• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs Everton

I'm not one for making excuses but considering the injuries/ suspensions, it's a hell of an achievement to get a result against this Everton team. It may very well have been a nervy performance, I was listening on the radio and even that was stressful enough but the 3 points are in the bag. Now the key is Romero not being out for long or being able to get a class CB in ready on the 1st day of the window....
I don’t disagree . Was still a horrific 45 minutes.

Possibly. But you don’t take those sorts of risks that leaves you relying on their poor decision making or poor finishing to get over the line. We took that result out of our hands and left it in the lap of the gods.
I think we took the risks because we don’t keep the ball at the back regardless
And that was a team of players who can’t play this system in the end

You're not going to enjoy Ange then, sorry.

And we won the game, right?
I am enjoying a lot of what he’s doing. We’re a great watch. But we’re winning nothing playing this way IMO. There’s a reason we’ve lost 16 points from winning positions. I think commentary said we’ve given up 7 injury time goals and we’re bottom of the fair play league.

We’re far too cavalier. Great watch, brilliant entertainment but it won’t deliver trophies IMO.

I am enjoying a lot of what he’s doing. We’re a great watch. But we’re winning nothing playing this way IMO. There’s a reason we’ve lost 16 points from winning positions. I think commentary said we’ve given up 7 injury time goals and we’re bottom of the fair play league.

We’re far too cavalier. Great watch, brilliant entertainment but it won’t deliver trophies IMO.

Ange has won trophies at every club he's managed...

How can you even say that? He's won literally everywhere he's gone. His football clearly does deliver trophies. It sounds like he doesn't play the way you like to watch football and you're judging it based on that.

He's been here for 6 months and is playing with 2nd and in some cases 3rd string players and still getting wins and making it enjoyable. I think it's laughable that you've already written him winning anything off entirely.

Today was awful. That wasn't down to Ange's style whatsoever.

Edit: and no doubt here will come the "it was only Australia, Japan, Scotland..." stuff

Ange has won trophies at every club he's managed...
He’s never managed at this level before. I get the argument but the better the quality of opposition, the higher the likelihood is that you’re punished for less. And we’re too open.

How can you even say that? He's won literally everywhere he's gone. His football clearly does deliver trophies. It sounds like he doesn't play the way you like to watch football and you're judging it based on that.

He's been here for 6 months and is playing with 2nd and in some cases 3rd string players and still getting wins and making it enjoyable. I think it's laughable that you've already written him winning anything off entirely.

The fact he’s won trophies everywhere counts for nowt. Mourinho and Conte pitched up with far more impressive records in that respect.

Today isn’t even about the performance. You’ll have days like that and grind out a win. We didn’t. We lucked into the 3 points. Watch the last 10 minutes again. It was mind boggling and it had nothing to do with the personnel. Our full backs were ridiculously advanced given the score and circumstances. That’s instruction from the manager.

He will not get away with that sort of stuff at this level.

He’s doing a very good job, he’s a breath of fresh air, we’re a brilliant watch. But you cannot win at this level playing like that IMO.

The fact he’s won trophies everywhere counts for nowt. Mourinho and Conte pitched up with far more impressive records in that respect.

Today isn’t even about the performance. You’ll have days like that and grind out a win. We didn’t. We lucked into the 3 points. Watch the last 10 minutes again. It was mind boggling and it had nothing to do with the personnel. Our full backs were ridiculously advanced given the score and circumstances. That’s instruction from the manager.

He’s doing a very good job, he’s a breath of fresh air, we’re a brilliant watch. But you cannot win at this level playing like that IMO.
He is getting away with it
And away with it with reserve players

Today isn’t even about the performance. You’ll have days like that and grind out a win. We didn’t. Watch the last 10 minutes again. It was mind boggling and it had nothing to do with the personnel. Our full backs were ridiculously advanced given the score and circumstances. That’s instruction from the manager.

The fact he won trophies counts for a lot. It counted for a lot with Mourinho and Conte too. That's a big part as to why it was so hugely disappointing with how it ended up with both of them.

You keep ignoring the fact that we also missed some big chances to make it 3-0 and 3-1.

Today was everything about personnel. The way Ange plays is extremely risky and a better team probably would have punished us. But to say it's naive and that we'll never win anything is way over the top, Gary Neville-level analysis.

Anyway, it's 2:30am and arsenal are 1-0 up so it's bed time.

Generally agree but the system works way better and we look less naive and vulnerable when we have our first team out.
This! That's 3 out of four first choice defenders out in the second half, at least 2 of three first choice midfielders out (3 of 3 after Sarr was subbed). And not even all our first choice backups available.

Several players that haven't played this system or together in this system all that much.

If we looked this open with most of our first choice 11 out I would be slightly concerned. But even if that was the case it's still fairly early under Ange.

Today was more "Conte Tottenham" than the sign of a good side in my opinion.

Some big issues to sort out. A lot of criticism for Bissouma lately, but the drop-off from him to Skipp was massive. I quite like Skipp, but we suffered so much because we just couldn't keep the ball -- a lot of that started with him.

Lo Celso brilliant in his cameo.
Hojberg is probably suited better to that role despite not quite being good enough in himself.
Not really, Skipp’s role in the 6 is to get the ball of the centre backs and get us going.

He struggled to do that for most of the game. No shame on him its just a role he appears to not be suited to.

Only Bentancur and Bissouma appear capable of doing it well which leaves us in a real pickle as they are both out medium term.

Edit: and no doubt here will come the "it was only Australia, Japan, Scotland..." stuff
I honestly think the system covers for the lack of quality some of the players have. It makes them move into certain spaces and rotate positionally, ready for the pass. If we were playing a more traditional system with these players available in the 2nd half it probably ends up as a loss. They just aren't a good set overall.

I think some have let the quality of Ange's work confuse them as to the actual quality of the squad. For the first season it's been exceptional but going forward we need to keep adding to the quality of the squad and this system will get results

It’s a complete lack of judgement which is naive. The job is to win the game. You don’t go pushing for a third in that situation with your full backs that advanced and leave the back door open where you can be outdone and outnumbered with a simple ball forward if you cough up possession.

I was really, really tinkled off watching it. Couldn’t believe what I was watching.
It's like you haven't heard our manager repeatedly tell us what to expect.
I kind of enjoyed it

Back