• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Just to draw an accurate comparison, £40m was worth €45.452m around the time that Chelsea offer came through.

So, if we're still asking €40-45m today, ie: a year later, then that's still in-line with Chelsea's offer.

The £ has since grown in strength, so it's more expensive for Real Madrid to buy a player from us, but - conversely - it would be cheaper for us to buy from a club where the transaction is completed in €'s.

Hmmm, interesting.

A year ago the €/£ was almost 1:1 (I got stung buying a new car in euros), whereas as you say the £ is now stronger and it is about £0.8 to the euro, so nearly 20% less £ for your €.

Using the corporate rate, €45m is £35m today - a lot lower than before _but_ this actually benefits us as nearly every player we buy will be in euros.

As others have said I'm happy with £35m if it's abroad, and if he wants to go we should get rid of his whinging ass.

Modric ok mate thanks for the last few seasons etc , you came from Zagreb etc and it was THFC what put you on the map . You are now rich as a result . Our club stands for so much more than I think you will ever understand ... I could harp on for ages , I won't but check out the jimmy g 2 websites video compilation , there's more spirit in 3 mins of playback there , more soul than in the whole of croatian football history ... Now fudge off be a gent and stop your tinkle ant self important antics .... You and your agent are bog roll . Go and lick joses ringpiece

Evolution is bound to missfire now and then.

Madrid have tinkled us off so now I wouldnt actually sell Modric to them. fudge them. No one bullys us - fudgein ****s. Pay 40m Euros or fudgein suck my **** you ****s. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

27m? When I see the like sof Henders go fo 20m. Its 8m less than Liverscum paid for Carrol and I dont care which market we live in.

Real ****s (see what I did there)

Anyone know if any of the other players that were at the World Cup trained yesterday? Couldn't find any images and some reports in Spain saying that Modric was refusing to train with the rest of the team.

Anyone know if any of the other players that were at the World Cup trained yesterday? Couldn't find any images and some reports in Spain saying that Modric was refusing to train with the rest of the team.

He didn't train - came in the morning briefly then went for lunch at Fornata (an Italian restaurant)

Had a dream just before I woke up this morning that Modric to RM was confirmed. Don't know if its a psychic premonition or the whole saga is doing my head in and infiltrating my dreams now.

Yes, but the point about him training has very little value without knowing if he was supposed to be training, or if the other World Cup players trained or not.

Not sure what the above sentence actually means - simply 'confirmed' what you supposedly read in some Spanish newspapers

But yes - most players on extended break are supposed to be back already and training

Not sure what the above sentence actually means - simply 'confirmed' what you supposedly read in some Spanish newspapers

But yes - most players on extended break are supposed to be back already and training

We know that he didn't train yesterday.

I didn't know if he was supposed to train yesterday.

Without knowing if he was supposed to train or not knowing that he didn't train doesn't say much.

I asked if any of the other players on break trained yesterday as I figured they would all be back at the same time.

He's no Ledley King. Sigh.

Still, I trust the chairman to get the best possible deal, and 35 million seems somewhat short of that. He's still got, what, four years on his contract? And we did turn down 40 million last summer I'm still hoping for a fee of around that mark this time around, should give us the funds to sign a top-class player, be it a replacement for him or another addition to the s1uad (Falcao, hint hint).

Was £40m ever confirmed? It only came from Redknapp and he was using words like 'apparently' and 'allegedly'.

Real Madrid reckon they won't pay more than £27m for Modric. Jog on, this ain't Arsenal you're dealing with! The arrogance of the top Spanish clubs is breathtaking! I remember last summer after Barca signed Fabregas somebody at the club, one of the directors I think said we should have paid more for him! This is after they got Fabregas to refuse to play to drive the price down.

Real Madrid reckon they won't pay more than £27m for Modric. Jog on, this ain't Arsenal you're dealing with! The arrogance of the top Spanish clubs is breathtaking! I remember last summer after Barca signed Fabregas somebody at the club, one of the directors I think said we should have paid more for him! This is after they got Fabregas to refuse to play to drive the price down.

Yeah. Good luck to them.

The other day on Talksport Graham Hunter said we have agreed a €40m base fee and are just now haggling over the bonus/add on elements (€4-7m he said iirc).

I generally consider Hunter one of the best journalists in Spain and not the sort to put his colours to the mast like this unless he was sure (unlike balague who talks a hell of a lot without a huge strike rate!)

We have previously been reported as having a good relationship with Madrid.

It is reported Modric is not training.

Could it be that instead of Madrid trying to screw us, Modric going on strike and us having to fight a real battle we are in fact in far advanced negotiations and everything is very civil?

I had a real rant about Madrid earlier, but it occurs to me - what was it based upon? Nothing substantive IMO.

The other day on Talksport Graham Hunter said we have agreed a €40m base fee and are just now haggling over the bonus/add on elements (€4-7m he said iirc).

I generally consider Hunter one of the best journalists in Spain and not the sort to put his colours to the mast like this unless he was sure (unlike balague who talks a hell of a lot without a huge strike rate!)

We have previously been reported as having a good relationship with Madrid.

It is reported Modric is not training.

Could it be that instead of Madrid trying to screw us, Modric going on strike and us having to fight a real battle we are in fact in far advanced negotiations and everything is very civil?

I had a real rant about Madrid earlier, but it occurs to me - what was it based upon? Nothing substantive IMO.

but hasnt Perez just come out and said that they wont pay more than 27.5 mill pounds??

Back