• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

VAR caused injury

interestingly or not, the PFA think the big break for VAR might have helped him get the injury. Muscles cooled down then he had to do a big sprint is the long and short of it.

It's not like the players are forced to stand still when there's a check now is it? In the case that it's a genuine concern maybe the players could possibly kick a ball around or whatever the medical team would advise to keep warm. Or do as Redknapp suggested to Pav and just facking run around a bit, it's not rocket science.

It's not exactly a surprise that the game has to be paused to check incidents so even if it's because of the stops it's poor planning on our part.

RE Micky, If true and it was just cramp that's brilliant. Will still be good to exercise caution like we did with Johnson and his hamstring scare and ease him back in slowly if necessary. We always knew it was a walking the tightrope situation at CB until January.

During breaks in play, all players should
1) do a few hamstring stretches, where they bend at the waist and keep a good stretch on the back of the leg. Really easy.
2) talk to each other and the boss to iron out issues and make plans. No need to stand about gorming.

I remember Giggs had hammy issues as a kid and took up yoga, to the amusement of his peers... until it worked and he played til he was old. I hope our players also do significant yoga style stretching to ensure the hamstrings are long.
I also remember someone like Cov City doing ballet stretches (foot on the bar) to stretch hamstrings back in the 80s

I don't think that was just cramp

Even if he is just chilling out in the gym talking to the other players, that seems a good sign that he isn't on crutches.

Let's see what the scans show though
Have you ever been woken up in the middle of the night with eye-wateringly painful leg cramp? I have, and it took over a day for the effect to fully wear off.

It'd be amazing if that's all it turns out to be - and possibly an indicator of the need to do more with players if there are longer stoppages in play to maintain their muscles, especially for someone like Mickey who puts his under extreme stress with the bursts of speed

It's not like the players are forced to stand still when there's a check now is it? In the case that it's a genuine concern maybe the players could possibly kick a ball around or whatever the medical team would advise to keep warm. Or do as Redknapp suggested to Pav and just facking run around a bit, it's not rocket science.

It's not exactly a surprise that the game has to be paused to check incidents so even if it's because of the stops it's poor planning on our part.

RE Micky, If true and it was just cramp that's brilliant. Will still be good to exercise caution like we did with Johnson and his hamstring scare and ease him back in slowly if necessary. We always knew it was a walking the tightrope situation at CB until January.
It was a tightrope we was always going to fall off from.

If they are waiting until Friday for a scan , that suggests its bad and there is considerable swelling. If it was just cramp then there wouldn't be any swelling and no need to wait for a scan.
Must be another reason for waiting until Friday because if he was totally fudged he wouldn’t be standing there in that image smiling with no strapping, crutches etc.

Have you ever been woken up in the middle of the night with eye-wateringly painful leg cramp? I have, and it took over a day for the effect to fully wear off.

It'd be amazing if that's all it turns out to be - and possibly an indicator of the need to do more with players if there are longer stoppages in play to maintain their muscles, especially for someone like Mickey who puts his under extreme stress with the bursts of speed

I have, all too often.
But it didn't look like anyone was treating him for cramp on the pitch (only watched on tv, so might not have been shown)

Link to the photo.
Todays full album
Is that the new young defender in the picture with his arms around Royal?

Just seen an article, think it was the telegraph, claiming that he will be out till January but in the very same article saying they haven’t even done a scan yet. I’m pretty sure that until you do a scan you won’t know the severity of the injury. The rubbish sports reporters write. They may end up being right but always annoys me when they try to write a guess as fact.

Just seen an article, think it was the telegraph, claiming that he will be out till January but in the very same article saying they haven’t even done a scan yet. I’m pretty sure that until you do a scan you won’t know the severity of the injury. The rubbish sports reporters write. They may end up being right but always annoys me when they try to write a guess as fact.

It's flimflam ..

he did something to his hamstring, he seems reasonably mobile day after, 6-9 weeks (January), see my diagnosis is the same ..

Back