• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New career

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
After 10 years with William Hill I'm leaving and looking to start work with tesco.com. Leaving a 26k job will be tough for a while but with a 6 month old son the hours are too anti-social and 4 on 4 off will hopefully work out better. What does everyone else do for a living?

Financial Controller for Gold Coast building company. 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, golf membership included, nice compnay car included (VW Eos). Good family company who believe in a good life/work balance.

Sounds lovely mate. Very important balance which, regrettably, my old firm can't get right hence the move.

I'm an exotic pole dancer in a sex club

the tips are rubbish though, I can't understand it, as the women do all right

I'm lucky that my boss is same age as me, and my daughter is in same class as his eldest. He has 5 kids under 12 and everything the business does is to make him retire early and enjoy his kids. He also wants the same for his staff which is the big bonus.

I work hard , am well paid , but the ability to leave work early to watch my daughters piano concerts or play a round of golf is worth more than what I know I could earn at a big corporate.

Online Marketing and CRM Manager in the leisure industry. Pays well, good perks, generally have a good work/life balance although as anybody in marketing will tell you, you make most of your annual income during your peak, so sometimes you need to work some long hours to ensure you strike whilst the iron's hot.

Waiting for an ideal job in football marketing. Luckily lots of clubs are using CRM systems to be more in touch with their fan groups, so hopefully will head in that direction.

Just finished Uni, am now a Development Control Officer (Planning permission etc) having been a manager for 10 years for Wetherspoon.

Part time locksmith about 5 or 6 jobs a week and a part time cabbie but i do this less and less and only pre booked jos. I enjoy having freedom in my work life. I would not really work but the interest on our savings are not returning what we hoped so to pay the lads school fees for the next 10 years then i guess university fees, so im going to be working for the next 13/14 years:frown:

I will not work past 50 though so i think i might just make that. Plan is to move abroad and spend our days growing fruit and veg and doing watersports, thats the plan anyway.

Town planner/project manager for State Government in Melbourne. Hours are good (9.15am - 5.30pm) and they're amazing in terms of taking annual leave on half pay (i.e. 4 weeks could easily be 8 weeks a year).

Work-life balance is the major draw of Australia for me.

Online Marketing and CRM Manager in the leisure industry. Pays well, good perks, generally have a good work/life balance although as anybody in marketing will tell you, you make most of your annual income during your peak, so sometimes you need to work some long hours to ensure you strike whilst the iron's hot.

Waiting for an ideal job in football marketing. Luckily lots of clubs are using CRM systems to be more in touch with their fan groups, so hopefully will head in that direction.
I'm in the same profession, but I'm not a manager!

Back