• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

You want to put Dawson in when he could be up against guys like Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain...... do you want to win this game or what????

Admitedly Gallas hasnt been great, Walker hasnt either. But putting Dawson up against some of the quickest players in the league is not an answer.

Take Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain out of it.... then putting Dawson in wouldnt be such a bad idea.

its not about pace though is it? its about positioning and teeam support

look at hangeland , actually they did conceed three goals LOL

what of vidic and rio?

terry

dammit, this point i'm trying to argue would go alot better if i didnt need to use world class players :lol:

Suarez could cause Daws some problems, but the way he was throwing himself in front of the ball, and his leadership were fantastic today. Really hope he is back for good

I prefer Dawson to Gallas..but I can see the reasoning for him not starting. The future is Verts/Kaboul/Caulker and Dawson will command a hefty transfer fee while Gallas will not.

I prefer Dawson to Gallas..but I can see the reasoning for him not starting. The future is Verts/Kaboul/Caulker and Dawson will command a hefty transfer fee while Gallas will not.

But Gallas has been utter gash

Suarez could cause Daws some problems, but the way he was throwing himself in front of the ball, and his leadership were fantastic today. Really hope he is back for good

Maybe Gallas is the better option against Suarez..massive decision for AVB..Suarez really impressed me today and has done all season.

Maybe Gallas is the better option against Suarez..massive decision for AVB..Suarez really impressed me today and has done all season.

How? Gallas has looked very flat footed and off the pace of late.

I'm absolutely delighted for Michael Dawson and to see him proudly lead Spurs out today brought a lump to my throat.

And to think he was three-quarters the way to Queens Park Rangers in the summer!

As a norwegian pundit put it today, he may not be the best defender at the club, but we've got the best defence with him in it. At least for as long as Kaboul is out.

Says alot about the man and his love for spurs that he was behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Gallas in the pecking order, but he rejected QPR and better wages to stay and fight for his spot.

Says alot about the man and his love for spurs that he was behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Gallas in the pecking order, but he rejected QPR and better wages to stay and fight for his spot.

Agree with this.
Not a moan, not a whinge, not a whisper to be heard, just knuckled down and set to the task of doing what he could to get back in favor. Kudos to AVB too for not freezing him out, for realizing he will be important and for playing him today after a fine match Thursday which could've given him the opportunity to 'rest' him!

Happy for Daws, he's done well. I certainly thought his time was up when AVB came in due to style, but today he played more short balls from the back than I remember in one game from him. He's giving it a good go. And perhaps, with consistent matches, he can make it work.

Anyone who lacks the spirit and togetherness of the squad is out of their mind...

Players like Dawson, Lennon, Defoe et al are the type of players we MUST keep at WHL. Theyre loyal players and part of the furniture - theyre the ones who have performed over long periods of time, yeah they have had dips but ultimately theyre part of this club.

I love all three of em and wouldnt sell them at all.

Back