• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moses - can he lead us to the promised CL land?

If he was better than Townsend wouldn't he be in the England set up ahead of him? I know that's not nailed on proof, but it's a fairly decent indication of what level each player is at.

I've nothing against Moses, I think he could offer something with his pace (we need that since bale left), but I just think Townsend is massively underrated by some Spurs fans, he's no world beater but he really is a good player.

As someone else mentioned above, if we can actually do business with chelski now, I'd much rather it was for Salah than Moses.

Townsend has played nearly 90 first team games for us and still has the same faults ( and shows no sign of improving them). As for the England bit it means nothing as all managers have their favourites and Townsend happens to be one of Roys.

Townsend has played nearly 90 first team games for us and still has the same faults ( and shows no sign of improving them). As for the England bit it means nothing as all managers have their favourites and Townsend happens to be one of Roys.

It's probably more to do with the fact Townsend plays well and scores for England I would have thought? ;)

It's probably more to do with the fact Townsend plays well and scores for England I would have thought? ;)

Which makes Townsend one of his favourites :), but seriously I would not take the fact that a player in the England team is a top player, after all so many Spurs fans think Wheelchair is crap yet he has been MOM for England in the last few games.

If he was better than Townsend wouldn't he be in the England set up ahead of him? I know that's not nailed on proof, but it's a fairly decent indication of what level each player is at.

I've nothing against Moses, I think he could offer something with his pace (we need that since bale left), but I just think Townsend is massively underrated by some Spurs fans, he's no world beater but he really is quite a good player.

As someone else mentioned above, if we can actually do business with chelski now, I'd much rather it was for Salah than Moses.
He would be probably, that is if his national team and flag is the St George Cross!

He is better then Townsend so I have no problem if that is what Poch wants.
I'm a little underwhelmed at the price, although I agree that he's better than our current backup. If he's happy to rotate and warm the bench then upgrading the squad is always welcome, I just hoped that selling Townsend and buying Moses would allow us to cash in on the England hype differential.

but Moses is most effective as a left sided forward, so he is not a Townsend upgrade

sadly, it looks like we will have to put up with both Moses and Townsend which is not something to look forward to

..................Kane
Moses......Eriksen......Townsend

cant wait

I'm a little underwhelmed at the price, although I agree that he's better than our current backup. If he's happy to rotate and warm the bench then upgrading the squad is always welcome, I just hoped that selling Townsend and buying Moses would allow us to cash in on the England hype differential.

I think the price of most players is crazy to be honest but that is the way of the game now, he is better then Townsend ( imo) and more of a team player.

but Moses is most effective as a left sided forward, so he is not a Townsend upgrade

sadly, it looks like we will have to put up with both Moses and Townsend which is not something to look forward to

..................Kane
Moses......Eriksen......Townsend

cant wait

As far as I am aware he can play both sides.

Oh Jesus Christ no. This guy is so average. There are 5 better players at Stoke we should go for before this lemon.

Will he spend time at the ACON every couple of years?

IF it is true, than my goodwill I've built up towards Poch since the season ending (absence makes the heart grow fonder) will come crashing back down to "does this guy know what the fudge he's doing"; still think we were pretty much awful last season and barely saw any exciting development in the team play. Coupled with awful decision and after awful decision.

But then I was excited to see the exodus of the poison in our club, wanted to have faith that patience is good and having time will see is develop our play and team... but signing Moses would be up there with giving Kaboul and ade captaincies, never resting Eriksen even though he was fudged, playing mason as much as he did etc etc We are not a middle table club POCH!!!!!!

Hopefully it's flimflam and I can go back to being excited!!!

I think the price of most players is crazy to be honest but that is the way of the game now, he is better then Townsend ( imo) and more of a team player.

I think the debate about Townsend and Moses is interesting, we can all have our preferred option of the 2, but i dont see a great deal of daylight between them. Surely we need to be looking at signings that will either clearly improve the side immediately or alternatively are young enough to have the potential to do so? I would question whether Moses given even a season as first choice would ever greatly improve.

IF it is true, than my goodwill I've built up towards Poch since the season ending (absence makes the heart grow fonder) will come crashing back down to "does this guy know what the fudge he's doing"; still think we were pretty much awful last season and barely saw any exciting development in the team play. Coupled with awful decision and after awful decision.

But then I was excited to see the exodus of the poison in our club, wanted to have faith that patience is good and having time will see is develop our play and team... but signing Moses would be up there with giving Kaboul and ade captaincies, never resting Eriksen even though he was fudgeed, playing mason as much as he did etc etc We are not a middle table club POCH!!!!!!

Hopefully it's hogwash and I can go back to being excited!!!
I don't think it would be anything like any of the above.... Moses is a skilfull, hard working, left sided player suited to 4-2-3-1 formation. He's no World beater, but he is also far better than many on here are giving him credit for.

Moses from what I remember at Wigan was often able to carry the ball long distances, often from box to box and lay it off at the end. We don't really have anyone that can do that though they did play mainly on the counter attack which of course makes that easier to do.

I don't think it would be anything like any of the above.... Moses is a skilfull, hard working, left sided player suited to 4-2-3-1 formation. He's no World beater, but he is also far better than many on here are giving him credit for.

Hope so... just underwhelming. Better than spunking 30m on a european superstar and them flopping I guess! Always good to be pleasantly surprised!!

Let's see though!!

Think we need a right winger more though!! For the first team,to compete with lamela!

I think the debate about Townsend and Moses is interesting, we can all have our preferred option of the 2, but i dont see a great deal of daylight between them. Surely we need to be looking at signings that will either clearly improve the side immediately or alternatively are young enough to have the potential to do so? I would question whether Moses given even a season as first choice would ever greatly improve.

You don't necessarily have to sign better players to improve the team, signing players better suited to our system and the manager's plans will do that too.

But then I was excited to see the exodus of the poison in our club, wanted to have faith that patience is good and having time will see is develop our play and team... but signing Moses would be up there with giving Kaboul and ade captaincies, never resting Eriksen even though he was fudgeed, playing mason as much as he did etc etc We are not a middle table club POCH!!!!!!

Hopefully it's hogwash and I can go back to being excited!!!

That's much more like your customary negativity. I see the optimism didn't last too long. And not a single ball kicked in anger yet. Wow. What a seismic shift - and all over the possible signing of one player. Unbelievable :(

You don't necessarily have to sign better players to improve the team, signing players better suited to our system and the manager's plans will do that too.

How about signing different players that give us a Plan B?

Back