• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I really do appreciate how much better he is playing and am happy about it. But.......

The pass was intercepted by a foul because it was a shocking pass. Kandi's "tiny bit off perfect" comment is brilliant, he/she/it must have loved Steven Pienaar during his time here if that is what comes as near to perfection.

Begovic had to make a desperate attempt to keep them in the game. As I said, imagine if this happened at 0 - 0. Noting this moment is hardly finding faults, it's realistically evaluating key instances in the performance.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Try focusing on the build up, the way Sissoko carried the ball a number of times down the right wing yesterday. If the keeper didn't make the foul - which should have been a red - then it was a perfect pass. Seriously wtf. We know Sissoko is not technically amazing. He never will be. He's so big, he's the opposite of the cliche 'great touch for a big man' but he played well.

Last edited:
Try focusing on the build up, the way Sissoko carried the ball a number of times down the right wing yesterday. If the keeper didn't make the foul - which should have been a red - then it was a perfect pass. Seriously wtf. We know Sissoko is not technically amazing. He never will be. He's so big, he's the opposite of the cliche 'great touch for a big man' but he played well.

I acknowledged quite clearly that I thought he played well in general but the pass was poor. I repeat, to go from a four on one situation to a hospital ball isn't a good part of his performance.

"If the keeper isn't there" - Well he was there, doing his job being a keeper so I don't understand the relevance, from an attacking perspective, things certainly become easier if we start Tippex-ing out defenders retrospectively for sure...

Added to this apparently the pass was harder because N'koudou is fast. At this point I should give up because that idea is so very dumb it hurts.

"If the keeper isn't there" - Well he was there, doing his job being a keeper so I don't understand the relevance, from an attacking perspective, things certainly become easier if we start Tippex-ing out defenders retrospectively for sure...

It was a foul! A red card offence. The keeper couldn't legally challenge for the ball. If you used that logic any HK goal where a defender could have pulled him over, and we should take the credit away from Kane? Bizarre.

It was a foul! A red card offence. The keeper couldn't legally challenge for the ball. If you used that logic any HK goal where a defender could have pulled him over, and we should take the credit away from Kane? Bizarre.

The keeper could have, but was rash and I haven't said it wasn't a foul at any point. Genuinely do not understand your example with Kane.

The keeper could have, but was rash and I haven't said it wasn't a foul at any point. Genuinely do not understand your example with Kane.

If the keeper could have made a legal challenge, why didn't he? We've all seen worse balls played, by better players than Sissoko, seems a bit of a witch hunt when only a foul intercepted our move. I need to see it again though. Any giffs?

Reactions: DTA
What I'm liking about Sissoko is that he looks much more motivated and involved this season. Last year, there were spell were he looked a bit sulky at being parked out on right wing.

Now, we're seeing much more of his capabilities. As I've said before, he's a big, battling, abrasive presence that wears down rivals in a league where games have become battles of attrition. Goals are just a bonus.

If the keeper could have made a legal challenge, why didn't he?
Because he's a bit brick?

Bad footballers do things they don't intend to all the time - we're in a 100 page thread dedicated to that fact.

We've all seen worse balls played, by better players than Sissoko, seems a bit of a witch hunt when only a foul intercepted our move. I need to see it again though. Any giffs?
A ball played right into the middle of two players is the very definition of a hospital pass.

If the ball needed to be played in front of GKN, play it harder and nearer him so that it meets him in an area where the opponent isn't able to go for it.

Last edited:
it's a matter of centimeters separating that pass from being perfect. It had to be played with some pace, to not slow down the break. Begovic was very quick off the line too. It wasn't a bad pass, just a tiny bit off perfect.

As @Kandi1977 said, it was a matter of centimeters from being a perfect pass and Begovic came out very quickly. In a previous attack he made a perfect cross for Alli with his weaker foot, so let's cut the guy some slack. It's not like everything the rest of our players do comes off perfectly.

Hold on, the pass was only intercepted by a foul. A sending off offence at that.

Sissoko is looking better and better. Never going to be a super star but he's showing some ability. Few player have perfect matches, if people want to find fault with one pass or something else they will.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

People saying that was an easy pass are being naive. Remember when Kane had the ball and Sissoko broke past him down the wing and Kane played the ball to his feet which meant it ended up being behind Sissoko? Broke all the momentum down. Sissoko should have done the same thing, simply passing to his feet but that would have slowed the break down massively. He did the right thing and tried to play it enough in front of GkN that he didn't have to break stride. Yes it wasn't quite executed to perfection in the end, but at least he didn't play it safe and tried the right thing. Any other player and there wouldn't be such a debate, it's ridiculous. Imagine if Winks had played that exact same pass (yes I'm well aware he's a better passer of the ball) and Sissoko had missed the chance after GKN was fouled. Would we be discussing the pass or the missed shot? Would be the fact Sissoko missed of course. He had a great impact, let's just focus on that....

Agree with all those above, as i have said before they are some who are begining to look foolish about some of the slagging they gave Sissoko when he first came and are looking for ANYTHING to suggest that they were right.

Either that or they have never played the game and see ANY pass as a easy one to make.

we’re a better team with him in it at the moment imo

his directness stretches defences
I disagree - when a team is losing and needs to come at us and commit men forwards, he has a role to play charging up and down and into space. But we are certainly not a better team with him in it.

Reminds me of Fellani at Man U, not an attractive style of play but offers something which if used properly can help a team win matches and put the wind up the oppositions back.

Fellani is a very good example. You do need difficult types of players, if you get a team of number 10's then you end up like the scum.

The issue with having a team of really good technical players can be seen down the road. Won't rehash my previous arguments but if you cant see what he did in the last 20 minutes v bournemouth then you have an agenda that is starting you to look a bit silly.

Soldado's pass v Fiorentina was dreadful, Sissoko's was very marginally overhit whilst travelling at pace.

He could very well be the X factor against Real. He has shown he is a big game player and if we see the Sissoko of the Euro 2016 final we can do a lot of damage in the counter. I think the stage is set for him to shine tonight in a game that plays to his strengths.

Back