• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He was okay, nothing more, just as he was in the previous match. Encouraging, but nothing more.
He was still one of our better players in both games, you can argue what that says for our other attacking players but when I see other players' threads being bumped his definitely should.
If players like Alli actually started performing as they can he would probably look even better. The thing I like is that since Poch mentioned in the media about not being good enough, he hasn't sulked and instead worked hard and is beginning to show what he can offer. That to me suggests his attitude isn't as bad as some make out....

He was still one of our better players in both games, you can argue what that says for our other attacking players but when I see other players' threads being bumped his definitely should.
If players like Alli actually started performing as they can he would probably look even better. The thing I like is that since Poch mentioned in the media about not being good enough, he hasn't sulked and instead worked hard and is beginning to show what he can offer. That to me suggests his attitude isn't as bad as some make out....

Indeed. He has played well in the last two games when he has been given his chance

He's made 2 tackles in the league for us this season.

The last one was back in October against Emirates Marketing Project.

I thought he looked good yesterday. Fit, leaner, and able to drive at them - which in the absence of Dembele is useful.

But, and there is a but, he needs a psychologist for dealing with the final shot or pass. In fact much of the team do. Sissoko especially loses his shi1 when he's clean through. He needs to work on his shooting technique while running, but it is more than that. He needs to develop a cold precision to shooting or passing in or around the box. The goal is just a x meter by x meter net. He has to coldly pass the ball into one of the corners.

While his turn of pace, running through their defense was a joy to watch, and he brings a bit more maturity to the attack, his shooting is Sunday league. Abysmal. No doubt Poch is working on that, and if he could put his ability on the ball together with shooting, he would be a poor mans Bale. Whisper it, as sorting his terrible shooting is a fair ask, but if Poch and he does, he would be interesting...

Last edited:
He had a good game last night, however i have a feeling that even if/when he does play well there are going to be a number of fans who will not praise him because they had already made up their minds that he is a complets waste of money.

Fans :rolleyes:

Thought he was much improved and had a good game (although he faded a little in the second half). Still a bit puzzled as to how he's supposed to fit in the team - doesn't look like the type of player best suited to our system. But maybe that's the point; he offers something different.

Anyway, happy to see him play better, and I hope he keeps on proving me wrong.

He had a good game last night, however i have a feeling that even if/when he does play well there are going to be a number of fans who will not praise him because they had already made up their minds that he is a complets waste of money.

Fans :rolleyes:

I will never get that attitude. Surely we all win if a player improves? I see a lot of bitter geordies trolling the Spurs/Sissoko twitter account. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than for him to prove them wrong. I don't understand Spurs fans weighing along with them.

Sisoko if we know wait is going to be fundamental in the team, it is powerful fast and we just have to give it time

Thought he was much improved and had a good game (although he faded a little in the second half). Still a bit puzzled as to how he's supposed to fit in the team - doesn't look like the type of player best suited to our system. But maybe that's the point; he offers something different.

Anyway, happy to see him play better, and I hope he keeps on proving me wrong.

I thought that's why we brought him.... kinda like a blunt weapon and a complete contrast to the players we had. Same with nkodu too

He should play like Antonio for me as he has the physique and power

He's improving for us, hopefully he can continue to improve his performance level and be a very useful player.

Back