• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Starting to notice quit a bit of bitterness and a few nasty comments about Modric. I think this is unfair because I don't think he's acted badly.

Last year, yeah, him and his Danchev were a bit mouthy. But at the end of the day he just wanted a transfer to another club for better money and a better chance of silverware. Then, when the transfer didn't happen, he gave 100% for Spurs in every game I saw last season, and his attitude around the place seemed totally professional. There's nothing to get abusive about in all that. It's all standard fare.

And this summer, he's kept his mouth shut, the biggest club and best coach in the world want him and he's given Spurs 4 very good years...so, really, what's he done wrong? Meh, very little for me.

Getting the money right for Spurs and finding a replacement are very important, but that is not the same thing as Modric being deserving of excessively harsh words.

Even if he said it, Perez is not exactly a man whose word is ... how should I phrase this ... completely reliable.

Is there any reliable report of Modric not training? It strikes me that unlike last season everyone is keeping quiet, except for AVB's comment, and that this suggests things are happening behind the scenes to bring about a deal that satisfies everyone. It also seems very early for a strike. It could get messy, but there is still a lot of time.

Starting to notice quit a bit of bitterness and a few nasty comments about Modric. I think this is unfair because I don't think he's acted badly.

Last year, yeah, him and his Danchev were a bit mouthy. But at the end of the day he just wanted a transfer to another club for better money and a better chance of silverware. Then, when the transfer didn't happen, he gave 100% for Spurs in every game I saw last season, and his attitude around the place seemed totally professional. There's nothing to get abusive about in all that. It's all standard fare.

And this summer, he's kept his mouth shut, the biggest club and best coach in the world want him and he's given Spurs 4 very good years...so, really, what's he done wrong? Meh, very little for me.

Getting the money right for Spurs and finding a replacement are very important, but that is not the same thing as Modric being deserving of excessively harsh words.

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to express. You put it out better.

Is there any reliable report of Modric not training?

Yesterday I believe the Euro players were due back, and that Sky filmed him enterign the lodge, and leaving about an hour later.

So I think its fair to say "Modric did not train yesterday" - but "Modric is not training" is unproven.

He refused to play against United and looked like he didn't wanna be there when we played Emirates Marketing Project at home, he was subbed after about 55 minutes. After all, players are paid to play, not just to train. I forgave him as time went by, but it left a lot of fans (including me) feeling a bit cheated by him.

Got no problem with a player if he wants to move to a bigger club and increase his chances of winning medals and also improving his quality of life, but be professional about it. His comments about wanting to join Chelsea were ill advised.

Luka Modric did not report for Tottenham Hotspur's final training session before their tour of the United States and there is doubt over whether he will board the team flight to Los Angeles that departs on Saturday.

The Croatia midfielder is determined to leave the club and the manager, André Villas-Boas, has confirmed that he will be permitted to do so if an acceptable offer was to come in. Tottenham are holding out for as close to £40m as possible.

Modric has his heart set on a move to Real Madrid, who have so far offered €32m (£24.9m), with a further €8m in add-ons, making the total package potentially worth a little over £31m, which is not enough for Tottenham.

The Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, is confident that Modric will move to his club and he would have taken encouragement from the player's no-show at Spurs Lodge on Friday. Modric did not train on Thursday either, the first scheduled day of his pre-season, although he did turn up at Spurs Lodge. He did not stay for long, leaving while the squad went through their morning session. Tottenham declined to explain why Modric did not attend the training ground on Friday.

Madrid want Modric to agitate for the transfer which, they feel, might help to drive down the price. It got him nowhere last summer, though, when he was equally keen to leave Tottenham for Chelsea, who had offered a package worth £40m. Modric submitted a transfer request in an attempt to force the issue but Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, was unmoved and the player was made to stay.

Levy's stance has softened. Last summer, he was clear that Modric was not for sale to anybody for any money, whereas now he accepts Modric has his price. If Modric does not travel to the United States, Madrid would interpret that as evidence of them winning the battle but to Levy, it would make no difference. He will demand that his asking price is met, regardless.

Levy wants cash only from Madrid, and is not interested in any players in part-exchange. Tottenham have been offered the defender Ricardo Carvalho and the midfielder Nuri Sahin, among others.

Villas-Boas's priority midfield target is João Moutinho of Porto, his former club, while he is close to agreeing the permanent transfer of the striker Emmanuel Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project. Adebayor spent last season on loan at White Hart Lane. It promises to be a busy transfer window at Tottenham, not least because Villas-Boas has to sell players to comply with the Premier League squad limit.

Tottenham play LA Galaxy in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Liverpool in Baltimore a week on Saturday and New York Red Bulls in New York on Tuesday week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/20/luka-modric-spurs-real-madrid

What other reason could there be for turning up but not training? Little niggle? If so surely the club would report it. Sounds like he's off IMO.

Sport Football Transfer News Tottenham transfer news
By John Cross, Darren Lewis 1 Comment 20 Jul 2012 23:01
Modric goes AWOL: Wantaway Tottenham star poised to swerve US tour

Spurs ponder disciplinary action against Real Madrid target if he doesn't fly out on pre-season trip with his team-mates

Luka Modric has gone AWOL in a desperate attempt to force through a move from Spurs to Real Madrid.

Angry Tottenham have now told the Croatia midfielder he faces disciplinary action if he fails to turn up for the Saturday flight taking them to the USA for a pre-season tour.

New manager Andre Villas-Boas is resigned to losing Modric, who has reportedly told AVB he wants out, and Spanish champions Real are closing in on a £35m-plus swoop.

But the 26-year-old is now appearing to turn up the heat on Tottenham to make it clear he doesn't want a repeat of last summer's transfer saga.

This time a year ago, Modric stated publicly that he wanted to leave and asked not to picked for games, but chairman Daniel Levy refused to buckle and make a deal with Chelsea.

Tottenham will now cash in this summer, but Levy is demanding £40m for the little playmaker - a stance that has seen the move stall in the last week.

Real president Florentino Perez has insisted they will not go above £27m (35 million euros) for the player, but Villas-Boas is adamant any buyer must meet Spurs' valuation.

Modric's tactics are unlikely to go down well with Villas-Boas, Levy and the Spurs fans.

Meanwhile, Tottenham are still hoping to complete a deal for Emmanuel Adebayor even though talks with Emirates Marketing Project have hit a sticking
point.

Adebayor, who spent last season on loan at Spurs, wants £150,000-a-week and a £5m signing bonus, but the club are already pushing their boundaries on wages on top of a £5.5m transfer fee.

IMO, AVB shouldn't bring Modric to US if he doesn't wants to. There is no point forcing him to go if his mind is somewhere else. It might affect other players to have an unwilling player around. I think Modric will remain unsettled until his future is sorted or until the transfer window is closed. Remember, Modric refused to play against ManCity last season but still came back to play for us after the transfer window closed. Just hope, Levy won't sell Modric cheap. I will be annoyed if he is to be sold lower than the 40m we rejected last season.

Making Modric go to the US if we know he's leaving would be pretty pointless and/or deluded and/or petty.

Making Modric go to the US if we know he's leaving would be pretty pointless and/or deluded and/or petty.

At the moment, the club don't think he's leaving. The 27m offer from Madrid is taking the tinkle. There is no other club in the market for him. I think he'll be here September 1st and he needs to do a half decent pre-season.

AyME6LXCIAE8mqA.jpg

Found on teletext, no idea who it is or what the hell they are talking about.

i've never undertsood this concept . why pay him if he refuses to honour his side of the deal?

petty? the guy is getting paid more than most can save in 10 years.

not sure why contracts arent considered legally binding.

Back