• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I thought an interview I saw with a United fan was interesting. He was interviewed before and after the game. He did not pick out Dembele as a key member of our team, answering "what does he do? not assists and does not score" then after the game he said he bossed their midfield.

The old "what does he do comment" like Carrick and Modric somewhat used to get. The ability to retain possession whilst under pressure, move the ball via a good pass or dribble seems to be vastly underrated by many fans but not by managers. He is so hard to get off the ball. At his best he seems unplayable in terms of what he brings. The thing for me is, I know from his forward days he has got a good shot on him so its kind of a shame he never gets in those positions. He likes to pass it more than shoot. Not a bad thing. But 3-5 Dembele goals a season would be nice.

I love his style of play. He seems back to his best for the run in. Could be perfect timing. I hope so. Him and Wanyama are an effective partnership.

He was trying, he was working hard, it just wasnt coming off.

Liverpool fouled a hell of a lot, and in particular went for the shirt pulling for some reason.

It was obvious they wouldnt go the distance in the second half, all we needed to do was stay in the game until them.

Frankly Im still gutted we didnt win, we should have.

I thought he was poor first half, hung onto the ball to long and allowed Liverpool to press.
Second half he released the ball quicker and our game flowed.
He was the only one able to hang on to the ball, everyone else was losing it. It was highlighted at half time and after the game that we had no options for passes in the first half, but second half as Liverpool tired the spaces opened up.

The crowd were hilarious, so so biased it just made me laugh.

Blatant foul, rightfully given, cue the booing.

Then it seems post match they are convinced the ref had it in for them :D

Personally I thought they got away with a lot.

Even so, foul(sometimes) or no foul, Dembele was rather easily dispossessed by his usual standards.

This guy should be a world class midfielder. He has all the talent but suspect he does not have the sheer bloody mindedness and will to be the best that the likes of Kane have.

Which is probably not that bad because if he did, he would be playing for the likes of Barca - especially in the AVB era ...

This guy should be a world class midfielder. He has all the talent but suspect he does not have the sheer bloody mindedness and will to be the best that the likes of Kane have.

Which is probably not that bad because if he did, he would be playing for the likes of Barca - especially in the AVB era ...

He's clearly extremely talented and his ability to shield the ball is better than any player I have ever seen (including the greats).

I suspect his issue is more around the final decision, he lacks a decisiveness/vision around what he is supposed to do once he picks up ball, beats midfield and gets into final third.

If you use your comparison (to Harry), Harry's default action once in range is to shoot, if the shot isn't on, he can/will look for pass, but he has a default. I feel Dembele doesn't have that default instinct, he gets there and then has to decide, which is the fraction of time between WC and just very good.

He's clearly extremely talented and his ability to shield the ball is better than any player I have ever seen (including the greats).

I suspect his issue is more around the final decision, he lacks a decisiveness/vision around what he is supposed to do once he picks up ball, beats midfield and gets into final third.

If you use your comparison (to Harry), Harry's default action once in range is to shoot, if the shot isn't on, he can/will look for pass, but he has a default. I feel Dembele doesn't have that default instinct, he gets there and then has to decide, which is the fraction of time between WC and just very good.

Dembele's default setting is to protect the ball...there's no one in the world I'd rather have if we ever needed to run a clock down in a cup final!

That right footed half volley he hit against Liverpool could easily have gone in. Maybe he's going to score against the scum..

Back