• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Re: Official - Mousa Dembele

I thought he looked good in periods in the more advanced role last night. I remember away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season in that 4-0 he looked good in the wide right position, maybe there is something in playing him further forward....

He can definitely beat a man, although beating a man inside our half and then not knowing what to do next seems to be a regular issue. Maybe you're right, if he can beat a man in the final third then he's much more likely to do damage. He would also have less options and time to think about things because he could either take a shot or get the ball in the box. I wonder if he'd want to be playing further forward again like he has at previous clubs?

That's a strange comment I think. Jenas was very good at applying his technique to a useful purpose. I think people have too easily forgotten how good our Carrick, Jenas central midfield partnership was under Jol and it wasn't all about Carrick.

Was just about to say this for all the stick Jenas gets he contributed more to our club than 90% of the players that have come through here the last decade. I think the expectations to be our (Fat Frank or Gerrard) really hurt his overall standing. He certainly has done a hell of a lot more than Dembele has

What is this new thing he does where he can easily pass the ball on or dribble to space but instead waits for a player's challenge to try and shrug them off. He got dispossessed like 4 times doing that yesterday

Everton blew all their money on Lukaku. I cant see them spending that type of money on anyone for a while....

I can see any one from Coleman, Barkley and Mirallas moving for a reasonably large sum soon.

I believe he would score goals if he were played more forward than he does, He has a terrific shot on him.

I believe he would score goals if he were played more forward than he does, He has a terrific shot on him.

The problem with having a good shot is you have to know where/when to take the shot, and Dembele has no on field intelligence, so highly unlikely to execute.

Dembele is one of two players in our squad that in my opinion will never improve, great athlete, shields the ball greatly, can run, can dribble, can pass, can shoot, just too ****ing stupid to know when to do which.

this is like the old Huddlestone debate, if he has such a great shot why does he never score? I think his shot is terrible 9 times out of 10 he screws it into the ground and well wide

What is this new thing he does where he can easily pass the ball on or dribble to space but instead waits for a player's challenge to try and shrug them off. He got dispossessed like 4 times doing that yesterday

I read an interview with him a while ago where he talked about how he learned football in the playground and it was all about beating a man and showing skill. Pretty sad he hasn't left that kind of mentality behind.

The problem with having a good shot is you have to know where/when to take the shot, and Dembele has no on field intelligence, so highly unlikely to execute.

Dembele is one of two players in our squad that in my opinion will never improve, great athlete, shields the ball greatly, can run, can dribble, can pass, can shoot, just too ****ing stupid to know when to do which.

Completely agree he should be the next player joining Real Madrid, but his decision making FOR ME is worse than Lamela's. At least Lamela has youth on his side and hes still learning the game. Dembele is the next Jenas for me he wont become that player we all wanted him to be. He's a one great game in ten sort of player.

He seems a nice guy he comes out with the right quotes but if we have the chance to sell him I would.

Stoke City are reportedly interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele in the January transfer window.

The Belgian international joined Spurs from Fulham in 2012 and initially impressed at White Hart Lane.

However, the midfielder has struggled to hold down a regular spot this season, with Spurs believed to be open to selling the 27-year-old.

According to The Mirror, Stoke boss Mark Hughes is a big fan of Dembele and will launch a move when the transfer window opens.

Dembele has 59 international caps to his name.

Stoke aren't shy of spending money, as we already know from previous dealings with them

From what I read elsewhere Stoke can't afford to buy him and will only take him on loan.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Made us very solid in the middle.
Really hope he stays and we can get the best out of him. He has so much talent.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Made us very solid in the middle.
Really hope he stays and we can get the best out of him. He has so much talent.

ran into a few dead ends but thats got to do with players not able to read his intention. but he was a real bully on the pitch. tough role to play especially against chelsea but he did that commendably.

Official - Mousa Dembele

Ill have to watch it again because he was frustrating the hell out of me in the second half

Ill have to watch it again because he was frustrating the hell out of me in the second half

Let us know what you think if you do watch it again. I thought there were real signs of him moving the ball quicker, using fewer touches. But it was all in the heat of the moment so how much of that was real I'm not actually sure :)

He is what he is. Strong, can beat a man like he's not there, but not creative, can't see a pass and slows the game down along with Paulinho. Would like to keep Dembele as a squad player but nothing more.

He is what he is. Strong, can beat a man like he's not there, but not creative, can't see a pass and slows the game down along with Paulinho. Would like to keep Dembele as a squad player but nothing more.

It's probably why he works well at the moment coming on when we're ahead and looking to take the sting out of the game or drawing it and happy to take a point.

Back