• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moses - can he lead us to the promised CL land?

I think that the priority right now is having more than 14 or 15 players in the squad who are comfortable with Plan A.

Yeah i suppose you are correct, baby steps and all that.

We continue to await the first attacking signing................

Yeah i suppose you are correct, baby steps and all that.

We continue to await the first attacking signing................

We might be waiting a long time if this and last summer is anything to go by.
I just don't think the Poch/Bielsa 'pressing' way makes us more attractive to attacking players than our other non-Top 4 and seeking to break top 4 rivals.

I believe that this is why defenders have been mainly the ones signed and signed early: they are the main player groups that the Poch/Bielsa game appeals to imo

Levy's only in it for the prophets.

ca559fdc003988c36bee01afd024f59c.gif

We might be waiting a long time if this and last summer is anything to go by.
I just don't think the Poch/Bielsa 'pressing' way makes us more attractive to attacking players than our other non-Top 4 and seeking to break top 4 rivals.

I believe that this is why defenders have been mainly the ones signed and signed early: they are the main player groups that the Poch/Bielsa game appeals to imo

I think that the reason why we did not sign any attacking players last summer is because we had a lot of players in those positions and we wanted Poch to assess those before signing replacements.

That's much more like your customary negativity. I see the optimism didn't last too long. And not a single ball kicked in anger yet. Wow. What a seismic shift - and all over the possible signing of one player. Unbelievable :(

Haha, I'm not negative yet, and it wouldn't sway me really, it would just cast a huge shadow over my view on poch, reminding me how I felt about him last season. Ultimately my opinions will be dictated by watching us play. But this one signing would certainly dampen my excitement.

I can't understand this, it is grating and scratching at me... weighing on me heavily... this guy is so average. We've waited a year for some amazing deal to be structured, a rabbit to be pulled from the hat... either someone we didn't believe we would get or someone we'd not heard of. And then this. It is worse than the Saha signing, at least Saha had a great record and could score goals, this guy is just... nothing. We might as well sign Zaha or Bolasie or Arnautovic or Keiran Richardson or Andros Townsend or Jon Walters or Mame Diouf or Odemwingie or Geoff Cameron or Stephen Ireland or Glenn Whelan or Charlie Adam. This guy is Av. Er... Age. He is half the player Ashley Young is.

I can't understand this, it is grating and scratching at me... weighing on me heavily... this guy is so average. We've waited a year for some amazing deal to be structured, a rabbit to be pulled from the hat... either someone we didn't believe we would get or someone we'd not heard of. And then this. It is worse than the Saha signing, at least Saha had a great record and could score goals, this guy is just... nothing. We might as well sign Zaha or Bolasie or Arnautovic or Keiran Richardson or Andros Townsend or Jon Walters or Mame Diouf or Odemwingie or Geoff Cameron or Stephen Ireland or Glenn Whelan or Charlie Adam. This guy is Av. Er... Age. He is half the player Ashley Young is.

chill winston.

This deal will not happen, There is more chance of Sepp Blatter being re-elected as Fifa president next year than of us acquiring Victor Moses from Chelsea. So calm down...dont let this whole sorry charade itch, bite and scratch you.

heres a name for you ....Alexandre Pato.......oooooo let that sink in......will that tickle your fancy?

I may even forgive you for insinuating that the almighty Yannick Bolasie is average. I tell thee that this player is the answer to 76.9% of our problems....

Also you need to realise that Saturn is currently pulling a moonie at Uranus...the stars have aligned which basically means young Eric Lamela will finally throw down his shackles and have a rip snorting good season in which he out scores and out assists everyone's favourite stick insect from down Woolwich way.

In short in 4 months time the potential purchase of Victor Archibald Moses will be a long forgotten irksome memory.

Stephen Ireland is a world class talent. Just hasnt fulfiled his potential.

Why is there a thread for this by the way? Were not signing Victor Moses....
Are we?

he out scores and out assists everyone's favourite stick insect from down Woolwich way.
Giroud? Wheelchair? Welbeck? Walcott? That one with bozz eyes? Sneezy?

If we don't sign Victor Moses, fine. But we better bloody not. There are better value players on this planet.

Anyone watching PSG vs. Chelski - Moses just scored. He has had a very good pre-season so far. I still think Spurs should go for him. It would also open up the Nigerian market to the club.

I beg to disagree. If Moses played for England instead of Nigeria, you would change your story. In terms of keeping an opposing team on its toes, there are few better left footed wingers in the EPL. Ashley Young is better in his delivery of crosses and set pieces and that is about it.

Tottenham look to capitalise on Pedro signing with move for Chelsea winger Victor Moses

Tottenham hope Pedro’s arrival at Chelsea will encourage their rivals to do business with them over Victor Moses.

Spurs want to sign a winger before the window closes and Moses is one of the players on their wishlist.

They are also eyeing Yannick Bolasie, who wants to leave Crystal Palace for a bigger club — with manager Alan Pardew admitting his prized asset would be “foolish” not to consider a move to Spurs.

But Palace still want in excess of £20million for the 26 year old and Spurs are unwilling to pay that.

Moses is considered a more realistic target, even though Spurs are aware of Chelsea’s unwillingness to sell any player to them following a series of bust-ups between the clubs over the past decade, dating back to when sporting director Frank Arnesen was lured from north to west London.

But Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for either Juan Cuadrado or Moses now that Pedro has completed a £21.1m move from Barcelona.

Moses, who is valued at around £10m by Chelsea, has been on loan at Liverpool and Stoke respectively since manager Jose Mourinho returned to the club in 2013.

The 24 year old, who was signed from Wigan for £9m in 2012, rejected the chance to join Stoke on a permanent basis this summer because he wants to stay in the capital.

He was included in Chelsea’s pre-season tour to North America and was picked ahead of Cuadrado on the bench for the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal.

Spurs are still hopeful of offloading Aaron Lennon, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Everton.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...for-chelsea-winger-victor-moses-a2918541.html

We're not signing Berahino AND another wing forward like Moses. It's one or the other, given that Townsend looks like he's determined to stay and we already have Chadli/N'Jie/Lamela/Pritchard(probably) for those wing spots.

The Fighting rooster had an article on their transfer thread that linked us to Danny Graham, of Sunderland (Metro or Mirror, don't remember which). It's fluff and probably bullcrap...but, if (IF) we sign Berahino, then that sort of move is all we'll likely get after that, given that our net spend would be dangerously close to breaching the zero mark and we'll only need someone who's happy with a place in the squad for a year or two while occasionally figuring should injuries/a desire to play a 4-4-2 formation strike.

So, yeah, it's probably either Berahino or Moses, not both.

Back