• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Never Forget This...

ChhWzJBWUAEpnNL.jpg

The table from 2nd of Jan for ANYONE who is taking brick from Gooners today using the hypocritial term "bottlers".
keep this for end of season, after we secure 2nd

For anyone getting grief from the goons, keep your powder dry. When we beat Southampton, we can celebrate St. Arsewipe Day. Even if we don't, when they lose to City it's the same but later in the day.

What I will say even IF the rest of the football community hate us ( and I do not believe its true just paranoia from fans as usual), is that the look of disappointment on our players last night as they walked off will be good for them in the long run. I always remember my first coach '(Allison) always saying to become a winner you have to suffer the pain of being a loser in the first place.

Now I know some will laugh at that but to really be a winner you have to suffer loss because it makes you determined to try not to let it happen a again, I lost two semi- finals in one weekend and it was awful and I was determined it would never happen again ( and it never did). Our young players will never forget the hurt from last night and the real winners among them will strive not to let it happen again.

agree with that post wholeheartedly Parklane and i think looking at everything we've seen from these players this season we can be confident that they will turn the hurt in to something positive going forwards - they know they've done well but at the same time they seem to know they could have done/can do better

What I will say even IF the rest of the football community hate us ( and I do not believe its true just paranoia from fans as usual), is that the look of disappointment on our players last night as they walked off will be good for them in the long run. I always remember my first coach '(Allison) always saying to become a winner you have to suffer the pain of being a loser in the first place.

Now I know some will laugh at that but to really be a winner you have to suffer loss because it makes you determined to try not to let it happen a again, I lost two semi- finals in one weekend and it was awful and I was determined it would never happen again ( and it never did). Our young players will never forget the hurt from last night and the real winners among them will strive not to let it happen again.
I also agree. And while I do not condone the loss of composure from our players the fact that they did what they did means that no-one will take us lightly next year.

This, if I was Poch, I would simply say "feel the pain, feel that miserable feeling" remember it, use it, make sure next time the other guy feels that.

We need to remember our guys have given it their all, and will be in the fight next season, I for one will have a less than quiet laugh when Leicester returns to normal service next season.

Funnily enough, the goons were the better bunch at work today. I had a Swansea (??) fan trying to bait me, I mean - really?? That was quite easily shot down.

One of the Arsenal supporters (proper North London and not that young either) said we have a brilliant squad (compared to theirs too) and that we should be happier than Leicester going into next season.

The United season ticket holder just kept quiet haha.

Coming home after work - feck me, was switching from station to station to stop hearing about Leicester! ended up on Kiss FM...

For me personally; I really couldn't see us winning the title - particularly after the Brom game. But as per my goon work colleague's view - I'm really looking forward to next season!

If I were Poch, I'd turn the players to the television, to the radio, to the football pages of the major newspapers. All jubilantly live-tweeting Leicester's triumph, all desperately willing us to fail from the first minute onwards. All ready to savagely cheer a team of young, spirited, likeable footballers being beaten by a team of odious c*nts to spin their own narratives, further their own causes, vindicate their own repudiation of their jaded natures.

'GOAL! CHELSEA LEVEL! SPURS THROW IT AWAY! LEICESTER WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE! YES, IT *IS* HAPPENING!'

If I were Poch, I'd make them watch it all.

And then I'd tell them to never forget this.

Never forget how the media turned on you.

Never forget how the football world willed you to lose.

Never forget how the officials, referees, opposing players, everyone involved in the professional game...never forget how ready they were to help Leicester over the line, even if it meant ruthlessly f*cking over a young, talented side trying to challenge the Premier League's anointed golden boys.

Never forget.

Sir Alex Ferguson instilled the greatest siege mentality the game had ever seen at Manchester United. Everyone, no matter their motivations, ceased to matter outside Old Trafford and the covenant of United fans, players and staff once the season had begun. The football world could go hang, and not a single thing they tried to do or say would filter through to a team of players who genuinely believed the world was against them, and who went out wanting to do nothing more than coldly, professionally secure the titles and triumphs that mattered to them...and sod the rest of the world. They could go choke on their bitterness for all the players and staff cared. United was what mattered. All else was ephemeral.

Today, the players have an opportunity to embrace that mentality, and I hope Poch makes them imbibe it.

Never forget how a world that praised you three weeks ago eagerly awaited your latest stumble now, so you didn't disturb the season-long narrative.

And learn to tell the world to sod off in return.

Post of the year buddy. Great stuff.

Sorry man, I know that you want to see it like that, but seriously read some of the stuff online prior and just after the game. There was as much brick posting from people who wanted to see us fail as there was about wanting Leicester to win. Most fans from the usual mob at the top wanted us to lose and it wasn't just for Leicester. A lot of them have had years of goading us as little old Spurs, to see us win the league would have tinkleed them off way more than anything else.

As I said, they hate us for what we are. I´m quite certain that they would hate us with almost the same intensity if we rot in the National League.

But again, saying that those fans hates us is not the same as saying that the footballworld hates us.

Funnily enough, the goons were the better bunch at work today. I had a Swansea (??) fan trying to bait me, I mean - really?? That was quite easily shot down.

One of the Arsenal supporters (proper North London and not that young either) said we have a brilliant squad (compared to theirs too) and that we should be happier than Leicester going into next season.

The United season ticket holder just kept quiet haha.

Coming home after work - feck me, was switching from station to station to stop hearing about Leicester! ended up on Kiss FM...

For me personally; I really couldn't see us winning the title - particularly after the Brom game. But as per my goon work colleague's view - I'm really looking forward to next season!

Lol who was he.....ask him where were they when they played Leicester a couple of weeks ago. They've done well to turn things around but who ever their new manager will be (Rodgers!!!) will have his work cut out next year.

Being an old fart I find it's a generation thing, in my youth the performance of your chosen team did not reflect on you as a person, it did not make you cleverer, sexier or better person and if you lost it didn't make you a mug. It's just a game, which I loved playing, watching football will never be as good as playing it and to me there was no greater pain than when I had to stop. Since the creation of the Premier League the attitude of the media and their "winners gods..losers fools" coverage young fans have become loutish in their relationship with other clubs, teams and fans. Sure we all like or dislike some clubs but there must always be respect of your opponents and that's a concept which is sadly missing at present.

Being an old fart I find it's a generation thing, in my youth the performance of your chosen team did not reflect on you as a person, it did not make you cleverer, sexier or better person and if you lost it didn't make you a mug. It's just a game, which I loved playing, watching football will never be as good as playing it and to me there was no greater pain than when I had to stop. Since the creation of the Premier League the attitude of the media and their "winners gods..losers fools" coverage young fans have become loutish in their relationship with other clubs, teams and fans. Sure we all like or dislike some clubs but there must always be respect of your opponents and that's a concept which is sadly missing at present.

I was always told respect is earned not given, what is missing these days is not the giving of respect but others failing to earn it from us.

I was always told respect is earned not given, what is missing these days is not the giving of respect but others failing to earn it from us.
I would agree in life but not in sport, if teams cannot respect one another there's no point in playing.

Great post and sums it up for me as well, the bit in bold is 100% right you can never replace actually playing the game. I was lucky in that I was able to stay in the game as a coach but even though I loved that there was always the hole that could not be replaced. I always tell folks that you should play for as long as you can ( no matter what level) because they will come a day when you no longer can and then you will miss it.

Anyone who doesn't think other clubs fans hate us is deluded.

Indeed.

I dont know of any other club in the Premiership that has 4 rivals who's fans want to beat us more than any other team.
Arsenal
Chelsea
West Ham
Southampton

I am sure if you asked any fans of those clubs 'If your team only beat one Premiership this season which would you prefer it to be'

It would be us (normally Soton fans would chose Portsmouth, but that's not happening again for a long time). Possibly could even add Watford to that list to.

We would also probably be 2nd choice for City fans and 3rd choice for Liverpool.

I appreciate that all times have a rival(s) that hate them, but we seem to have a multitude!

Back