• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

No, I desperately want us to keep him, but if all we're going to do is shop around for bargains again and finish a point behind Arsenal, we may as well sell Bale while his price is at its peak.

Your point about Bale is a fair one but the part about no other team coming in for chadli, thus meaning he's not CL quality is quite bizarre.

Your point about Bale is a fair one but the part about no other team coming in for chadli, thus meaning he's not CL quality is quite bizarre.

I never said that, I merely questioned why a CL quality player who's available for £6m doesn't seem to have many other clubs interested. Maybe all the other clubs are idiots, or maybe he's just another decent, but not top level player like a few others we already have. I don't know, I just asked the question.

No, I desperately want us to keep him, but if all we're going to do is shop around for bargains again and finish a point behind Arsenal, we may as well sell Bale while his price is at its peak.

just because we didn't meet Villa's valuation for Benteke doesn't mean we're being cheap or bargain hunting, in fact that's an entirely ludicrous suggestion seeings as we've just broke our transfer recordalready this summer. we will spend big if we can make a deal happen where we think the valuation is correct - obviously we felt Villa's valuation of Benteke is too high - City and Chelsea aren't going to meet Napoli's asking price for Cavani - does that make them cheap?

lets keep him as long as is possible and fcuk the money for now......the finances are Levy's domain anyway.

I never said that, I merely questioned why a CL quality player who's available for £6m doesn't seem to have many other clubs interested. Maybe all the other clubs are idiots, or maybe he's just another decent, but not top level player like a few others we already have. I don't know, I just asked the question.

or maybe, and this is just a wild stab in the dark here, not every club better than us (of which there aren't many in the grand scheme of things 10-15?) are in to improve their team in the same positions we are and maybe even if they were there's more than one player in that position in world football who they may have scouted out as a potential target?

Well you implied it.

Occasionally you can find these obscure (well semi obscure in this case) players and sone turn into real gems. I've never seen this guy before but if a cheaper option on the wing/forward position is whats needed in order for us to splash the cash on a striker then it's worth the risk. Then again, what's to say we will splash the cash on a striker?

or maybe, and this is just a wild stab in the dark here, not every club better than us (of which there aren't many in the grand scheme of things 10-15?) are in to improve their team in the same positions we are and maybe even if they were there's more than one player in that position in world football who they may have scouted

Well lots of clubs better than us seem to be in for Bernard, who plays the same position. Why aren't they in for Chadli who'll cost 1/3 of the price? I think every team takes a supposed CL quality player(and best player in the Eredivisie) for £6m, even if they're covered in that area.

Well you implied it.

Occasionally you can find these obscure (well semi obscure in this case) players and sone turn into real gems. I've never seen this guy before but if a cheaper option on the wing/forward position is whats needed in order for us to splash the cash on a striker then it's worth the risk. Then again, what's to say we will splash the cash on a striker?

You are not really up to date with the ITKs are you?

We have been told by Lewis to splash the cash, there is a transfer kitty available ... problem is we have Levy trying to save some chips ... if you believe all the bollox posted on tinternet

Then again, what's to say we will splash the cash on a striker?

i would hazard a guess that if we were in for Benteke then we would have been prepared to have re break our transfer record, at the very least, as it was pretty obvious from the outset Villa would have been asking for BIG bucks.

Well lots of clubs better than us seem to be in for Bernard, who plays the same position. Why aren't they in for Chadli who'll cost 1/3 of the price? I think every team takes a supposed CL quality player(and best player in the Eredivisie) for £6m, even if they're covered in that area.

lets hope its a Vertonghen situation again....we got a quality player on the cheap from the Dutch league when the likes of Man Utd, Arse and Barca had a very good look but decided not to go for him

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with FC Twente for the transfer of Nacer Chadli. #THFC

Well you implied it.

Other than a couple of snippets of "ITK", there isn't any. If saving £15m by signing Chadli instead of Bernard means we can buy the best striker we can possibly get then I guess I'd take it, but my opinion is that this deal has no influence on who we sign or who we don't sign up front. Especially considering we've just rejected the chance to sign Benteke because he's too expensive.

Yes, he is a real man I like

BPsyBZxCEAALVe9.jpg

I just want to make this clear.

I've only seen a minimal amount of Chadli so I have no opinion on him. He may well turn out to be a beast and hopefully he will. If he does, then you don't need to quote me in six months time saying I was wrong, all I've said was that we more often than not go for cheaper versions of the players AVB wants.

Back