• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Do you? Something to take up with Levy then. Not entirely sure why Pochettino would be involved in that aspect of the finances but then not in any other part of the financial discussion. The committee discuss the targets and the order of preference to purchase, they have nothing to do with the wages, fee or any other area. That is how Levy works.
Of course Poch would be involved in finances to some level. He would be aware of budgets he has to spend, which means he would have to give some indication of how much to spend.....

Personally I don't think a professional footballer should be lauded for having a high work rate, however you cant even aim that at him.

I don't think he would have stood out in the Championship if he stayed at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

get rid

Do you? Something to take up with Levy then. Not entirely sure why Pochettino would be involved in that aspect of the finances but then not in any other part of the financial discussion. The committee discuss the targets and the order of preference to purchase, they have nothing to do with the wages, fee or any other area. That is how Levy works.

How do you know that?

Why wouldn't a transfer committee also include what they think a player is worth in the market as well as a recommendation to sign that player? That's very much a footballing/sporting decision where their knowledge should be appreciated.

That is quite different to them actually handling the negotiations or playing an active role there. Though we know that Pochettino does involve himself in talking to players about coming to convince them to sign - something that might impact wages etc.

Dier and Alli were seemingly long-term Pleat-led projects.

Yeah, I'd like you to back that one up.
Not about Pleat's involvement - we know he's done freelance stuff and had a hand here - but that these two were Pleat-led for the long term and therefore credit should not be given to the group you are wanting to criticise.

Yeah, I'd like you to back that one up.
Not about Pleat's involvement - we know he's done freelance stuff and had a hand here - but that these two were Pleat-led for the long term and therefore credit should not be given to the group you are wanting to criticise.

Dier signed 3 months (Aug 14) before any of them were recruited (Nov 14), and Alli only a couple of weeks after (Jan 15)

So all we need to do is work out how to exploit that strength and pace without him ever having to control a moving football?

I've said before the only positive thing he can bring to the party is if we are really struggling to break a brick side down. Then what we do is bring him on and play him centrally and give him the ball from fairly deep and let him charge at the opposition back line, which will most likely be camped on the edge of their box.

Then when he gets to the edge of the box he should do a little dink so the ball goes into the box beyond the opposition defenders for someone to run onto.

This guy offers absolutely nothing else. He's 27 and has played in the prem for ages, so I will make no excuses for him whatsoever.

I actually applaud him for making an amazing living with such limited ability. Fair play sissoko.

Are you serious? He looked like a non league player after he came on on Saturday. Zero positional sense, composure or creativity. I know its not easy coming on a getting up to speed in a game but he's an experienced international in his late twenties, not a 19 year academy player.

Yes i am being serious; and i'm talking about the PREVIOUS games vs Burnley and Southampton around christmas time. In both games he got assists and contributed well

So all we need to do is work out how to exploit that strength and pace without him ever having to control a moving football?

Not a bad plan:)

But seriously, he can give us very explosive pace on the break and his running from deep in midfield have shown to be very effective in the pass. Hopefully the magic Poch has worked on the likes of Dembele and Walker can also be done with him

But seriously, he can give us very explosive pace on the break and his running from deep in midfield have shown to be very effective in the pass. Hopefully the magic Poch has worked on the likes of Dembele and Walker can also be done with him
Dembele and Walker always had skill, they just had to learn the game in their heads.

Can Poch teach basic ball skills to a 27 year old?

Your dreaming mate.

He will be sold in the summer guaranteed.

Again, let's see if we cannot imagine some productivity from him in the run-in. And I still back him to have a positive, decisive contribution to our season at a moment where we really need it...

Again, let's see if we cannot imagine some productivity from him in the run-in. And I still back him to have a positive, decisive contribution to our season at a moment where we really need it...

You would hope so being a French international player that he may just contribute at the very minimum.

I don't know but he doesn't fit in this team and it's glaringly obvious.

Will never boo a player but I hope that he performs as a premier league footballer and then we can seriously see the best options from there.

You would hope so being a French international player that he may just contribute at the very minimum.

I don't know but he doesn't fit in this team and it's glaringly obvious.

Will never boo a player but I hope that he performs as a premier league footballer and then we can seriously see the best options from there.
He needs to be given a chance to perform via a run of games or regular minutes as a substitute with time to get into the flow of the game; otherwise nothing will change.

He needs to be given a chance to perform via a run of games or regular minutes as a substitute with time to get into the flow of the game; otherwise nothing will change.

He played 118 EPL games for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and never particularly performed.

I don't think anyone here is talking about getting used to the tactics, who makes a run when, which foot each player likes the ball to, etc.

Most complaints are about his technical ability - you don't need game time to learn to control a football.

He should have enough opportunity during training to get at the very least his first touch sorted and basic passing in line with the other midfield players.

Even compared to players that have played relatively equal minutes to sissoko do not split opinion as much and it's no coincidence that people like myself simply have not seen what you or others may. I do however respect others views, but no one can come out and say that he has done even the basics right.

I agree to your point of view to a degree hence i currently defend Janssen. Although his goals have been a little thin along with his playing time, he has shown me that he has the potential to make it happen for him. He strikes the ball clean, takes up decent positions, and more importantly tries his bloody socks off.

Sissoko however looks tired coming off the bench. He is actually paying like a player currently going through the motions on his way out in the summer.

Last edited:
He should have enough opportunity during training to get at the very least his first touch sorted and basic passing in line with the other midfield players.

Even compared to players that have played relatively equal minutes to sissoko do not split opinion as much and it's no coincidence that people like myself simply have not seen what you or others may. I do however respect others views, but no one can come out and say that he has done even the basics right.

I agree to your point of view to a degree hence i currently defend Janssen. Although his goals have been a little thin along with his playing time, he has shown me that he has the potential to make it happen for him. He strikes the ball clean, takes up decent positions, and more importantly tries his bloody socks off.

Sissoko however looks tired coming off the bench. He is actually paying like a player currently going through the motions on his way out in the summer.

Most if not all think Sissoko has been at best average, and pretty useless apart from maybe two games. Some will still give him the benefit of support, and realise that players like Lamela or Rose also looked pretty bad but came good.

Back