• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Sell Dempsey and have Chadli as Bernard's back-up? Could be I suppose.

but Jason Burt, the man you claim is AVB's mate, said that Chadli is the cheaper alternative to Bernard. That means one is coming, not both, and it looks like the cheaper one

but Jason Burt, the man you claim is AVB's mate, said that Chadli is the cheaper alternative to Bernard. That means one is coming, not both, and it looks like the cheaper one

I have no problem with that. Money goes towards a striker now and other positions needed strengthening. As much as I like Bernard, £20m for him is ridiculously overpriced.

If we don't have much to spend then I don't see the point in keeping Bale for another year, we may as well just sell him now while his price is at its peak.

if Bale stays fit this season, i think he is going to surpass what he produced last season. That will mean a potential 100 mill pound plus transfer next summer. Half the stadium costs paid for.

if Bale stays fit this season, i think he is going to surpass what he produced last season. That will mean a potential 100 mill pound plus transfer next summer. Half the stadium costs paid for.

its unbelievable that people think we should sell our best player just so we can have some money :lol:

I have no problem with that. Money goes towards a striker now and other positions needed strengthening. As much as I like Bernard, £20m for him is ridiculously overpriced.

we will buy a cheap striker too

Looks like the same will happen with regards to a striker as well.

If we were will to spend big, even if we think the players in question are overpriced then I'd say Bale has to stay at all costs, even if Madrid come and offer us £100m. If all we're going to do is shop for the likes of Chadli and McCarthy then Bale may as well just go as his price next summer will at best be the same it is now, but an injury/drop in form could cost us tens of millions.

its unbelievable that people think we should sell our best player just so we can have some money :lol:

It's not so that we can have some money, it's so that we don't risk losing out on a lot of it. No matter what Bale does next season, his price isn't going up as he'll be a year older with a year less on his contract and will push harder for a move next year.

as long as he can put away goals I dont care how much he costs :lol:

berbatov cost £10m

yes "as long as" is the key......we need last seasons cheap Benteke, not last seasons cheap Ade

It's not so that we can have some money, it's so that we don't risk losing out on a lot of it. No matter what Bale does next season, his price isn't going up as he'll be a year older with a year less on his contract and will push harder for a move next year.

We'll still offer the same amount of money. We will still say £80m+ for Bale regardless of how he does. That is his value.

Well if the growing rumours in Brazil are true, Bernard has chosen Arsenal. There's no need for us to hang-around. Its a shame to miss out on Bernard, but 2bh its a huge outlay for someone that for me isn't an ideal fit for English football on the face of it. Not saying he's going to flop, but I know Tim Vickery isn't convinced by Bernard in the Premiership or even in Europe as a hole at this stage of his career.

I really haven't seen enough of Bernard to make a sound call myself as to whether he's the mutts nutts as everyone seems to think he is.

Chadli on the other hand looks very skilful and creative as well as being a bit of a beast physically too. He seems to like a shot too.

If we sign him I still think having him on the left cutting in and shooting and Bale on the right, too fast, physical beasts with powerful shots could be pretty scary for teams to have to deal with.

Now go all out for Soldado and we are motoring!

yes "as long as" is the key......we need last seasons cheap Benteke, not last seasons cheap Ade

We all knew Ade would do that though, we were all warned.

Like you say, we need last seasons cheap benteke. They are out there. It just seems people would rather buy a white polo with ralph lauren on the front because of the name rather than just the same white polo without it.

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot 19s

Nacer Chadli’s agent has told Belga agency that player will sign for Spurs after medical later today. At 7 million, he is a steal. #thfc

Its staggering isn't it - I think people have honestly failed to get it in their heads what a MASSIVE talent Bale has turned into. When was the last time a Spurs player was nominated for the fudging Balon d'Or for christ sakes?

We literally have one of the world's best players playing in our shirt!

What would you rather have? A team with Bernard, Villa, Benteke in it (and this is forgetting for a moment that even if we are £80m richer, Villa and Bernard will still turn us down for teams with CL football and/or closer to home and/or more prestige/bigger wage budgets) but no Bale, or a team with Chadli, whatever striker we buy in it plus Bale?

Infact, i'd even go with just keeping Ade/Defoe plus Bale plus Chadli and no striker, Bale is that good.

Bale in the team means that we can play utter dog-brick in a game, not string too passes together, but suddenly Bale picks up the ball and Whallop - oh brick he's just smashed one in from 40 yards out and we have won the game out of nothing!

He does this REGULARLY too. He probably single-handedly got us about 15 points last season!

Chadli may be a cheaper option, but he improves the team. He improves the team with Bale in it. Who knows whether Bernard will even do well? He could be another Jose Antonio Reyes or Arshavin. I think Chadli has all the attributes to do well in England and he also ticks the creative and goal-scoring box we want for our wide-left-forward position.

Its staggering isn't it - I think people have honestly failed to get it in their heads what a MASSIVE talent Bale has turned into. When was the last time a Spurs player was nominated for the fudging Balon d'Or for christ sakes?

We literally have one of the world's best players playing in our shirt!

What would you rather have? A team with Bernard, Villa, Benteke in it (and this is forgetting for a moment that even if we are £80m richer, Villa and Bernard will still turn us down for teams with CL football and/or closer to home and/or more prestige/bigger wage budgets) but no Bale, or a team with Chadli, whatever striker we buy in it plus Bale?

Infact, i'd even go with just keeping Ade/Defoe plus Bale plus Chadli and no striker, Bale is that good.

Bale in the team means that we can play utter dog-brick in a game, not string too passes together, but suddenly Bale picks up the ball and Whallop - oh brick he's just smashed one in from 40 yards out and we have won the game out of nothing!

He does this REGULARLY too. He probably single-handedly got us about 15 points last season!

Chadli may be a cheaper option, but he improves the team. He improves the team with Bale in it. Who knows whether Bernard will even do well? He could be another Jose Antonio Reyes or Arshavin. I think Chadli has all the attributes to do well in England and he also ticks the creative and goal-scoring box we want for our wide-left-forward position.

You're missing my point on Bale. I haven't said we should sell him so we can get some money(that was Mumorms dumb conclusion). I've said if we're not willing to put better players around him, we may as well sell him as the club risk losing out on tens of millions in the event of him suffering a bad injury or losing form. If we were willing to spend then I'd say we must keep him.

It's not wrong. The entire premise of keeping Bale for one more season is that we were going to push on, spend and put players around him who'll help us fight at a higher level. If all we're going to do is turn down the chance to sign those players because they're too expensive and instead pick up some cheap bargains then there's no point in keeping Bale for another year. His price is at its peak now imo, not next summer.

Well we have signed Brazil's starting midfielder, who looks like an absolute monster box-to-box midfielder who scores goals from midfield - for £17m???

How is this not building better players around Bale? Our midfield looks utter nutt-crushingly strong now. Seriously I think people are really getting spoilt.

We have about half the budget of most of our CL rivals, yet DL and the other guys at the club that deal with transfers seem to be able to consistently buy in top-quality players like Lloris and Paulinho. Even at the rate of one a season, the fact that these players even signed still makes my mind boggle - yet all you lot can do is moan on those we missed out on - when what are we really supposed to do when the likes of Arsenal, Dortmund and Athletico Madrid are for them? If we'd qualified for the CL we'd have more of a chance, but we'd still be offering less wages. People should wake up!

You're missing my point on Bale. I haven't said we should sell him so we can get some money(that was Mumorms dumb conclusion). I've said if we're not willing to put better players around him, we may as well sell him as the club risk losing out on tens of millions in the event of him suffering a bad injury or losing form. If we were willing to spend then I'd say we must keep him.

We ARE buying better players around him FFS!

We ARE buying better players around him FFS!

We've bought one and missed out on our top two attacking targets(players who would play alongside Bale) because we're too cheap. If we don't have the money, there's nothing we can do about it but that isn't Bale's problem, he'll just join a club who can afford to put those players around him. Bale leaving is an inevitability, if we're not going to go for it this season then we may as well cash him in for top whack rather than risk losing out on tens of millions.

Back