• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

If Poch gets sacked from PSG, Goes to United, and it doesn't work out (Tries to get them back on track but fails).. Would you still want him back in 2 years time etc. I'm just wondering if it would change peoples views or whether they would always take him back?
Yes if we are firmly mid table by then and no better coach wants the job.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Mopo has overseen the worst season PSG have had since the murderers took over according to Julien Laurens
What about the years they came 2nd in a 1 doped horse race? Or is it because the expectations were raised when Messi’s brother was signed ?

If Poch gets sacked from PSG, Goes to United, and it doesn't work out (Tries to get them back on track but fails).. Would you still want him back in 2 years time etc. I'm just wondering if it would change peoples views or whether they would always take him back?

Yes, not because its poch, but because utd is not the club it once was.
They haven't realised that yet and are doomed to relative failure regardless of who the manager is.
Similar to us, they are yet to realise that just spending a lot money on players and bringing in a good players isn't going to hack.
They need to succeed from the top. Any top manager going there without assurances that the club structure will change is deluded, doing it for the money or to just have a job.

Poch and PSG are the wrong fit for each other apart from getting the no trophy monkey off his back. I wouldn’t like to see him going to Man U but I think it’ll happen before the start of next season. They’ve flirted with him for so long it seems like now or never. Would prefer he went to e.g. Valencia or Bilbao or even Atletico, that level of club just behind the top tier would suit him best I feel.

Poch had mentioned it several times. Most of us on here haven't a fudging clue about football (me excepted of course! ;) )

Would love to see how many here have any deeper thoughts on what it might be like working for blood money billionaires who buy the shiniest things even if they don't fit the scheme. I firmly believe Pochettino is told he must play Messi and Neymar whenever both are fit and they must remain on the pitch. He subbed Messi once and it was headline news for two or three days. Insane. Everyone saw that Messi and Neymar were costing PSG last night, even at 1 up. I felt Poch made a mistake with Parades sub as he was bossing it, but given the bloke was working to make up for the absent efforts of others, he was likely knackered.

The Poch-Spurs bashers will never change, sadly context does not exist in those discussions.

I wouldn't want him right now, Conte deserves a fair shot at it and he's a top manager.

But sounds like you don't necessarily ever want him back - how come? For me, the best manager we've had since Bill Nic (I know there's a strong argument for Burkinshaw), I'd have him back in a few years in a heartbeat.

You are right i do not dream of him coming back here, nothing against Poch but for all he did for us he (like the team ) failed to get us over the finishing line on a couple of occasions. Before anyone jumps on me i did say at the time we sacked him it was the wrong thing to do and i w ould have left him in to see the season out. However i really do not see that bringing him back would be the right thing.

You are right i do not dream of him coming back here, nothing against Poch but for all he did for us he (like the team ) failed to get us over the finishing line on a couple of occasions. Before anyone jumps on me i did say at the time we sacked him it was the wrong thing to do and i w ould have left him in to see the season out. However i really do not see that bringing him back would be the right thing.

I would only have him back if he has learnt his lesson, and we have learnt ours.
Like any manager or player i won't him here if he is going to be good for us, not for sentimental reasons or to get the fans off levys back.
It must be for the correct reasons.
No one is more important than the club.

I am torn on this. Emotionally I would be delighted, practically I cannot help but feel it would ultimately not work.
My thoughts too. I can but imagine the rush I’d get if he was announced new manager, but I have a feeling it would all end in tears again.

I genuinely think he’ll be our manager next season. I think if there’s a sniff that he’s available, Levy will be straight on the phone to him to stop him going to United. He’ll make up some rooster and bull story to Conte about ‘finances still being tight post Covid’, he’ll walk and hey presto, here comes Poch.

It funny how some Utd fans this week are now trying to convince themselves he’s not good enough for them on the back of this result. It’s madness. They need a figurehead to unite the club and he’d do that masterfully.

Just my twopenneths.

I really find some of the stuff said against Poch astonishing! Given that we have had 3 managers since who have so far failed to make us look even remotely like a top 4 team. As for PSG, I think he's now been there one full season. Has them 13 points ahead in the league and has already won 2 trophies. Commentators in France have wanted him to fail from the outset ( plus a few Spurs fan who want to vindicate their view of him as a serial failure).

I can't think of any manager, apart from Di Matteo, at a club who have no pedigree of previously winning the champions league who has then won the trophy in their first season. IIRC he beat this Real Madrid team comprehensively when managing Spurs. For PSG to win, they need to rebalance the squad. He would need to strip out all the fancy dans and has beens that litter the PSG squad and rebuild like he did at Spurs. Unfortunately the owners just want the marquee signings. Next season will be interesting for PSG when they lose Mbappe their talisman and the player that carries the entire team, Messi Neymar and all. No wonder PSG are doing everything they can to keep him.

Last edited:
I wonder if we get to a final whether he would say the days before that he would leave if we won.

Was never impressed in the FA cup semi finals or champs league or league cup final with the tactics he played. Wonder whether the academy players would mind having to stay at the club rather then get league experience.

The problem of managing PSG is that PSG are more of a brand than a football club. A brand desperate to win the CL, but letting marketing get in the way of a coach building a squad to play in a certain style.

Back