• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Missing football

It annoys me more than ever the fact we just didn't turn up in Madrid
Literally fudging spineless and pathetic !!!

That was our chance to change the club for ever, to make us the top of the pile and they bottled it

Not for the first time in the real crunch games.

What really hurts is that Pool was poor/average.
It's like the handball was the killer psychologically!
I dont understand it, there was still 90+ minutes to play.
Still don’t see how a ball reflecting off a body part so quickly and hitting a armpit is handball
First there’s the deflection
Then secondly there is the location on the body
But the ref was very very quick to point

That was our chance to change the club for ever, to make us the top of the pile and they bottled it

We really were a complete shambles.

Still don’t see how a ball reflecting off a body part so quickly and hitting a armpit is handball
First there’s the deflection
Then secondly there is the location on the body
But the ref was very very quick to point
Wasn't it because of some silly stricter handball rule.

The Danny Rose pen in the city game was gonad*s as well.

Wasn't it because of some silly stricter handball rule.

The Danny Rose pen in the city game was gonad*s as well.
No it was just a poor call
Even with the new rule they can argue his arm was outside of his natural silhouette but they also say that if it takes a deflection of a players body first it can’t be hand ball
The ref on BT didn’t even understand the rule

Weirdly woke up this morning super tinkled off about the CL final, to then see you guys discussing it here.

Genuinely think it’s the sole reason for Pochs collapse. Must take a long while to sink in. I think on the day we just couldn’t get our heads around it.

Cant wait to be back at the Stadium now, would gladly catch Corona for a good atmosphere :)

I agree but a couple of mitigating circumstances not often mentioned:
1. The day was extremely hot, so at pitch level inside the stadium it was presumably bas.tard hot
2. Liverpool player Andy Robertson said he noticed several Spurs players cramping up around 60 minutes; and the same thing happened to Pool the year earlier against Madrid, because it is so overwhelming to FINALLY be in the CL Final, the tension creeps up on you all day so you're knackered much sooner / by the time of the late night game

I agree but a couple of mitigating circumstances not often mentioned:
1. The day was extremely hot, so at pitch level inside the stadium it was presumably bas.tard hot
2. Liverpool player Andy Robertson said he noticed several Spurs players cramping up around 60 minutes; and the same thing happened to Pool the year earlier against Madrid, because it is so overwhelming to FINALLY be in the CL Final, the tension creeps up on you all day so you're knackered much sooner / by the time of the late night game
The heat was massively massively understated back here
It was mid 30s for us walking to the ground and could have been hotter inside
That’s not a great environment for an English side

Back