• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Re: Modric Gone At Last

Best of Luck to him, he really is that level of player. Just disappointed that it has taken 2-3 weeks longer than it should have although if it was to acheive a replacement being in place then and this agreement/partnership then fair enough. Also a shame with regards the behaviour last summer and this but that is just modern day football generally. Pleased to have had him in our side for the last 4 years, helping to make us a competitive outfit in that time.

Sorry - saw €42-€49 in one article.

It is "spot on" compared to other media sources, who is to vouch for the accuracy of it?

Well these days you have to be a forensic accountant to work-out the exact transfer fees and which "add-ons" have been paid.

But you can get a pretty good idea from the club's annual accounts, which they have a legal obligation to file.

During this current Summer transfer window, Spurs have spent £20,800,000 on three players (Sigurdsson, Vertonghen & Adebayor) while receiving around £62,403,000 from players sold-on.

This gives us a net income so far from player trading of some £41,603,000.

You're including Dawson though, who I last heard had turned QPR down(although there are more talks today).

Thought Crouch was £10m and Defoe £9m.

On 31 August 2011, Stoke City announced the signing of Crouch from Tottenham for a club record fee of £10 million which could rise to £12 million on a four-year contract.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Crouch

Portsmouth accepted a bid from Tottenham thought to be around £15.75 million (including fees owed to Tottenham for the previous transfers of Younes Kaboul and Pedro Mendes and waiving a £4m sell-on clause that had also been negotiated during his transfer from Spurs to Portsmouth) on 6 January 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermain_Defoe

Kranjcar went for EURO 7m, which was £5,653,000 at the exchange rate at the time of his transfer.

Just curious, but why would we (a British club) sell to a Ukrainian club in Euros?

It was the four digits of precision that caught my attention, which seemed incongruous. Add in installment payments and exchange rate movements and the fee could end up significantly larger or smaller. For instance, I suspect we paid close to £18 million for Modric after accounting for the €21m fee and payment over four years

You're including Dawson though, who I last heard had turned QPR down(although there are more talks today).

The clubs have agreed the transfer fee.

It remains to be seen if Dawson will agree personal terms with QPR.

If he doesn't, I'll be more than happy to delete his transfer entry, as I think he's a great player and I'd be very sad to see him leave the Lane.

Well these days you have to be a forensic accountant to work-out the exact transfer fees and which "add-ons" have been paid.

But you can get a pretty good idea from the club's annual accounts, which they have a legal obligation to file.

During this current Summer transfer window, Spurs have spent £20,800,000 on three players (Sigurdsson, Vertonghen & Adebayor) while receiving around £62,403,000 from players sold-on.

This gives us a net income so far from player trading of some £41,603,000.

Given that we are now a public company is that actually the case?

400417_10151173474830708_830186271_n.jpg

I know why we had him training alone. It hasn't taken him long to upset his new manager.

Presumably the plc will still have to publish accounts for the period from July 2011 to Jan 2012.

I'm not sure, but I think private companies still have to file some accounts with Company House (or whatever its called), but that much less detail is required.

looking at that transfers list you have to give Levy a lot of credit, every single one was a rip off

Back