• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen BAE

I love Dawson but at right back he'll get skinned by everyone up to and including Phil Neville.

Gallas is getting unfairly coated...as for Daws, lovely man and perhaps against some sides, but seriously, anyone looking at Dzeko's goal and notthinking Daws couldn't have done better is fooling themselves. As well-weighted as the pass was, he simply allowed Dzeko to cruise by him into the channel. Ledley would've got closer to Dzeko, Younes would've beasted him...no, for me, IF you don't play Walker sat, you have to play Naughton.

If everyone was fit and Walker was playing the way he's been all season then I'd definitely have
Kaboul Caulker Vertonghen BAE

Once again the Kaboul RB fallacy rears its head. The guy can't play RB. He had one or two notable games there due to attacking runs. Defensively he consistently got turned inside out and caught out of position. Our high line would compound this

Once again the Kaboul RB fallacy rears its head. The guy can't play RB. He had one or two notable games there due to attacking runs. Defensively he consistently got turned inside out and caught out of position. Our high line would compound this

I agree with your Train of thought (see what I did there? eh?). Kaboul had maybe one or two good performances at right back and a bunch of performances that were forgettable. He's not the answer. Yes Walker needs a break, and a bit of coaching to regain his lost form but we should replace him with a RB, i.e. Kyle II, rather than moving a CB out there. If Kaboul was fit I'd have him in the middle with Vertonghen rather than as a makeshift RB.

You must have been watching a diferent player then because the one I saw played like a fudging clogger most of the time and was directly at fault for a good 4-5 goals while looking terribly out of form.

Dawson on the other hand - the one so many love to hate on here (oh, the ironing) has looked well decent in his few outings so far this season.

What do you know, that's exactly what I think when watching Dawson.

I don't...disagree...

Dawson has due his injury last season and not getting picked this one become a giant in absentia.

Plucky, honest, never say die spirit, fighter.

Bit of a clogger; yes.

Suspect when dealing with quick attackers; hell yes.

Would I rather him than DA Gallas; a resounding yes.

We need our Kaboul back sooner rather later.

I'd have Dawson in ahead of Gallas against any side that are big on set-pieces, but against the Arse, I think it's less clear-cut. You could make an argument for leaving either one out. I agree, we need Kaboul back, basically.

Weren't QPR willing to pay around £8 mill for Michael? Maybe he ain't such a clogger after all? As for his passing on the floor it was excellent against Maribor.
Someone blamed him instead of Caulker for the Dzeko goal. In fact he spotted Caulker's fault and tried to atone. Similar second goal scored tonight by Zlat and a goal similar to City's first goal caused by midfielder Gerrard not tracking back in time and a missing full back for Sweden's first.

Weren't QPR willing to pay around £8 mill for Michael? Maybe he ain't such a clogger after all? As for his passing on the floor it was excellent against Maribor.
Someone blamed him instead of Caulker for the Dzeko goal. In fact he spotted Caulker's fault and tried to atone. Similar second goal scored tonight by Zlat and a goal similar to City's first goal caused by midfielder Gerrard not tracking back in time and a missing full back for Sweden's first.

I hold my hand up here, that was me. And in fairness, you're absolutely right. At the time I was absolutely livid with Daws for getting done (and also unhappy at Friedel's handling - that hasn't changed!) but yes, Caulker clearly gets caught out in not playing the offside trap properly and Daws does try to cover for the lad. What I would say is that Daws lacked the necessary zip in those first few steps to get back in time and cover. But no argument, yes, he was there covering for Caulker.

It was Vertonghen who was running with Dzeko from outside the box (left back position) and then left him for the final 'sneaky' run - so if anyone he should hold his hand up - not Caulker.

Last edited:

You want to put Dawson in when he could be up against guys like Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain...... do you want to win this game or what????

Admitedly Gallas hasnt been great, Walker hasnt either. But putting Dawson up against some of the quickest players in the league is not an answer.

Take Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain out of it.... then putting Dawson in wouldnt be such a bad idea.

Back