• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memphis Depay

Chadli + cash would be a good deal. Help us keep the squad size down and upgrade. Chadli has more to do, there is no doubt. He can be a better player than we've seen. How much better I don't know. Those who see the training may know. But this guy looks to have more drive. Likes taking on players. Fast feet and critically looks like he'll score goals. He's also younger than Chadli. Lets hope their is some truth in it.

The Mirror is one of the worst tho. I wouldn't put any weight on their reports.

PSV director Marcel Brands in De Telegraaf: "We haven't heard anything from Spurs for Depay. We don't want to sell."

Memphis stories denied
MM asking price 39m
JR and MS going cold

Are we gonna get anyone good or is this going to end in another we are getting David Villa and Benteke aka Dempsey and Sigurdson summer

Memphis stories denied
MM asking price 39m
JR and MS going cold

Are we gonna get anyone good or is this going to end in another we are getting David Villa and Benteke aka Dempsey and Sigurdson summer

Haven't we bought 3 players already?

Memphis stories denied
MM asking price 39m
JR and MS going cold

For some reason, I'm very confident that the Musacchio deal will be done eventually.

Schneiderlin is still likely, IMO, but it could be touch and go. If we don't get him, it won't greatly matter. We have plenty of options already at the club - albeit that they're not as Pochettino-ready as Schneiderlin.

As to the other two, it would surely be one or the other? Maybe neither will happen but, again, we already have plenty of options.

Musacchio is the only urgent signing.

For some reason, I'm very confident that the Musacchio deal will be done eventually.

Schneiderlin is still likely, IMO, but it could be touch and go. If we don't get him, it won't greatly matter. We have plenty of options already at the club - albeit that they're not as Pochettino-ready as Schneiderlin.

As to the other two, it would surely be one or the other? Maybe neither will happen but, again, we already have plenty of options.

Musacchio is the only urgent signing.

CB, CM, LWF are all as urgent as each other. Depending on your aspirations for the club at least. If you only want top 6 then they are not urgent.

If we have a bad start then there is even less chance we would get a player of Memphis and MM's calibre in January. By that time those players stock would have risen and will be out of our league.

Off the top of my head MS and Memphis are the only top players in their respective positions (which are not pipe dreams such as Draxler and Lars Bender) that are yet to be at a big club. If we don't get them now we could be well behind the big teams by January who will improve even further and be even more beyond our reach which could have a lasting effect on the club.

Hence... they are urgent

Last edited:
CB, CM, LWF are all as urgent as each other. Depending on your aspirations for the club at least. If you only want top 6 then they are not urgent.

If we have a bad start then there is even less chance we would get a player of Memphis and MM's calibre in January. By that time those players stock would have risen and will be out of our league.

Off the top of my head MS and Memphis are the only top players in their respective positions (which are not pipe dreams such as Draxler and Lars Bender) that are yet to be at a big club. If we don't get them now we could be well behind the big teams by January who will improve even further and be even more beyond our reach which could have a lasting effect on the club.

Hence... they are urgent

I think I agree with you but you need to consider the home grown quota so we do not have overseas players not used but still picking up wages! probably the reason we are trying swap deals. these targets probably are essential, mussachio for me and a goalscorer, I think were pretty cool in midfield and have lots of options.

we need to move some players on really before we can commit to big deals. I hope we plan for next transfer window, so we can go and get our targets nice and early without worrying about quota's.

Hence... they are urgent

I disagree.

One of the reasons why we appointed Poch was because of his ability to transform players from the ordinary to the excellent. We have a big squad. We already had good options in every position other than left back and centre back. We've sorted out the former. We still need to sort out the latter.

I'd be happy to sign Rodriguez or Depay but I'd be even happier if Poch could turn Chadli into the player we bought him to be; if he could set Lamela back on the path to becoming a worldie; if he could continue the promising signs in pre season of reinvigorating Lennon's Spurs career; if he could teach Townsend some tactical intelligence to go with his natural ability; if he could bring the best out of Holtby; if he could build on Eriksen's promising start to his time at Spurs; if he could find a gem or two from within the academy.......and so on.

Same is true of centre midfield. Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho, Mason, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby again.....I'd love us to sign Schneiderlin but I'd also like to see what Poch can do with the players already on our books.

The insatiable hunger for new signings is like a kid wanting all the new toys for Christmas, just because they've been advertised on television, while overlooking all the toys he's already been given but has never played with. So wasteful.

Back