• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I thought he looked like he was carrying an injury, although that was MOTD highlights so if a challenge had been put in on him it was cut out.

I thought he looked like he was carrying an injury, although that was MOTD highlights so if a challenge had been put in on him it was cut out.
There was, down in the left back spot when he chased back and snuffed out an attack. Looked in discomfort for a bit but by the time he went off didn't look too bad. BUT you never know with Moose.

He was excellent today. I do think the club need to be planning for life without him though, because he will always be in and out with fitness. Though I reckon Big Vic can be the new Moose, just a few less frills.
Wanyama is a favourite of mine and certainly has a few more tricks up his sleeve than just being a giant fudge off wall. He does burst forward on occasion and score the odd goal. All good.

In saying that I do honestly think the heir apparent is Onomah. He is almost a clone in his playing style to Dembele from what I have seen of him (when playing in centre midfield). It doesn't really work for him when he is playing as an inside forward (or a LAM/RAM for the FIFA kids). I firmly believe he is going to be a top top triffic player for Spurs. Onomah and Winks are the future Spurs midfield pair IMO.

However I have a feeling that there are a few more good years left in Dembele. He is not ready for the glue factory just yet. He had a pretty serious operation at the start of this season, and although it has taken him time to find form that could easily be explained away as recovery time for the op. I think his longevity will surprise us.

He was great yesterday, but Everton didn't press much at all really. I've noticed Dembele often finds himself pressed by two opposing players this season and at times he turns possession over which we've become so used to him retaining.

I hope he can stay fit, him and Wanyama looked so strong for the 10 minutes they were on the field together.

When was the last time he started two games in quick succession like that without breaking down?

Big boost if he's in a better place physically now.

Will be interesting to see if he's ready for a start against Liverpool too.

When was the last time he started two games in quick succession like that without breaking down?

Big boost if he's in a better place physically now.

Will be interesting to see if he's ready for a start against Liverpool too.
If not, the solidity of a Dier/Wanyama pairing would suit a more defensive setup anyway.

Agreed, perhaps he is finally free from niggling injury... until the next one. Sell him while his stock is high ;)

In general, when he plays well so do we, when he doesn’t neither do we. This season I thought his powers were waning and he should be dropped That’s where Poch earns his money. He knows his players better than us fans and understands each one’s importance to his team.

Back