• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Never Forget This...

That's of course if the F.A. allows Roy to pick them. Wouldn't want nasty players representing the country at the Euros now would we.
Well they would obviously take second place to fine upstanding (or sometimes crouching when in the vicinity dustbins) citizens such as Wheelchair.

"Poch on last season: "We spent a lot of energy fighting against Leicester, the media, the people. We were fighting against everyone.

""The team all the world tried to kill was Tottenham. Leicester fully deserved title, but now you understand our behaviour against Chelsea."

Well, it finally arrived - the conclusion to the angry rant in the first page that I wanted to see, one year on.

We're heading into another crunch period, with extremely difficult games and circumstances now nearly upon us - but if Poch has internalized this one thing and transmitted it to the players, then it will end a lot better than it did last season.

The football world hates Tottenham Hotspur if we get in the way of their self-congratulatory narratives, and being a young, largely English, attractive, grounded and sustainable side doesn't mean anything compared to the chance to hail some well-dressed Italian coach leading an oligarch-funded team back to the same No.1 spot in the league that they also concurrently occupy in the net spend and wage tables - just as it meant nothing last year when it was the same side (even younger) up against ickle Leicester City, tumbling along on their racist striker's fairytale journey.

Last year, I asked the team to learn how to tell the world to sod off in return.

Now, having finally acknowledged it, it's Poch's job to make sure that happens over the next month, the next year and (hopefully) the next decade.

@thfcsteff - you said a year ago that Poch would definitely impart the lessons I wanted him to. Credit to you, because you were right.

Last edited:
He's talking like a league winning manager. Close your eyes and it could be Ferguson or Mourinho. The perfect message to the players at the perfect time.

Last edited:
He's talking like a league winning manager. Close your eyes and it could be Ferguson or Mourinho. The perfect message to the players at the perfect time.

He is like the modern, evolved, polite and decent version of Mourinho with the sheer love of football and cub the Fergie had. One day, the story behind how Levy went for, and got, him needs to be written.

He is like the modern, evolved, polite and decent version of Mourinho with the sheer love of football and cub the Fergie had. One day, the story behind how Levy went for, and got, him needs to be written.

He doesn't have Mourinho's tendency to go negative in big games thankfully. The other big difference is that with Mourinho it is always about him, Poch is far happier taking a step back and letting others get the plaudits.

What I will say even IF the rest of the football community hate us ( and I do not believe its true just paranoia from fans as usual), is that the look of disappointment on our players last night as they walked off will be good for them in the long run. I always remember my first coach '(Allison) always saying to become a winner you have to suffer the pain of being a loser in the first place.

Now I know some will laugh at that but to really be a winner you have to suffer loss because it makes you determined to try not to let it happen a again, I lost two semi- finals in one weekend and it was awful and I was determined it would never happen again ( and it never did). Our young players will never forget the hurt from last night and the real winners among them will strive not to let it happen again.

Above is my post from earlier in the thread, the players had shown ( at least to me) that lessons have been learnt from our end to last season ( some of it self inflicted), and we are now a much stronger and mentaly focused team.

Above is my post from earlier in the thread, the players had shown ( at least to me) that lessons have been learnt from our end to last season ( some of it self inflicted), and we are now a much stronger and mentally focused team.
I think you are right. I believe this team is made of the right stuff, but there are some real tests still to come. With that defeat to Utd the league door is open just a crack. Whether Chelsea will rally or fall away is not in our control but beating them in the semi is. Every match now is the most important of the season but that one in particular might be worth more than just a final berth.

I think you are right. I believe this team is made of the right stuff, but there are some real tests still to come. With that defeat to Utd the league door is open just a crack. Whether Chelsea will rally or fall away is not in our control but beating them in the semi is. Every match now is the most important of the season but that one in particular might be worth more than just a final berth.

You are spot and we do have real tests to come but i really believe we will win the semi, as for the title i do not see us doing that though. We have become a side that every team wants to beat ( that is what happens when you become a side that other teams fear) the likes of Chelski and the likes have lived with that for several years but its fairly new to us. A strong mentality is the one thing that all top teams need to have and i do believe that we are now begining to show we have that and a lot of that is to do with Poch but also having lost our way last season at the end was a lesson which we have also learnt from.

You are spot and we do have real tests to come but i really believe we will win the semi, as for the title i do not see us doing that though. We have become a side that every team wants to beat ( that is what happens when you become a side that other teams fear) the likes of Chelski and the likes have lived with that for several years but its fairly new to us. A strong mentality is the one thing that all top teams need to have and i do believe that we are now begining to show we have that and a lot of that is to do with Poch but also having lost our way last season at the end was a lesson which we have also learnt from.
The Chelsea match was disappointing in many ways. The end of our title challenge of course but it was also disappointing because it displayed our lack of self control. As much as I like to see Chelsea being kicked it ultimately served no purpose.

However it was not the most disappointing thing for me. As you say, the way the team mentally checked out after that draw was worse in my opinion. The lack of focus in the last few matches was totally out of kilter with the season and was a little unprofessional if truth be told. That was the hard lesson to be learned from last season. We won't win the title but I would love to see us push to the end this time.

Last edited:
The Chelsea match was disappointing in many ways. The end of our title challenge of course but it was also disappointing because of our display of lack of self control. As much as I like to see Chelsea being kicked it ultimately served no purpose.

However it was not the most disappointing thing for me. As you say, the way the team mentally checked out after that draw was worse in my opinion. The lack of focus in the last few matches was totally out of kilter with the season and was a little unprofessional if truth be told. That was the hard lesson to be learned from last season. We won't win the title but I would love to see us push to the end this time.

I think the Chelski game was the turning point and you could see the look on our players faces when they came off, as you say we lost our control ( and i squirmed when i heard/read some of our fan saying how good it was to see us kicking the Chelski players) we lost the plot and that ran into the next few games. Unprofessional is probably the best way to describe it but i said at the time we had/have a team of youngsters and it was probably understandable to a degree, my thoughts were that we either learnt from those mistakes or crumbled into this season.

Thankfully with Pooch saying how angry he was the players have regrouped and seem to have learnt a important lesson.There was a example in our game against Watford, one or two of their players were sticking it to Alli and after one instance it looked like he would bite ( which is what they were looking for) the next thing was seeing Dier getting hold of the back of Alli's shirt and pulled him back. Our team is growing up and its good to see.

I think the Chelski game was the turning point and you could see the look on our players faces when they came off, as you say we lost our control ( and i squirmed when i heard/read some of our fan saying how good it was to see us kicking the Chelski players) we lost the plot and that ran into the next few games. Unprofessional is probably the best way to describe it but i said at the time we had/have a team of youngsters and it was probably understandable to a degree, my thoughts were that we either learnt from those mistakes or crumbled into this season.

Thankfully with Pooch saying how angry he was the players have regrouped and seem to have learnt a important lesson.There was a example in our game against Watford, one or two of their players were sticking it to Alli and after one instance it looked like he would bite ( which is what they were looking for) the next thing was seeing Dier getting hold of the back of Alli's shirt and pulled him back. Our team is growing up and its good to see.

pyrzfxhe3y-2.png

He doesn't have Mourinho's tendency to go negative in big games thankfully. The other big difference is that with Mourinho it is always about him, Poch is far happier taking a step back and letting others get the plaudits.

Indeed...thus hence why I did say 'evolved' version ;-)...he's more Fergie anyway!

Ha! I just posted about this game in the Poch thread, and funnily enough, was upset at those who got upset that some of us were quite all right with the way it all ended up at the Bridge in terms of aggression and plot-loss. I was incredulous that anyone could
a) not believe that this manager would not learn from the mistake in expenditure of aggression and
b) not appreciate that for once, for the first time in too many years, we refused to be bullied and refused to go into our shells.

We'd been on the receiving end from everyone for weeks prior. It was a boiling over and not short-term productive at all. But every bit of control, strength, reserve, power and togetherness we see right now, every last inch of self-belief (Swansea) was -in my opinion- born that night at the Battle of The Bridge.

I think we wholeheartedly agree on it being the turning point of how this club behaves and 'is' but perhaps from different perspectives!!!!
COYS

With hindsight that Chelsea game last proved to be an important step in our evolution. I think that we have stepped it up both mentally and tactically, our players have learned to rise above the nastiness that teams like Chelsea adopt. Next week will be interesting, we will stop them playing, and then they will resort to kicking us.....then it will be interesting to see how we react

Ha! I just posted about this game in the Poch thread, and funnily enough, was upset at those who got upset that some of us were quite all right with the way it all ended up at the Bridge in terms of aggression and plot-loss. I was incredulous that anyone could
a) not believe that this manager would not learn from the mistake in expenditure of aggression and
b) not appreciate that for once, for the first time in too many years, we refused to be bullied and refused to go into our shells.

We'd been on the receiving end from everyone for weeks prior. It was a boiling over and not short-term productive at all. But every bit of control, strength, reserve, power and togetherness we see right now, every last inch of self-belief (Swansea) was -in my opinion- born that night at the Battle of The Bridge.

I think we wholeheartedly agree on it being the turning point of how this club behaves and 'is' but perhaps from different perspectives!!!!
COYS

The bolded bit is spot on, but i still think we ( and them) acted like a load of schoolkids and that Chelski had that planned from the start, we lost the plot and because of that we failed to win a game we should have done.

I will make a comment on your a) and b) remarks though.

a) Saying Poch has learnt a lesson is wrong ( imo) because i do not believe for one minute that he was happy/or wanted us to play the game that way, in fact he has been quoted as saying that he was annoyed with how we let the game go by losing our heads.

b) There is a massive difference between not allowing ourselves to be bullied and losing our heads, plot, a game. in the past we have had many players who could dish out retribution ( Mackay, England, Roberts etc etc) and i never saw them or most of their teammates go" into a shell".

i posted at the time that i hoped it would make/help these players grow because the look in their eyes when they came of was as losers and hurt. Thankfully they have shown that it will not happen again.

Back