• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

But going from a 5 minute break in the freezing cold straight into a sprint against their striker poses a different reality. Do you expect him to be doing laps whilst VAR are checking? What if the check is over early? How does he know how long he should be warming up?
Gentle stretches and side jogs, no rocket science required

Good to see he was at the game along with a lot of the other guys currently injured. Maybe there was a pre-Christmas lap of the stadium after the game?

Never used to happen
Now… always seems to happen
Maybe because it’s a happy place they want to be there

I think it's a good idea.
Injured or not, it shows they are still part of the team. Even when we have struggled I would hope players like Maddison and Bentancur would be wanting to get out there to help their team mates, so keeps them working hard to get fit.

I think it's a good idea.
Injured or not, it shows they are still part of the team. Even when we have struggled I would hope players like Maddison and Bentancur would be wanting to get out there to help their team mates, so keeps them working hard to get fit.
Actually highlights to them how we play so they can see that pitch side

I think back in the day they would often be up in the box they 'own' with their family and friends, but it is nice that they want to be down on the bench

Don't the injured players often turn up to the home games?
There's a school of thought that psychologically its bad to keep wounded players around fit ones. It reminds the latter of their own fragility and stops them playing to the limit. Some coaches subscribe to that, others dont

There's a school of thought that psychologically its bad to keep wounded players around fit ones. It reminds the latter of their own fragility and stops them playing to the limit. Some coaches subscribe to that, others dont
Never heard that before
Do know that players who are injured typically don’t come unless they have too
They stay at home
I’ve never seen so many come to games. For me it’s clearly anges way that shows them how we play … hence why they sit dug out level

Van de vin ...needs to keep further back to defend..otherwise, he may find it difficult for a man of his size to accelerate without further injury..ie hamstrings...
just an idea/observation...

Never heard that before
Do know that players who are injured typically don’t come unless they have too
They stay at home
I’ve never seen so many come to games. For me it’s clearly anges way that shows them how we play … hence why they sit dug out level
That may be partly down to the fact we're so much fun to watch, who doesn't want to watch Spurs at the moment?

Van de vin ...needs to keep further back to defend..otherwise, he may find it difficult for a man of his size to accelerate without further injury..ie hamstrings...
just an idea/observation...
Kind of negates the whole reason we bought him, he's our high line insurance policy it's why he's so important to Ange ball.

I think injury and cards are an inherent by product of Ange ball, it's right on the edge from minute one and we're going to need a big squad.

Kind of negates the whole reason we bought him, he's our high line insurance policy it's why he's so important to Ange ball.

I think injury and cards are an inherent by product of Ange ball, it's right on the edge from minute one and we're going to need a big squad.
It's no good having a product if he can't play. He well may have been over-trying! he's quick... but if he puts himself in a position where he has to over-stretch himself there's no point because he can do his hamstring again. I think for a player of his size he has to be cautious. Not too far up the pitch, he can get the right balance.
Hamstring injuries can stop you from playing and get worse over time.

It's no good having a product if he can't play. He well may have been over-trying! he's quick... but if he puts himself in a position where he has to over-stretch himself there's no point because he can do his hamstring again. I think for a player of his size he has to be cautious. Not too far up the pitch, he can get the right balance.
Hamstring injuries can stop you from playing and get worse over time.
I don't really see how VdV can be cautious when the team are set up to play such a high line, he can't suddenly decide to drop deeper.

I agree though that it's a worry and other than a very deep squad I'm not sure what the solution is because playing on the edge the way we are is always going to create injury issues.

Back