• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

it's a matter of centimeters separating that pass from being perfect. It had to be played with some pace, to not slow down the break. Begovic was very quick off the line too. It wasn't a bad pass, just a tiny bit off perfect.

A reasoned view. If anyone else had played it, this would've been the response and quite rightly so.

I appreciate how he has improved and have only once (reflexively) slagged him off. Today his energy and pace made a solid inpact. But we can all talk about being 'close' to a perfect pass. Which is not a perfect pass. And I think it's fair to point out that he can improve more.
Agreed mate, but with Sissoko it serves us well to see the glass as half-full and getting fuller!

Did well when he came on - fair play to him - I thought he would be sulking this year.

The only thing that annoyed me yesterday (not just him) was that cross to Alli - take it to the corner flag man!

Did well yesterday. Again in game conditions that suited him. Very happy that he didn't start as I think a packed Bournemouth team would have been the opposite of what he needs.

That pass was terrible though. It's not all difficult pass.

A reasoned view. If anyone else had played it, this would've been the response and quite rightly so.
Perhaps someone else would have gotten less criticism. Mainly because if someone else made that error it would have been seen as a one in a hundred error whereas for Sissoko it's symptomatic of a bigger and frustrating issue.

Perhaps for Sissoko it is a difficult pass...

I have watched the YouTube (yeah, I know) vids of Sissoko at Toulouse and he sure can do all the things we think he cant (even finishing).

That was a few seasons back, but technically he looks more than capable, even using little tricks to get past people and deft touch passes. Having seen it, it could well just boil down to a confidence thing and a price tag weighing down on him. He does appear to be climbing the ladder out of that hole.

it's a matter of centimeters separating that pass from being perfect. It had to be played with some pace, to not slow down the break. Begovic was very quick off the line too. It wasn't a bad pass, just a tiny bit off perfect.

Pretty much! I thought he did very well last night. Gave us some much needed pace, and looked urgent and fired up. Didn't put a foot wrong, and was unlucky with that pass.

Can't agree with this at all. GK is one of the fastest around and we were 4 on 1, it was a hospital pass and i'd be raging at anyone who'd have played it.

Apart from that he did well for sure, great to see but a shame that he blemishes the performance, if we were at 0 - 0 and that happened the reaction would be a different story.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It was a horrific pass, you were 4 on 1, a simple pass should have taken the 'keeper out of the game without him even having a chance of getting to the ball or bringing down your player.

Hold on, the pass was only intercepted by a foul. A sending off offence at that.

Sissoko is looking better and better. Never going to be a super star but he's showing some ability. Few player have perfect matches, if people want to find fault with one pass or something else they will.

I really do appreciate how much better he is playing and am happy about it. But.......

The pass was intercepted by a foul because it was a shocking pass. Kandi's "tiny bit off perfect" comment is brilliant, he/she/it must have loved Steven Pienaar during his time here if that is what comes as near to perfection.

Begovic had to make a desperate attempt to keep them in the game. As I said, imagine if this happened at 0 - 0. Noting this moment is hardly finding faults, it's realistically evaluating key instances in the performance.

Seems he is untouchable in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk
Hmm, perhaps if the reaction to him not been so extreme and at times almost irrational other posters wouldn't have felt the need to defend him so vehemently. Action/reaction and all that... I thought he was very good yesterday. I think he will be an asset this season and so does Poch otherwise he would have gone in the last window.

Winks really should've scored after GKN was tackled as well. Looking at Sissoko's cameo again now, he did something a lot of our players didn't do yesterday - passed the ball, and quickly moved into space. Helped us create space we sorely needed. It's really what all of our attacking players should be doing a whole lot more of in matches like yesterday. Pass the ball and attack a space, just get your opponents moving around, give your team mates options.

Not sure if it's a Wembley psychological thing or what. We were so good at this at The Lane last season, and so very poor at it at Wembley this year.

Agreed. You can be annoyed that we missed out on a good opportunity but that doesn't make it an easy pass. Someone claimed it was easy because NKD is Fast. That's the reason for me it wasn't easy, as it has to be timed correctly so he doesn't have to check his run so playing it slightly ahead is a better option. But Begovic cleans GKD out otherwise he scores. Definate red card for me but I have the benefit of hindsight, had the referee been given the benefit of video technology I am sure begovic would have been off.

People saying that was an easy pass are being naive. Remember when Kane had the ball and Sissoko broke past him down the wing and Kane played the ball to his feet which meant it ended up being behind Sissoko? Broke all the momentum down. Sissoko should have done the same thing, simply passing to his feet but that would have slowed the break down massively. He did the right thing and tried to play it enough in front of GkN that he didn't have to break stride. Yes it wasn't quite executed to perfection in the end, but at least he didn't play it safe and tried the right thing. Any other player and there wouldn't be such a debate, it's ridiculous. Imagine if Winks had played that exact same pass (yes I'm well aware he's a better passer of the ball) and Sissoko had missed the chance after GKN was fouled. Would we be discussing the pass or the missed shot? Would be the fact Sissoko missed of course. He had a great impact, let's just focus on that....

Agreed. You can be annoyed that we missed out on a good opportunity but that doesn't make it an easy pass. Someone claimed it was easy because NKD is Fast. That's the reason for me it wasn't easy, as it has to be timed correctly so he doesn't have to check his run so playing it slightly ahead is a better option. But Begovic cleans GKD out otherwise he scores. Definate red card for me but I have the benefit of hindsight, had the referee been given the benefit of video technology I am sure begovic would have been off.

Well the ref knew where the foul was as he correctly gave it in the right spot... but it was clear as day red not because of the last man but because he took him out ankle high

The pass was over hit but he isn’t the first player to do that and he he won’t be the last.

One thing about Wembley which makes a massive difference is the poor teams have more space defensively to pack their lines. They can park 5 players in defence and at WHL they had less space to do that without being on top of each other. Away from home teams are more comfortable and as such take marginally more risks which we can capitalise on.

Back