• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia
Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

I'd suspect Morgan Schneiderlin's social media meltdown played a part in this fiasco. #SFC #SaintsFC

Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

I'd suspect Morgan Schneiderlin's social media meltdown played a part in this fiasco. #SFC #SaintsFC

Koeman vs Schneiderlin?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but the weight of that opinion to affect your own is skewed on the basis of their own knowledge on the subject. Watching lots of football specifically only demonstrates how much time you have on your hands. The question is do you really understand the game and its subtle interactions? I have worked as a professional coach and scouted players at different levels but you are just guessing when it comes to how they react when putting them in new teams, squads and systems.

Based on what I have seen from Schneiderlin he doesn't offer too much potential to upgrade our bloated squad. He also does not have the same potential of many of the other players that have left saints (other than Lambert). Nevertheless nobody know's how he will react to a big club and less game time, usually it is too much, however sometimes it offers a confidence boost and is a catalyst for their career.

The question is what is the price? Less than £10m, OK...he will enjoy the Europa league. More than £15m we will regret it.

AVB works as a professional coach full time and he has never had a clue about football. There are many FULL TIME professionals in all types of industries that got their for being in the right place at the right time but are useless at their job and have terrible judgement.

Not saying you are one of those but because you have a POSITION as a coach or a scout doesn't automatically mean your any good at it.

MS is a beast pure and simple and anybody who understands the modern game would never compare him our current crop of midfielders. We do not have ANY midfielders (Nabil potentially tho) who can carry the ball from defense to attack. A cohesive midfielder is pretty much the most important position in football these days.

All top teams now have a ball carrier and if you don't you will end up having much less possession and when you do will end up wasting it. Something Spurs are masters off. Hence the need for MS more than we need anything else.

At the moment we are a team with a defence, midfield and attack which are completely separate from each other and rely on luck, individual brilliance or a mistake to get into good positions. With MS you will see us maximise opportunities a lot more often with quicker and penetrative passes leading to many more goal scoring opportunities that you saw last season.
You will also see Sandro (if he stays and is fit) flourish as he won't feel the need to do two jobs (filling in for the missing Paulinho) and can just concentrate of winning the ball back and then playing it to MS who will penetrate further up the field.

We will concede less and score more with MS in the team!

Last edited:
Having watched the YouTube compilations I fail to see why we're that interested. Few decent tackles and pretty good at lumping it up to the runner, does a job for the manager, but nothing outstanding.
I can't see him making the starting 11 and I'd rather see one or two of or youngsters get a chance. We're hardly short in CM.
Or am I missing something?

Having watched the YouTube compilations I fail to see why we're that interested. Few decent tackles and pretty good at lumping it up to the runner, does a job for the manager, but nothing outstanding.
I can't see him making the starting 11 and I'd rather see one or two of or youngsters get a chance. We're hardly short in CM.

What effective passers do in central/deep midfield is rarely visible on youtube highlights unless particularly made to showcase those abilities. It's a bit like highlights for defenders showing headed goals along with the occasional high profile block or last ditch tackle.

Apparently refusing to train too. He will be ours within the week I imagine. No point keeping a player who clearly wants to leave. Sell and move on Ffs.

Apparently refusing to train too. He will be ours within the week I imagine. No point keeping a player who clearly wants to leave. Sell and move on Ffs.

Particularly with the "if a bid comes in we might change our mind" (paraphrase) caveat to the otherwise very strongly worded statement by the Southampton official it's looking very likely that this was all just a step in a process to increase their earnings by Southampton.

I wouldn't normally sympathise with a player acting up in order to secure a transfer away from his club but, in this instance, I can absolutely understand why Schneiderlin is doing exactly that.

It's the club that has betrayed him rather than vice versa. They no longer have a super ambitious owner. Their visionary chairman was forced out. Their manager has gone. Five of their best players have been allowed to leave. The heart has been ripped out of the club.

So it seems harsh to expect such a loyal player who has given so much ((231 games for the club over six years) to hold the fort and be denied a move while others - most of whom gave far less - were allowed to move on to bigger clubs.

@alex_crook: False alarm #saintsfc fans have now been told Morgan Schneiderlin has NOT handed in a transfer request. Spoken to his camp and club sources

Did you rate Carrick in 2005/6?

Schneiderlin is the same but potentially quite a bit better.

If that categorical statement by the Southampton chairman was just "a negotiating tactic" then it was a spectacularly bad one. It may save him a few million in loyalty bonuses, but the damage it will do to his reputation and authority within the club and with the fans (which is already at a low ebb) will be huge.

I believe he honestly intends to keep both players. That doesn't mean he'll succeed of course. As we ourselves know from bitter experience, if a player forces a move it can be tough to hold on to him. But people blithely assuming that Schneiderlin will be a Spurs player soon might be in for a bit of a surprise. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic about this one.

Back