• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Yep. Here we are on the cusp of reaching two massive goals, the CL final and top four, we need every member of the squad to give it their all to get over the line and he goes and gives out the message that even if they succeed they're basically not good enough.

You wonder what the hell has got into him because frankly his timing could not be more crass.

Generally his messages are spot on, as I've said in the past I watch all his pressers.. I think on this occasion he's got it wrong.

Generally his messages are spot on, as I've said in the past I watch all his pressers.. I think on this occasion he's got it wrong.

Yeah, I think he's got it wrong on a few occasions. Quite a few times he's gone with the "just happy to be here" rhetoric when we've got in positions to win. He's also spoke less than glowingly about the squad at the wrong times in my view (from memory after Burnley and again last week).

In his defence, like you say, he's usually pretty good and he's actually right in what he's saying. If I was him and Levy was saying "not sure we'll have any/much money this year Mauricio", I'd consider walking. He has us overachieving for so long now that us performing at par will be seen as failure and tarnish his reputation. And he can't keep us punching above our weight forever.

QUOTE="afsoc4life, post: 1189177, member: 10104"]I see it another way. Those players have to prove that they can and want to be a part of the next chapter. Who doesn't want to should be sold.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I dont have a problem with his comments. Most players who start either today or on Wed won't be impacted by the summer transfer activity anyway

I agree. I dont have a problem with his comments. Most players who start either today or on Wed won't be impacted by the summer transfer activity anyway

If I was Trippier, Rose, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Moura, Lamela, id be wondering if I’m getting moved on in the summer after those comments. We’d be relying on some or most of them on Wednesday.

If I was Trippier, Rose, Davies, Dier, Moura, Lamela, id be wondering if I’m getting moved on in the summer after those comments. We’d be relying on some or most of them on Wednesday.

Lamela is injured so won't feature
I dont see any indications that any of Moura, Dier or Davies are remotely likely to be sold
Trippier really is first choice player in greatest danger of being sold, but if he's reading the papers then he's being linked to a lot of decent teams - Man U, Athletico, Napoli etc

Lamela is injured so won't feature
I dont see any indications that any of Moura, Dier or Davies are remotely likely to be sold
Trippier really is first choice player in greatest danger of being sold, but if he's reading the papers then he's being linked to a lot of decent teams - Man U, Athletico, Napoli etc

Poch is clearly saying we need to upgrade on players to compete. Those lads have all been on the fringes of the team for the season and aren’t regulars. The only people who would be justified thinking they are regulars are Hugo, Jan, Toby, Winks, Eriksen, Son, Kane and Alli. Maybe Sissoko. All the rest would be wondering.

Poch is clearly saying we need to upgrade on players to compete. Those lads have all been on the fringes of the team for the season and aren’t regulars. The only people who would be justified thinking they are regulars are Hugo, Jan, Toby, Winks, Eriksen, Son, Kane and Alli. Maybe Sissoko. All the rest would be wondering.

I suspect that even some of those who think they are first team regulars are not safe.

If I was Trippier, Rose, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Moura, Lamela, id be wondering if I’m getting moved on in the summer after those comments. We’d be relying on some or most of them on Wednesday.

Don’t think we should even entertain the idea of selling Moura or rose. The rest are expendable tbh but I’d probs keep Dier but not as a starter.

'We need to accept the decision of the referee and move on.'

Poch, I love you, but why?

Seriously. I don't get his Jesus-like forbearance toward these c*nts - dominating them and making them quiver in their boots when considering giving a decision against us is needed if we want to win consistently.

Fergie did it, and Poch learns from and looks up to Fergie. Why doesn't he?

He gets the benefit of the doubt from me on this, but it is strange.

This end of season collapse is a recurring nightmare one I think Poch will walk away from in the close season whether we qualify for champions league or not.

Seriously. I don't get his Jesus-like forbearance toward these c*nts - dominating them and making them quiver in their boots when considering giving a decision against us is needed if we want to win consistently.

I guess after his two game ban he’s a tad shy about complaining about the ref.

Yep I agree pressure needs applying to the ref. He lost the plot against Burnley so I know he cares but the club as a whole is a pushover. Then when they react it is like son in the wrong manner.

Arsenal the other week were applying pressure to the ref in the press before the game.

There’s no way Poch walks. No way

Agree with you that he won't walk, assuming he gets sufficient funds this summer to solve the issues with the squad AND we don't ask for such ridiculous fees for the deadwood in the squad that we're unable to shift them

Results over the next week though will make a monumental difference to how easy/hard it is to bring players in in the summer

I agree he could be a little more forceful rather than nicey nice at times but you have to be clever with when to do these things. Firstly he’s not long been back from a two game ban, and secondly it’s hard to argue with either red card so would be a waste of time anyway....

Back