• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Good news but don't think we will rush him back (Ange seems good with that)

Different injury but Bentancur was training for a long time before getting back in team

Good news but don't think we will rush him back (Ange seems good with that)

Different injury but Bentancur was training for a long time before getting back in team
Bentancur had been out for about 6 months longer as well, so needed to build up general fitness also.

But yes, I agree we won’t rush him back.

Before his injury I watched a couple of pre-game warmup sessions on youtube. Most players were doing the drills properly and stretching, flexing and properly articulating the movements the trainer wanted. Except Van de Ven. After his injury, I wondered if weak work in the warmups was a contributing factor.

Before his injury I watched a couple of pre-game warmup sessions on youtube. Most players were doing the drills properly and stretching, flexing and properly articulating the movements the trainer wanted. Except Van de Ven. After his injury, I wondered if weak work in the warmups was a contributing factor.

Pre-game everyone warms up the same, you can see it at Stadium if you go early.

I'd still bet the VAR stoppages on a very cold night is the bigger culprit

100% that Chelsea game was so stop start that it was the major factor in the cause of the injury.

He's young and heals quickly it would appear. Hopefully if this happens again we'll have another window gone by to get cover. Apparently Fab Romano is making a Tottenham announcement tomorrow.

100% that Chelsea game was so stop start that it was the major factor in the cause of the injury.

He's young and heals quickly it would appear. Hopefully if this happens again we'll have another window gone by to get cover. Apparently Fab Romano is making a Tottenham announcement tomorrow.
It will be about Todibo

Wait what, there is ITK about an announcement from a soothsayer about a possibility? What does 2030 have in store?

Professional athletes should know that you got to keep it going and not get cold muscles. If the stoppages are the reason, it's highly unprofessional!

Professional athletes should know that you got to keep it going and not get cold muscles. If the stoppages are the reason, it's highly unprofessional!
But going from a 5 minute break in the freezing cold straight into a sprint against their striker poses a different reality. Do you expect him to be doing laps whilst VAR are checking? What if the check is over early? How does he know how long he should be warming up?

But going from a 5 minute break in the freezing cold straight into a sprint against their striker poses a different reality. Do you expect him to be doing laps whilst VAR are checking? What if the check is over early? How does he know how long he should be warming up?
Maybe the sports science professionals at the club can use their sports science science to devise a way for players to keep warm while VAR does VAR things.

Back