a two man cm.
Modric is better picking up the ball rom deep positions and influencing our play from there, driving us on.
And I still fail to understand exactly what GDS actually does?

He comes to collect the ball and move play forward - not control the tempo, rhythm and play distribution in the middle - very different aspects all together

Modric letely is playing within himself, always looking for those quick backward 1-2's with Parker.

He'd is a much more potent player when driving forward and looking for that through ball.

Modric letely is playing within himself, always looking for those quick backward 1-2's with Parker.

He'd is a much more potent player when driving forward and looking for that through ball.

But he still has crucial work to do in the middle which VdV wouldn't be able to do - that's my point really

Agree with this - he's been very lacklustre the second half of this season (by his standards). Still a couple of key assists, but not as probing, and dominant in possession as normal

No chance. Modric can't finish like VDV, and he would never have scored a header like yesterday.

Keep them how they are, worked the beginning of the season, somethings just not working out right now.

Ade
VDV

Bale Parker Modric GDS

Effectively making it a 5 man midfield, thats how I see us at our strongest

Play Defoe and VDV up top.

Modric is a CM. The OP started a thread saying Harry has taken us as far as he can, and some of the critique was based on players playing out of position. Then he starts another thread suggesting VDV play CM, and Modric supports the striker.

Did you not see VDV playing in central midfield for us against United at the start of the season?
The guy simply can't play there.
Luka could probably do Rafa's role, but tbh he would never have scored the header VdV did last night. His shooting his nowhere near the level of VdV's and he hasnt got the physical strength to hold off central defenders.

The reason Luka isn't playing as well as he was is he gets less space on the ball when both Lennon and Bale aren't playing. The opposition can afford to play much narrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back