• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Another presser, another question, another ambiguous answer. Or is it lost in translation?

Can I clarify what you meant by if you win the Champions League it's time to go home? Or were you joking?

It’s not a joke, why?

It makes it sound like you might leave if you win the Champions League?

Maybe I work with Daniel, sitting, working in different for sure. To win the Champions League with Tottenham, in these circumstances, in this season, maybe I need to think a little bit to do something different in the future, for sure. Because to repeat this miracle, you know...But for sure I hope home. Whatever happens tomorrow, I go home.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...ettino-aurier-lamela-vertonghen-ajax-16240119
He won't leave.

Incredible stupid comments from Poch, if you ask me. I can't understand why he would say such things the day before one of the biggest games in the club's history. Why risk causing insecurity amongst players and fans? If this is part of a cunning plan to motivate the players, I really can't see how that would work. What is he trying to achieve? He has said stupid things in the media in the past too, but this takes the biscuit. If he really is considering leaving, he should have kept it to himself until the season is over. And if it is some kind of joke, I don't get it. If we were to get to the final now, and Poch doesn't retract his comments, we'd almost be worried about winning it. Sometimes I think that Poch is clever when it comes to football, but otherwise extremely thick. At least he needs to learn to think before he talks.

Incredible stupid comments from Poch, if you ask me. I can't understand why he would say such things the day before one of the biggest games in the club's history. Why risk causing insecurity amongst players and fans? If this is part of a cunning plan to motivate the players, I really can't see how that would work. What is he trying to achieve? He has said stupid things in the media in the past too, but this takes the biscuit. If he really is considering leaving, he should have kept it to himself until the season is over. And if it is some kind of joke, I don't get it. If we were to get to the final now, and Poch doesn't retract his comments, we'd almost be worried about winning it. Sometimes I think that Poch is clever when it comes to football, but otherwise extremely thick. At least he needs to learn to think before he talks.
Oh.come on those comments will not mean brick to the players.

He winds the press uo all the time an claims its lost in translation

He may do. I still don’t see the point in what he’s said today.

Making the narrative about him rather than the team?
Although normally a manager would do that after a defeat, not ahead of a game.

I think he’s just joking that if we win the final he’ll have performed a miracle given everything we’ve had to contend with this season and how can he to that again?
He mentions talking to Levy about doing something different so I don’t think he means he will leave.
Who knows.
Let’s win it first and then all will be revealed!

I for one take no heed of such statements in random interviews. Had he gone on to say he'd stay forever because he loved the Tottingham while kissing the badge, then I'd start to get REALLY nervous.

lol, calm down and breathe.

my guess is that he is expressing that it would be quite an achievement, and going home is probably some nuanced cultural analogy used to describe that event (like kingdom come - never does), which is more figurative than factual.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We won't be winning the CL. I wouldn't bet against 4-0 wins for Arse and Everton on Sunday either, come to that. One last sting in the tail and a big ROFL for the football gods as we end up 5th on goals scored. Let's not forget it's Spurs we're talking about here.

Back