• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Thought sissoko looked good against Monaco. Plenty of energy strength and good vision. I think he we will be a very useful signing.

@We are Tottenham I understand your frustration. I think Roy Keane called it correctly the other night. We have talented players but still lack the steel that makes teams consistent winners. This is particularly the case when Dembele is not playing. So you could say that we still have a soft underbelly unfortunately.

What has changed is the management of the club. I cannot recall a Spurs manager who is so single minded. I have never seen a manager who fits so well with Levy's philosophy. I cannot recall a time when there was so little tolerance of mediocrity or indiscipline. These are good signs. We are moving in the right direction, a direction that is the most logical way to achieve success without a sugar daddy. However, I accept that it does not guarantee success. I am willing to be patient because imo this manager has the potential to be the best we have had since I started supporting spurs in 1980.

Roy Keane is talking cobblers ... we were killing teams last year and came short at the very end. So easy to look at one game and judge.

Roy Keane is talking cobblers ... we were killing teams last year and came short at the very end. So easy to look at one game and judge.
Disagree I think he is spot on. We failed to kill off many games last season especially the big ones. That's what he means by our lack of steel. We need to improve on this if we are to win trophies.

Disagree I think he is spot on. We failed to kill off many games last season especially the big ones. That's what he means by our lack of steel. We need to improve on this if we are to win trophies.

Many games really? We are not the finished article but a little perspective is required.

Could not agree more we fail to finish off teams far too often and, i am hoping that as the players mature we find the steel we do lack. We create so many chances but so often we lack the finish.

Thought sissoko looked good against Monaco. Plenty of energy strength and good vision. I think he we will be a very useful signing.

@We are Tottenham I understand your frustration. I think Roy Keane called it correctly the other night. We have talented players but still lack the steel that makes teams consistent winners. This is particularly the case when Dembele is not playing. So you could say that we still have a soft underbelly unfortunately.

What has changed is the management of the club. I cannot recall a Spurs manager who is so single minded. I have never seen a manager who fits so well with Levy's philosophy. I cannot recall a time when there was so little tolerance of mediocrity or indiscipline. These are good signs. We are moving in the right direction, a direction that is the most logical way to achieve success without a sugar daddy. However, I accept that it does not guarantee success. I am willing to be patient because imo this manager has the potential to be the best we have had since I started supporting spurs in 1980.

I agree about Sissoko he did look good. I think he should have come on earlier for Ali who was tiring badly.

There was a moment where Sissoko was rolling around on the floor and Kane went over ans basically hauled him to his feet..I wonder if that was genuine help from Kane or whether it was a 'cut that brick out, we don't do that here' sort of thing. Wonder how Sissoko is fitting in culturally with the squad. He's going to have Lloris looking out for him but will he fit in with the rest?

There was a moment where Sissoko was rolling around on the floor and Kane went over ans basically hauled him to his feet..I wonder if that was genuine help from Kane or whether it was a 'cut that brick out, we don't do that here' sort of thing. Wonder how Sissoko is fitting in culturally with the squad. He's going to have Lloris looking out for him but will he fit in with the rest?
From what I saw on the pitch yesterday he is fitting in well.

Jesus, I think you're looking into things way too much....

I took it as "We're on top, let's not give them a break" lift.

Many games really? We are not the finished article but a little perspective is required.

True perspective is required more sometimes although Chelsea, WBA and Southampton in the last five games or so do spring to mind. The players will learn as will Poch which is why I'm really excited for this season.

A midfielder or forward who runs games would help. A Payet, Modric, Carrick. Maybe a Sissoko. If Poch gives him the mantel to run the game, ensure we win, he may rise to the challenge. There are some leaders in the team - Alderweireld the stand out man. Dembele has the experience and calm, but he's not really a leader, too happy to be in the background, but he does keep our attacks calm and focused. He's can orchestrate in his own slightly reserved way.

Sissoko has something. A bit more maturity and for want of a better word gamesmanship to him, and maybe he can add to Toby and Dembele as more experienced players in the team who can give steel and make us ruthless.

Last edited:
Leaders!

Toby I agree, but not sure who else. Hugo is too nice and goalkeeper, mind Buffon is captain so? .......But is also man GHod!
Wanyama could?
Dembele nah not for me.
Kane looking like a contender.
Alli in a few years time nailed on!

Leaders!

Toby I agree, but not sure who else. Hugo is too nice and goalkeeper, mind Buffon is captain so? .......But is also man GHod!
Wanyama could?
Dembele nah not for me.

Dier. Rose

@StephenH agree Toby, Kane, Alli the standout leaders in the team. Dembele and Hugo more reserved but their calm experience is vital with Kane and Alli very young men. I think Sissoko could grow into such a role. You want Poch to give him that responsibility as a more senior player.

Edit: yes @milo Rose can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it in our favor. We do have a number of 'leaders' when you break it down.

Leaders!

Wanyama could?
Dembele nah not for me.

Dier should be Spurs and England captain for the majority of the next decade (though I wouldn't take it off Lloris until he departs for whatever reason, he's still a man to the others' boys)

@StephenH agree Toby, Kane, Alli the standout leaders in the team. Dembele and Hugo more reserved but their calm experience is vital with Kane and Alli very young men. I think Sissoko could grow into such a role. You want Poch to give him that responsibility as a more senior player.

I'm going to take the fifth on Sissoko

Edit: yes @milo Rose can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it in our favor. We do have a number of 'leaders' when you break it down.

Rose will grab everything be the scruff of the neck, opposition players, our players and the ref..........I love Danny' spirit great lad.

I'm going to take the fifth on Sissoko

Rose will grab everything be the scruff of the neck, opposition players, our players and the ref..........I love Danny' spirit great lad.

Haha yes quite literally given the chance! He is a Terrier! Great to see him mature over the past seasons. I'm still a little self-congratulatory having backed him (in his thread) when almost all else wanted him gone :)

Sissoko I am not bowled over by either. Technically I didn't think he was that good. With low expectations I've been pleasantly surprised. He's the right age and level of experience, and what I was trying to get at is that, he may not have Toby's ability, but he has a bit of gamesmanship and ruthlessness like Toby that we could do with in attack.

Haha yes quite literally given the chance! He is a Terrier! Great to see him mature over the past seasons. I'm still a little self-congratulatory having backed him (in his thread) when almost all else wanted him gone :)

Sissoko I am not bowled over by either. Technically I didn't think he was that good. With low expectations I've been pleasantly surprised. He's the right age and level of experience, and what I was trying to get at is that, he may not have Toby's ability, but he has a bit of gamesmanship and ruthlessness like Toby that we could do with in attack.

Sissoko is Sissoko

Back