• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New DoF?

surely AVB knows that whoever does the leg work its still gonna be Levy agreeing terms, we could have had Nick Clegg running the Moutinho deal, apologising for everything but there would still have been a conversation that ended in Levy telling Porto to fudge themselves

17015.jpg

LIKE A BOSS

Attachments

• 17015.jpg
    17015.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17
Personally I think AVB is the architect of it, rather than just acquiescence about it. Perhaps he just didn't want another transfer window with Levy as acting DoF!

AVB said its what the club have been planning for long

having a DoF will make no difference to LastminuteLevy.com style transfers

Tottenham confident of appointing Baldini to director role next year

Spurs remain in the hunt for the Roma general manager even though he is expected to distance himself from a switch to London at a press conference on Wednesday afternoon

Tottenham remain confident of luring Franco Baldini to White Hart Lane even though he will tell a press conference on Wednesday that he is committed to Roma, Goal.com can reveal.

Spurs have been tracking the former England No.2 since early summer and are hopeful he will take on a technical director role at the club next year.

Although Baldini is expected to distance himself from a switch to Spurs at a scheduled media briefing in Rome on Wednesday afternoon, sources have told Goal.com that the two parties remain in contact.

The likelihood is that the 51-year-old will leave Roma in either January or at the end of the season, and his destination is expected to be Tottenham.

Baldini's powerbase at the Serie A club has been weakened in recent months following a series of recruitment decisions that backfired at the start of his second spell in Rome.

Manager Luis Enrique, goalkeeper coach Franco Tancredi and head of communication Daniele Lo Monaco were all appointed on Baldini’s recommendation and have since left the Olimpico Stadium.

The Roma general manager had little input in the club’s summer transfer strategy, which was overseen by sporting director Walter Sabbatini, and his relationship with the club’s Boston-based owners is said to have deteriorated considerably.

Nevertheless, Baldini is the only Roma executive who speaks fluent English and the American owners, who have flown in to Italy for a board meeting later this week, want him to front the club’s winter training camp in Orlando, Florida.

Baldini’s €600,000-a-year Roma contract runs until 2014 but Tottenham’s interest is likely to pave the way for his departure at some point next year.

As revealed by Goal.com last month, Spurs have targeted Baldini as they look to overhaul their recruitment operation and create a new senior executive position.

Chairman Daniel Levy wants to re-introduce a continental-style set-up to aid manager Andre Villas-Boas four years after abandoning the director of football model when Damien Comolli was sacked in October 2008.

Villas-Boas, who held talks with Baldini about taking the Roma manager's job in the summer, has confirmed he would be comfortable with the introduction of a technical director at Tottenham.

"I have worked with one at Porto and Academica and had no issues with that and I certainly promote that," Villas-Boas said.

Senior Spurs officials are prepared to bide their time and wait for Baldini to become available, even though club sources insist there are other names in the frame for the role.

Ian Broomfield, who was brought to the club from Portsmouth in 2009 by ex-boss Harry Redknapp, was sacked as chief scout last month, which followed the departure of scout Peter Senior from the academy set-up.

Baldini is well known to English audiences for his four years with the England national team working alongside Fabio Capello before his departure last year to return to Roma for a second spell.

The former midfielder became director of football at Roma in 1999 and, with Capello he helped to bring Walter Samuel, Gabriel Batistuta and Emerson to the club. Baldini resigned in March 2005 and joined Capello at Real Madrid a year later.

www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premie...fident-of-appointing-baldini-to-director-role

Juventus sporting director Guild until 2015. And that no Tottenham ...

Not only Marotta. Even Fabio Guild is going to renew his contract with Juventus. The young ds will bind up to 2015, the agreement (such as Marotta) will be formalized at the next scheduled Board of Directors on October 26. An unassailable feeling that between Guild and Juventus, certified the results and the blows of the market (think Vidal) he scored. That have not gone unnoticed: Tottenham has in fact hoped to convince Guild to accept the proposed assignment, contacts have been extended to the end of the ds but decided to stay at Juve. No Tottenham therefore, that he had thought about Guild after an exhaustive search (in corporate style), to adapt to a style of management more Italian and less English. The idea of ​​some clubs in the Premier now is to limit the powers of the coaches, recruiting managers good at discovering future champions. In Italy, fortunately, the current generation (s ds which have about 40 years) is highly reliable: Aid, Bigon, Sensitive, Pradè, Tare, many grown in the fields of youth, all already experienced in the management of the working group and of ' corporate organization. The list is long, because Delli Carri grows well in Pescara, Petrachi reported in the Turin A, B Sogliano is in Verona but only for the moment. We sold many champions and exported our coaches, let's keep at least the talent scout

I know that West Brom have just had an approach for him turned down but what do people make of Lee Congerton?

Juventus sporting director Guild until 2015. And that no Tottenham ...

Not only Marotta. Even Fabio Guild is going to renew his contract with Juventus. The young ds will bind up to 2015, the agreement (such as Marotta) will be formalized at the next scheduled Board of Directors on October 26. An unassailable feeling that between Guild and Juventus, certified the results and the blows of the market (think Vidal) he scored. That have not gone unnoticed: Tottenham has in fact hoped to convince Guild to accept the proposed assignment, contacts have been extended to the end of the ds but decided to stay at Juve. No Tottenham therefore, that he had thought about Guild after an exhaustive search (in corporate style), to adapt to a style of management more Italian and less English. The idea of ​​some clubs in the Premier now is to limit the powers of the coaches, recruiting managers good at discovering future champions. In Italy, fortunately, the current generation (s ds which have about 40 years) is highly reliable: Aid, Bigon, Sensitive, Pradè, Tare, many grown in the fields of youth, all already experienced in the management of the working group and of ' corporate organization. The list is long, because Delli Carri grows well in Pescara, Petrachi reported in the Turin A, B Sogliano is in Verona but only for the moment. We sold many champions and exported our coaches, let's keep at least the talent scout

Que? Something about a sock?

Damien Comolli is the leading candidate to become the director of football at West Bromwich Albion after settling his Liverpool pay-off at an employment hearing on Wednesday.

Indeed he did. It was laughable the way any succuessful signing was credited as one made by the coach and any failures were always referred to as a 'Comolli signing'....

Comolli did well for us

gonad*s he did, the **** tried to destroy someting i have loved for 30 years something i have spent good knows how much money on and given GHod knows ho much time of my life over to.

I hate the man with a passion, actually the only thing i hate anywhere near as much as him is the EU and the dentist.

A fudging **** hole of a man.

next person to say berbatov was his even though he came to the lane the season before that french **** joined us, for a look around, well they will get my **** rammed down their throat.

He left us with a squad that was so unbalanced and could not perform. I hate the man hate him hate him.

Back