• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

If we buy we've paid too much, if we don't Levy's tight, can't win .
I want him to be tight with this one. I've got serious doubts about him from what I've seen previously. He's got physical attributes, but don't really use them, apart from his speed. But most worrying is that he seems react to slow, even in the Bundesliga. He doesn't spot danger until its virtually too late. That's difficult to teach!

I want him to be tight with this one. I've got serious doubts about him from what I've seen previously. He's got physical attributes, but don't really use them, apart from his speed. But most worrying is that he seems react to slow, even in the Bundesliga. He doesn't spot danger until its virtually too late. That's difficult to teach!
So he is the quicker, dutch Eric Dier? fudging wonderful.

This explains why its not that easy to get him and Tapsoba

True and reading between the lines Tapsoba is about €60m.

There must be others out there that are same quality and more realistically priced or better quality for €45m.

VDV is not worth €45m and tbf Tapsoba is not worth €60m. I’m sure we have tried this but I would offer €30m for VDV and €45m for Tapsoba and then in each case give addons of €15m if they do things that show they have reached their full potential.

If they don’t take that just walk away and we go with Romero, Tosin, Phillips and Dorrington. Napoli are also looking at Kilman. Perhaps we should revisit that one.

Guess that evevolved. Its not the catholic girls school on highgate road? La Sainte Union I think its called now.

Don't think so, I read some years back it closed, it had the worse absentee record in London. The area had a high Irish population after the war and that's changed, none of my mates or their families live there now.

Don't think so, I read some years back it closed, it had the worse absentee record in London. The area had a high Irish population after the war and that's changed, none of my mates or their families live there now.

Same. With the odd exception of someone who inherited their mums house, almost all my mates who lived around gospel oak, swiss cottage etc have moved away. Just so expensive to live in these locations now. Makes no sense to stick around.

The UK is driven by the housing market and growth, over community. I miss the days of going into the pubs of Kentish town and school mates offering clobber off the back of a lorry and the comrarde. It's a totally different reality now. No doubt better, safer, more refined, but we've lost communities in central London.

Euro 50m including add ons, so could be like 35m base and 15m add ons?

Which is probably about right? Roughly £30m base with performance related add ons that you’d imagine would pay for themselves in either helping team achievement’s or personal goals reached that would increase his value anyway.

Obviously ALL guess work on my part.

Yep
VDV is a gamble
He plays a bit naive
But… the upside with the right coaching and development could be huge
He has the attributes but needs a coach
Tapsoba is more proven and is a player for now but the fee is almost double (rumoured)

VDV and Orban for Tapsoba money is sensible

but WTF do we know

I think when you consider our core requirements, like you say, he offers great potential.
  • Fast and can play a high line.
  • Decent with the ball at his feet.
  • Tall.
What he isn't is experienced, or at his prime yet. He needs patience and to develop. He is not Gvardiol. A beast out the box.VDV lacks the physicality of the elite CBs. But he is extremely fast, and should become an excellent defender.

Last edited:
I think when you consider our core requirements, like you say, he offers great potential.
  • Fast and can play a high line.
  • Decent with the ball at his feet.
  • Tall.
What he isn't is experienced, or at his prime yet. He needs patience and to develop. He is not Gvardiol. A beast out the box.VDV lacks the physicality of the elite CBs. But he is extremely fast, and should become an excellent defender.

Maybe a season or 2 at LB to toughen up and learn some positional discipline, then he'll be read to become the new Jan.

Euro 50m including add ons, so could be like 35m base and 15m add ons?

Which is probably about right? Roughly £30m base with performance related add ons that you’d imagine would pay for themselves in either helping team achievement’s or personal goals reached that would increase his value anyway.

Obviously ALL guess work on my part.

Apparently it is £34.5m rising to £43m. Like you I would hope the extra £8.5m is all dependent on significant team progression of which he has to play most of the games.

If thats the case then the overall package is just about right especially if we have had to give in somewhat with Wolfsburg being stubborn and a lack of viable alternative options.

Yeah but then who plays centre back with Romero and also sticking him at left back stunts Udogie.

Nice idea in an ideal world but he’s gonna have to play left centre back.

I think it will be Dier, at least for the the first 6 months. Unless Kane goes anyway.

He would probably be a decent defensive LB with Udogie being the attacking one.

If we can get in another CB it would be a good idea so he can get a few extra games

Back