• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: Modric Gone At Last

Have to admit, that Madrid kit suits him. Good luck to you, Luka Modric. Shame that Chelsea affair last summer tarnished your reputation for ever more, but you went some way to restoring it in the season that followed, and for that....thanks, I guess. Convince Coentrao and some of the other bench-warmers to move the other way, if you can.

In hindsight, as we failed to qualify for the Champion's League last season, it was a massive mistake not selling him last Summer. Along with our ridiculous tardy behaviour in signing Ade & Parker, his behaviour at the start of last season may well have cost us a point and therefore cost us qualifying for it. This year it's probably cost us 5th place and a chance of qualifying for the Europa League. Good riddance to the disruptive rat.

In hindsight, as we failed to qualify for the Champion's League last season, it was a massive mistake not selling him last Summer. Along with our ridiculous tardy behaviour in signing Ade & Parker, his behaviour at the start of last season may well have cost us a point and therefore cost us qualifying for it. This year it's probably cost us 5th place and a chance of qualifying for the Europa League. Good riddance to the disruptive rat.

21.png

Decisions are made with the information available at the time, not with the benefit of hindsight.

Modric was a key player for us last season, we could just as easily have done worse without him as better.

21.png

Decisions are made with the information available at the time, not with the benefit of hindsight.

Modric was a key player for us last season, we could just as easily have done worse without him as better.

He was a key player for us last season, but this fiasco has cost us two seasons. Worth it? Not IMO. Either way, glad to see the back of him and I sincerely hope he flops massively at Real Madrid.

21.png

"could have..."

Modric is the key difference between 4th and 7th - guy will be missed massively.

"could have..."

Modric is the key difference between 4th and 7th - guy will be missed massively.

He is a very good player. But we finished 4th when he missed a good portion of the season. But his ability, like with Campbell's and Berbatov's, is now irrelevant. He treated the club I love like brick. fudge him and I hope his career nose dives.

He was a key player for us last season, but this fiasco has cost us two seasons. Worth it? Not IMO. Either way, glad to see the back of him and I sincerely hope he flops massively at Real Madrid.

If we sold him to Chelsea last season we almost certainly wouldn't have finished above them - he would have been key to making AVB work IMO. We should never sell to a direct rival.

How do you know that last season would have turned out better without him?

You've written off this season already? He's one player who missed two games before being sold...

I am genuinely intrigued as to how Mourinho will use him. As I highly as I rate him I really cannot see where he's going to fit in to their side, unless the idea is that he will rotate with / cover for Ozil, in which case I imagine he will be seeing a lot of bench time.

The plan is that he will replace Khedira in a lot of games. Real win a lot of games by 3/4/5 goals and playing Khedira in those games really isnt worth the time as they totally dominate from start to finish usually & Alonso whilst not a tackler is perfectly capable or picking up runners/intercepting etc. This will make them more attacked and give them better options in games as well.

-----------Casillas---------
Abeloa--Pepe--Ramos--Coentrao
--Kheidera-Alonso--Modric
--Ozil----Benzema--Ronaldo

They wont want to drop Di Maria, he's really established himself now and is perfect for their speedy counter attacks

TMK, as much as Modric may have cost us a point or three at the start of last season, he was also the playmaker who thereafter made the difference in getting us fourth rather than fifth or sixth. He will be a massive loss, no question.

Why else would a club the size of RM pay £33m or whatever it was for a midfielder who on paper has such a poor assists record and only averages four or five goals a season?

:ross:

Redknapp accepting a job he wasn't offered cost us last year.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

We finished fourth, we had a very good season. If it wasn't for Chelsea fluking their way to Munich, Messi and Robben missing penalties we would be playing the second leg of our CL qualifier this week.

Couldn't disagree more. The only error on our part in this whole episode is that we didn't convince Real Madrid to get the job done right after Euro 2012. We should never be selling again to the likes of Man Utd/Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project. We have managed to get between £30m-£33m before add ons with £40m the reported final offer from Chelsea. Sorry, but I would rather forego the extra £7-10m knowing we have sold him abroad where he can't directly hurt us. Not to mention the fact that selling to Chelsea is like selling to Arsenal so it should be an outright no unless it is world record figures being discussed.

2 Games have been played and you believe we may well end up 6th as a result of this? I hope nothing serious ever happens in your life!

Just let the last week of the transfer window pan out and let the squad settle down and into the season. We will be there or thereabouts again for 4th place and you can hold me to that at the end of the season.

We didn't get CL football last year because of an unsettled manager, not a player.
This year the season has barely begun and with only two games left its a bit early to rule us out of top four placings.
To be honest, tenth and the FA Cup mighten be so bad, just depends how it all pans out.

Back