• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memphis Depay

I disagree.

One of the reasons why we appointed Poch was because of his ability to transform players from the ordinary to the excellent. We have a big squad. We already had good options in every position other than left back and centre back. We've sorted out the former. We still need to sort out the latter.

I'd be happy to sign Rodriguez or Depay but I'd be even happier if Poch could turn Chadli into the player we bought him to be; if he could set Lamela back on the path to becoming a worldie; if he could continue the promising signs in pre season of reinvigorating Lennon's Spurs career; if he could teach Townsend some tactical intelligence to go with his natural ability; if he could bring the best out of Holtby; if he could build on Eriksen's promising start to his time at Spurs; if he could find a gem or two from within the academy.......and so on.

Same is true of centre midfield. Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho, Mason, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby again.....I'd love us to sign Schneiderlin but I'd also like to see what Poch can do with the players already on our books.

The insatiable hunger for new signings is like a kid wanting all the new toys for Christmas, just because they've been advertised on television, while overlooking all the toys he's already been given but has never played with. So wasteful.

I don't want those players because they are flavour of the month. Like I'm sure we all do, I had a wish list at the beginning of the summer and that was before the world cup or any recent article.

My wish list was
LB - Shaw. Rodriguez after the world cup
CB - Lovren, Garay. Moreno after the world cup
CM - MS, Strootman, Kovacic. Lars Bender as a pipe dream
LWF - Rodriguez, Townsend moved from the right, Depay.

Those players are/would have been essential

P.S Pochettino is not a magician, if there is a chance to get a player then we should all want that to happen. I understand your point however.

Last edited:
Why would we want this guy if we have Townsend? Depay is no better.

Personally I actually believe Townsend is a completely different player on the left and if we move him from the right we would realise we have somebody who will score as many as Griezmann would have and actually assist more than Griezmann. On the right however he is the 3rd worst player I have ever seen. He's as much use on the right as a goalkeeper would be

Last edited:
good post about working with the tools at our disposal......maybe this season will largely depend on how much poch can get out of Soldado, something makes me think we need another one though and that the current three just dont have enough! Strikers that is, still generally there is no smoke without fire so by the looks of it we have been making noises for this kid even if we havent submitted any bids or offered them Nacer.

I'm quite pleased with our 'humble' transfers. Two young promising players.

The thing is we don't really know what we have now. With some time and coaching....Chadli could be a beast. Townsend could be better than Depay. Lennon could set fire to the turf passing defenders and stretching play.

We defiantly don't want many more players. Oine stellar signing, probably a CB would be ideal. Then shift 3 or so and we'll have a manageable squad.

The thing is last year 6 or 7 signings were bought for first team action straight away. This year, only Davies would go straight in. Vorm and Dier are understudies, well Vorm deffo is Dier maybe won't see any action this year.

As long as we only buy 2 more maybe 3 then it'll be ok.

I can see Depay as a bit player this season, should we sign him and maybe the other 2 (MS and Musacchio) as starters so only 3 which is a lot easier to fit in than 6 or 7.

Also, last year we sold one massive player and tried to replace him with 7 players which was not needed. This year it looks like we will be buying players to replace players.

Last edited:
depends on the price i guess. 10 mil and below sounds fine bsaed on you tube videos. go have a look, the boy is strong, fast, can dribble, can shoot, keeps his head up... reminds me of a right sided Bale.

or should i say right footed bale.

heres the video

[video=youtube;rvO32HHfnl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rvO32HHfnl8[/video]

who thinks our psv connection - eriksen and verts - could swing the vote here?

http://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/260181/

Using Google Translate

9:21 - technical manager Marcel Brands PSV Memphis Depay not expect the move will make it to Tottenham Hotspur. According to British media, the London club would like to bid, the attacker but according to the policymaker, there has been no contact with The Spurs . "I assume that Depay continues," let Brands recorded in De Telegraaf . The story attacker Nacer Chadli would be involved, exchanged for a possible deal he also does as nonsense. The Eindhoven hope to have. Their selection within two weeks of complete midfielder Steven Defour from FC Porto has long been on the list of PSV, but the club is likely to be the focus shift. "That moment is getting closer," said Brands. "We want Defour still love to have, but have so far not been met in Porto."

depends on the price i guess. 10 mil and below sounds fine bsaed on you tube videos. go have a look, the boy is strong, fast, can dribble, can shoot, keeps his head up... reminds me of a right sided Bale.

£10m for someone who, using your words, is 'strong, fast, can dribble, can shoot, keeps his head up... reminds me of a right sided Bale' ?????? Based on that description he should cost about £30m. Expecting to get him for £10m is unrealistic - you might have done so 5-10 years ago but not today

Why would we want this guy if we have Townsend? Depay is no better.

Really? Wonder whether that means you have a much higher opinion of Townsend than me, or a lower opinion of Depay. We need options and depth anyway so I would view Depay in relation to Chadli (huge upgrade) given that its appears Chadli will be the one which is replaced

A lot of people will be eating their words in regards to Townsend next season (most will claim they always believed in him).

Depay is the player Townsend would be if he could play football.

jeez you can be harsh :)......i think Townsend could look world class in the Eredivisie too. Im not saying that Depay isnt a good player, just that the PL is a big step up from where he has made his name so far. Chadli used to tear it up on the left side in Holland too

I hope Townsend makes it at Spurs but he needs a mindset change. The injury he had last season really has derailed him and could not have come at a worse time for him. When he came back from the injury he was in total 'look at me' mode to try and catch Hodgson's eye for the world cup squad, and his preseason outings are just a continuation from that as far as I can see. His decision making on the pitch is awful at the moment and he really needs to sort this out if he wants to make any sort of impact at Spurs. I'm hoping Poch can work a bit of magic on him and set him on the right path.

Depay looks the business though and he's certainly an upgrade on the Chadli we've seen so far. That is not to say that Chadli won't come good but Depay looks a superstar in the making.

A lot of people will be eating their words in regards to Townsend next season (most will claim they always believed in him).

I'm happy to give him another 12 months, but I do think we need to decide between him and Lennon at somepoint and bring in a LWF in their place.

Personally I'd be tempted to keep Townsend of the two due to his versatility and age.

I think this decision will probably wait till January though, as I think we will wait for Rodriguez over moving for Depay.

Back