• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko would be wasted as DM. His main strength is his driving powerful run to the box. Those runs have troubled Spurs on 2 occasions in my memory.

He would also be a total liability.

He needs to play either on the flank or as an attack midfielder (centrally or free to roam).

He really didn't! But that's been done to death in the dembele thread! Just because he's a ten out ten now doesn't mean he was brick or average before.

Maybe, but the biggest complaint i ( and many others had) was he did not play to the best of his ability ( often), thankfully with help from Poch ( which probably included a few kicks up the arse) he is now a much better player. I reckon ( hope) he will do the same with Sissoko.

In signing Sissoko I'd thought we'd doubled up players, possibly too much, so its good that Sissoko is more of a AM than CM and he can cover/ compete with Dele and provide something different. He a less technical option than Alli, a battering ram to smash through when Lamela and Eriksen are having no joy? Or is the 'battering ram' idea a misnomer? Sissoko will really come into his own when he can power into space. On the break.

That said, hopefully Sissoko can provide cover for Dembele even if he's not playing at CM. If Dembele is out, Sissoko can hopefully suck in defenders, drag players out of position and open things up for Lamela, Eriksen and Kane to exploit. The question is, can he do that when things are tight as Dembele can?

There is plenty of bedding in for Poch and the team now. The high quality of these new cover/competition players means the best 11 is unsure again - back to where we were 12 months ago. For now, I think we are best reverting to last season's setup and easing the new signings in.

Last edited:
Maybe, but the biggest complaint i ( and many others had) was he did not play to the best of his ability ( often), thankfully with help from Poch ( which probably included a few kicks up the arse) he is now a much better player. I reckon ( hope) he will do the same with Sissoko.

One important advantage we have is that unlike at Saudi Sportswashing Machine where he played even when he was poor, I think the nature of our squad with the likes of Eriksen, Lamela, Wanyama, Dele, Dier, Son, Nkoudou and Dembele means that if he brings that poor form to Spurs he will not even be making the bench. That alone will be a great incentive and if not maybe he should speak to Chadli and find out what can happen to your international career when you have reduced minutes at club level. It is not like he is Son where he is the biggest star in his national team

To tell you the truth though I am not bothered because I really believe he will work out for us

Last edited:
One important advantage we have is that unlike at Saudi Sportswashing Machine where he played even when he was poor, I think the nature of our squad with the likes of Eriksen, Lamela, Wanyama, Dele, Dier, Son, Nkoudou and Dembele means that if brings that poor form to Spurs he will not even be making the bench. That alone will be a great incentive and if not maybe he should speak to Chadli and find out what can happen to your international career when you have reduced minutes at club level. It is not like he is Son where he is the biggest star in his national team

To tell you the truth though I am not bothered because I really believe he will work out for us

Very good points which i completely agree with.

Would suggest for the central midfield berths it will be a 2 of Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko, assuming we play 2 there and based on form, injuries and opposition. If he goes with 3 in the middle, arguably Alli comes into the mix as someone who could be the most forward of a 3 man midfield. As for the front 4 (assuming we play 4-2-3-1) and the "number 10" role, it looks like it will be 1 of Kane, Alli, Sissoko and Eriksen. On the flanks, he will go with Eriksen, Lamella, Nkoudou, Son, Onomah and Winks. I don't see Sissoko being used here, unless we have major injury or suspension woes. When you break down the options available to Poch like this, it is clear that we have an excellent squad with lots of options. Also, Sissoko, despite the price tag, won't necessarily be a shoe in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Would suggest for the central midfield berths it will be a 2 of Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko, assuming we play 2 there and based on form, injuries and opposition. If he goes with 3 in the middle, arguably Alli comes into the mix as someone who could be the most forward of a 3 man midfield. As for the front 4 (assuming we play 4-2-3-1) and the "number 10" role, it looks like it will be 1 of Kane, Alli, Sissoko and Eriksen. On the flanks, he will go with Eriksen, Lamella, Nkoudou, Son, Onomah and Winks. I don't see Sissoko being used here, unless we have major injury or suspension woes. When you break down the options available to Poch like this, it is clear that we have an excellent squad with lots of options. Also, Sissoko, despite the price tag, won't necessarily be a shoe in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I would have thought that he will get most of his chances at right inside forward and #10. I don't see him starting out as first choice in either of those positions.

What sort of hat do you have?
I'd like to think that I have a navy blue and white one with Spurs on it.but I have been so tinkled off since the end of last season with our club I am now a complete scenic.
You have Ali, Erikson, Kane,can't score a goal between em!
Oh, they need a rest...What! they earn more money in a week that I have earned all my life and I am now retired. What a complete joke they have been.
All that brick last season about having us turned a corner.
Oh yes, were the happiest fans in the League are we? after Transfer Window signings that we all know will bottle it again last like last Season.
Not blaming Danny Levy but something needs to change at this club!
because we are just nothing more than losers....

I'd like to think that I have a navy blue and white one with Spurs on it.but I have been so tinkleed off since the end of last season with our club I am now a complete scenic.
Oh, they need a rest...What! they earn more money in a week that I have earned all my life and I am now retired. What a complete joke they have been.
Oh yes, were the happiest fans in the League are we? after Transfer Window signings that we all know will bottle it again last like last Season.

You need to take more water with your evening tipple.

I'd like to think that I have a navy blue and white one with Spurs on it.but I have been so tinkleed off since the end of last season with our club I am now a complete scenic.

As you are retired I am going to presume that you have supported Spurs for many years. Out of curiosity in those many years that you have supported the team how many times have we actually finished in the top 3? I only ask because by finishing 3rd last season we achieved our highest finish in a quarter of a century and this season we have 5 out of a possible 9 points which is 3 points more than this time last season, yet all you can do is whinge?

So according to you we bottled it last season even though we finished third. Now if finishing third means we are bottlers, and we have only finished first on two occasions in 134 years.......well you do the math, suffice to say that is a lot of bottling

As you are retired I am going to presume that you have supported Spurs for many years. Out of curiosity in those many years that you have supported the team how many times have we actually finished in the top 3? I only ask because by finishing 3rd last season we achieved our highest finish in a quarter of a century and this season we have 5 out of a possible 9 points which is 3 points more than this time last season, yet all you can do is whinge?

So according to you we bottled it last season even though we finished third. Now if finishing third means we are bottlers, and we have only finished first on two occasions in 134 years.......well you do the math, suffice to say that is a lot of bottling

Yeah,I've seen a lot of Spurs teams.
In the sixties/We were bigger than arse. We had the best fan following in London by a mile. Not so many Season ticket holders then. You could just turn up and pay. We had some bad luck with John White being killed and 2 of our older players being more senior than most, had to retire. Blanchflower and Bobby Smith our second best scorer of all time and a dedicated player for the Club IMO. Billy Nick brought in some great replacements but we couldn't reach the heights of the early sixties.We could beat anyone at Home but played less determined away and weak IMO. I think us being southern softies, started to set in after the England World cup win. We had no representatives in the England win,but we all knew back then Greaves was by far Englands best player and Ramsey would not let him have a look in. He suffered depression because of that what with his drinking, so taking half the Spurs Team down the pub with him..LOL.
Football started to change radically in the seventies. Again we were always too soft and nowhere near as fit as the new power house in English football. The Liverpool Machine.
We did not have a strong Management as we have now, so yes recently we have been doing well despite some political decisions against rival top sides by refs that cost us dearly. When I say political I mean the cheating bastards. Who could ever forget the yard over the line at
Manchester!
We were one of the most popular football clubs. Not anymore. You don;t see kids in Spurs shirts these days. We probably are one of the richest clubs in Europe although some of the Oligarchs who have arrived on the scene have put paid to that.
We have underachieved badly, in some ways the decline in Tottenham Town as a Spurs loving place has completely disappeared! and that has not helped.
So here we are, still not making it and breaking into the top flight having not won anything at all really in many years and not winning the League since 1961.
Now that matters as a passionate Spurs fan that I am.
Not to worry though good times are just around the corner,
as always, aren't they?

Yeah,I've seen a lot of Spurs teams.
In the sixties/We were bigger than arse. We had the best fan following in London by a mile. Not so many Season ticket holders then. You could just turn up and pay. We had some bad luck with John White being killed and 2 of our older players being more senior than most, had to retire. Blanchflower and Bobby Smith our second best scorer of all time and a dedicated player for the Club IMO. Billy Nick brought in some great replacements but we couldn't reach the heights of the early sixties.We could beat anyone at Home but played less determined away and weak IMO. I think us being southern softies, started to set in after the England World cup win. We had no representatives in the England win,but we all knew back then Greaves was by far Englands best player and Ramsey would not let him have a look in. He suffered depression because of that what with his drinking, so taking half the Spurs Team down the pub with him..LOL.
Football started to change radically in the seventies. Again we were always too soft and nowhere near as fit as the new power house in English football. The Liverpool Machine.
We did not have a strong Management as we have now, so yes recently we have been doing well despite some political decisions against rival top sides by refs that cost us dearly. When I say political I mean the cheating bastards. Who could ever forget the yard over the line at
Manchester!
We were one of the most popular football clubs. Not anymore. You don;t see kids in Spurs shirts these days. We probably are one of the richest clubs in Europe although some of the Oligarchs who have arrived on the scene have put paid to that.
We have underachieved badly, in some ways the decline in Tottenham Town as a Spurs loving place has completely disappeared! and that has not helped.
So here we are, still not making it and breaking into the top flight having not won anything at all really in many years and not winning the League since 1961.
Now that matters as a passionate Spurs fan that I am.
Not to worry though good times are just around the corner,
as always, aren't they?
Chin up mate. I haven't supported for as long as you but since Levy has arrived we have been on a gradual if somewhat bumpy climb back to the summit. The club is in the best shape it has been for a long long while on and off the pitch, and it's getting better all the time. The end to last season was a bitter pill to swallow for sure, but we are challenging again and how long has it been since that happened?
It can always be worse. A lot worse. You could be an Arsenal clam.

Last edited:
I had to give likes to the above two posts. I fully share the frustrations of We are Tottenham. I came in around 1970 and well remember that Liverpool era, and for a while Leeds. But Rorschach is right. The last ten years has been very enjoyable, still frustrating, but we're up there again. We were nearly gone forever as challengers for anything for about 15 years from '91 to 2005 or so. I have no doubt that Levy will be mentioned along side all of our greats in years to come. And he didn't pay me to say that, with him being tight and all that! :)

I had to give likes to the above two posts. I fully share the frustrations of We are Tottenham. I came in around 1970 and well remember that Liverpool era, and for a while Leeds. But Rorschach is right. The last ten years has been very enjoyable, still frustrating, but we're up there again. We were nearly gone forever as challengers for anything for about 15 years from '91 to 2005 or so. I have no doubt that Levy will be mentioned along side all of our greats in years to come. And he didn't pay me to say that, with him being tight and all that! :)

reads like too much information there ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eague-everton-and-Saudi Sportswashing Machine

"Moussa Sissoko has no regrets as he eyes the big time at Tottenham

....The 27-year-old also has some explaining to do to Everton’s fans, after the dramatic U-turn that he performed on transfer deadline day. He was set to move to Goodison Park after the club eventually met Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s asking price of £30m and they had chartered a private jet to take him to Merseyside. But Sissoko did not board. Instead, he went to Tottenham, who had matched Everton’s offer at the last moment and, after the formalities of the deal had been completed, they could announce him as their joint-record signing.

Sissoko has his explanation and it may make uncomfortable reading for the Everton support. And, that of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, too. “I said in the past that I wanted to move to join a big team,” he said. “I had the chance to come here [to Tottenham]. I am very happy and very proud to be here.”

Sissoko is not a guy who pulls his punches and he tells his side of the story regarding Everton with candour. According to him, they had wanted him for some time but they failed to move decisively until the last moment. And, when it came down to a straight choice between them and Tottenham, there was only one to make.

“It’s simple,” Sissoko said. “I spoke with Everton in the past, but they didn’t make an offer to Saudi Sportswashing Machine when I wanted. And then Tottenham came. And so when they came, I wanted to join this club, directly. Because, like I said, it’s a big club. So, in my head, everything was clear. I wanted to sign here.”

The Champions League played a major part in the decision and Sissoko, who is short of peak fitness, got his first taste of the competition when he came on as an 81st-minute substitute in Tottenham’s 2-1 defeat by Monaco at Wembley. “I played a lot of games – Europa League, World Cup, Euro 2016 – but I wanted to play Champions League,” he said. “So, when Tottenham came, I said: ‘Yes.’ Now, I need to work hard and be at 100% as soon as possible.”​

Thought sissoko looked good against Monaco. Plenty of energy strength and good vision. I think he we will be a very useful signing.

@We are Tottenham I understand your frustration. I think Roy Keane called it correctly the other night. We have talented players but still lack the steel that makes teams consistent winners. This is particularly the case when Dembele is not playing. So you could say that we still have a soft underbelly unfortunately.

What has changed is the management of the club. I cannot recall a Spurs manager who is so single minded. I have never seen a manager who fits so well with Levy's philosophy. I cannot recall a time when there was so little tolerance of mediocrity or indiscipline. These are good signs. We are moving in the right direction, a direction that is the most logical way to achieve success without a sugar daddy. However, I accept that it does not guarantee success. I am willing to be patient because imo this manager has the potential to be the best we have had since I started supporting spurs in 1980.

Back