• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Most overrated bands

Good Lord, if you can honestly say that either "...Anger" or "Death Magnetic" are 'mind numbingly polished and straightforward' in sound, or that either lacks 'twisting time signatures' or 'crazy fast riffs' then you, Sir, are IMO, as deaf as a post!!!! I won't get into arguing on the opinion side of it, no point, but I will based on the comments you made mate! ;-)

Has anybody else seen Some Kind of Monster - what a hoot!

Guns N' Roses were the last great rock n' roll band. In fact, they were probably the last great band period. Their lyrics left a lot to be desired but they were simply fantastic musicians and their four albums (I don't count their 5th one of covers, or that last shower of brick that isn't really GNR) were superb.

This. The guitar playing in particular is on another level to any other guitar/rock'n'roll band that I can think of. Even classic guitar gods such as Clapton and Hendrix weren't as good as Slash IMO

The Scientist is a fudging amazing song and anyone that says otherwise shall get a swift kick to the sponge.

Another band that would create a massive split between lovers & haters is... The Smiths. I do like quite a few of their songs but i can't decide if i think they are 'over-rated' though?

I agree with the U2 calls though. Only ever owned Joshua Tree (on cassette!) which is pretty good & a 'best of' which i played once, hated & have hopefully now lost.

Perhaps if Bono had topped himself after U2 peaked - Boy, October, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree... maybe Rattle and Hum...maybe Achtung Baby but that was pretty tossy... then he would be considered a nicer person and a better musician... but he didn't... they became super rich, super powerful and very middle of the road... but don't underestimate how awesome they were if you were a teenager in the 80s.

As waxy said, it all depends what you got into as a teenager for me - those are the bands you truly love and which made the biggest impact on you.

One man's Meat is Murder is another man's Poison

My point exactly when I talk about bloody primadonas.

I can say with 110% accuracy, you don't have a scooby mate. They are as far from being primadonas as you could get for their stature. I'm asking you humbly to trust me on this one...

I can say with 110% accuracy, you don't have a scooby mate. They are as far from being primadonas as you could get for their stature. I'm asking you humbly to trust me on this one...

If you think that Lars Ulrich isn't a primadona then you are on another planet (and obviously haven't watched Some Kind of Monster). Kirk is like a little sheep who just goes along with the two huge egos that are James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

- The whole Napster debacle
- A few years ago demanding reviews of an album get taken down from blogging sites
- Lars Ulrich's fudging ego
- James' 'inability' to handle being a multi-millionaire, blaming it on his parents seperating.
- Calling in a fudging psychoanalyst
- The whole 'lets play with a symphony orchestra' brick
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich

Must be the best entertainment in the world, seeing a band you love do their stuff live

genesis in their heyday were awsome live, and Clapton was astonishing.

football excluded

Possibly the best live band of all time, and that includes Queen and Pink Floyd. I finally got to see them live in 2007, but by then they'd had to key down their music and Collins had lost a lot of the power in singing. Absolutely love The Police too. GHod I'm old.....

As for over rated, maybe it's because I am old but I don't regard as Metallica as over rated because I don't believe they were ever rated that highly? When I was into heavy metal / rock in the 80's, early 90's they were always regarded as a decent band but nowhere near the higher echelons of greatness. And that's where they've stayed for me (although their version of Whisky in a Jar has to be one of the WORST cover versions of any song ever, what the fudge what they thinking?!).

I feel sorry for the X Factor generation really. The "Superband" pretty much died in the 80's, with the occasional reunion tour of the old giants ever since. The 90's for me were, hands down, the worst decade for "new" music (unfortunate as theoretically that should've been my social prime era where I'd go to brickloads of concerts) especially from bands. There seemed to be a revival in the 00's and I thought things were on the up but most of the new bands from that era haven't quite gone on to the next level and the last 3 years has seen music turn to absolute dross again. I genuinely believe the bands are out there, but the music industry would rather promote the latest hot manufactured autotuned star than real talent and until that changes the charts won't.

If you think that Lars Ulrich isn't a primadona then you are on another planet (and obviously haven't watched Some Kind of Monster). Kirk is like a little sheep who just goes along with the two huge egos that are James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

- A few years ago demanding reviews of an album get taken down from blogging sites
- James' 'inability' to handle being a multi-millionaire, blaming it on his parents seperating.
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich

LOL, I'm NOT another planet mate, but with this one, I am absolutely, 100% ITK. Again, trust me if you dare, otherwise all good (albeit that you're wrong mate, and if you know my posting style, I rarely say that without being 100% sure)...

I might get shot down for this, but I can't see what the fuss is with Led Zeppelin.

I tried hard with them, gave them lots of goes, but to me they have far too many songs that sound the same.

- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich

I can see why Ulrich would annoy someone, he's definitely punchable.

I used to worship Metallica, right up until the day in 1991 when I rushed out to buy the Black Album on it's day of release, only to find Bob Rock had turned them into a slightly heavier Bon Jovi.

that Metallica therapy documentary was the most feebly pathetic piece of brick ive ever seen.

great live band, though im not in to their music that much

- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich
- Lars Ulrich

Lars Ulrich's accent annoys me more than anything else about him or the band. Your right about Napster. Of all the bands in the world that could afford to let people download music for free and not get their pants a twist because some people don't wanna shell out 12 quid for an album, you'd think they would be near the top of the list.

Lars Ulrich's accent annoys me more than anything else about him or the band. Your right about Napster. Of all the bands in the world that could afford to let people download music for free and not get their pants a twist because some people don't wanna shell out 12 quid for an album, you'd think they would be near the top of the list.

The irony is they (Metallica) in the early days got in trouble from their label for telling fans who couldn't afford the Kill 'em All album to steal it!

Funny what money does to people.

Try black dog, dazed and confused, stairway to heaven, immigrant song and whole lotta love for some different but easily accessible tracks

Back