• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Most overrated bands

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Radiohead top my list. How people can say OK Computer is one of the best albums ever despite it not even being the best Radiohead album is absurd. Don't even get me started on Kid A.

Arctic Monkeys. I think they are a really good band, but NME massively overhyped them when they first came onto the scene.

Nirvana. Nevermind did have some great tracks, but one great album doesn't make a great band.

I have never liked Radiohead - never seen what the fuss was about.

I actually agree about Nirvana.

I also think Foo Fighters aint that great. A few good songs but thats about it.

Radiohead are immense, overrated my arse!

Agree on Nirvana and FF's but also KOL and Kasabian for me.

Radiohead are the auditory equivalent of having your eyeballs grated.

Tried Muse - similar result...........

Whatttt. If anything Radiohead are UNDERrated. They have made some of the most interesting and exceptional music of the last 30 years. Not to mention them really varying their styles.
Also, Nirvana? Really. They are ridiculously amazing.

Foo Fighters = ridiculously over-rated.

Others:
Kings of Leon
Coldplay (ugh)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (for past 10 years)

Can't agree with Nirvana, Bleach was an outstanding album.

I agree with KoL - I got their first album and its fudgein horrible. I skipped through each song after each intro it was that brick.

one great album doesn't make a great band.

What about the Sex Pistols? The La's?

Agree with Radiohead being over hyped. Arctic Monkeys are good, but as you say the NME thinks they pretty much invented music.

Obviously a matter of taste, but I've never been into Joy Division. Just a band I never got the appeal of. Lack of melody, terrible voice, depressing lyrics. Nonsense for me.

Coldplay. brick name, boring tunes. Cbeebies of rock n roll

Could go on for ages

Radiohead is very experimental, so I understand why some people wouldn't like their music, but I don't see how that makes them overrated. I think a lot of people like Radiohead because it's "the cool thing to do", but that does not necessarily mean they are overrated. I didn't love EVERY song on Kid A or OK Computer, but I do enjoy listening to their albums all the way through. Plus, they practically gave away In Rainbows for free by allowing customers to choose how much to pay for the album. That alone was incredibly ballsy and was a big fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to the traditional record label model. That's the other thing, they're not just churning out pop songs like KoL or Arctic Monkeys; their music is usually layered in meaning and their albums usually have some sort of theme.

I have never liked Radiohead - never seen what the fuss was about.

I actually agree about Nirvana.

I also think Foo Fighters aint that great. A few good songs but thats about it.

i think the Foos are a solid 7.5 out 10 band
a few really good songs but mostly decent songs - which isnt a criticism. most bands porduce a few really good songs but a load of tosh to go with it

the foos are like Scott Parker,solid, effective and reliablebut you know he's never gonna beat 4 men and chip the keeper

I would put Snow Patrol, Ash and James in that bracket too

MOST OVER RATED FOR ME;

Coldplay - just damn awful
Florence and the machine - couple of good songs, the rest is just filler
U2 - mostly because of the "biggest band in the world" tag. Good music, but not as good as their status, ergo overrated, but by no means poor

Radiohead is very experimental, so I understand why some people wouldn't like their music, but I don't see how that makes them overrated. I think a lot of people like Radiohead because it's "the cool thing to do", but that does not necessarily mean they are overrated. I didn't love EVERY song on Kid A or OK Computer, but I do enjoy listening to their albums all the way through. Plus, they practically gave away In Rainbows for free by allowing customers to choose how much to pay for the album. That alone was incredibly ballsy and was a big fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to the traditional record label model. That's the other thing, they're not just churning out pop songs like KoL or Arctic Monkeys; their music is usually layered in meaning and their albums usually have some sort of theme.

sadly - musically they are pretty dreadful, cluttered and unappealing.

but if that works for you, then they should fill your soul.

Arctic Monkeys - an awful band? Wow. Everyone has different tastes, but they have made some great music over the years. 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' is arguably the best debut album of the 21st century!

Agree on Radiohead. Also - Pulp. Nirvana were great IMO, have put in some fantastic live performances.

i think the Foos are a solid 7.5 out 10 band
a few really good songs but mostly decent songs - which isnt a criticism. most bands porduce a few really good songs but a load of tosh to go with it

the foos are like Scott Parker,solid, effective and reliablebut you know he's never gonna beat 4 men and chip the keeper

I would put Snow Patrol, Ash and James in that bracket too

MOST OVER RATED FOR ME;

Coldplay - just damn awful
Florence and the machine - couple of good songs, the rest is just filler
U2 - mostly because of the "biggest band in the world" tag. Good music, but not as good as their status, ergo overrated, but by no means poor

Agree about U2. Also Bono is a complete Foy! Always lecturing everyone about saving the world when they move all of their business interests out of the country just to get tax breaks. Plus they rip fans off for ticket prices despite being one of the richest bands on the planet. The only thing I like about them is they split royalties evenly 20% each between themselves and their manager, probably explains why they've stayed together so long.

Back