• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think that whether you believe that Tielemans turned us down in favor of guaranteed first team football at Monaco or that we decided that we didn't need him because we had Winks coming through depends entirely on what conclusions you want to make.

For clarification I was talking about in January when he signed for Leicester on loan

Fair point if that’s what went on at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Didn’t realize to be honest. But we need better than Nando or Janssen and we aren’t gonna get a top striker with Kane obviously the main man.

I think it’s a bit of conjecture and spin
Don’t forget he was a in a Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that was being tinkle poorly managed

We will have to look for players this summer for sure, however our biggest problem this season is that we have had more then our fair share of injurys. Now i know that injurys are part of the game but i have never known us to suffer as many as we have this year.

Grealish is a talented lad. Remains to be seen if he can cut it at PL and CL level but I think he’s worth a punt. Mitrovic is a horrible bastard to play against and better than Janssen and Llorente. Would be worried if we would play to his strengths but we’d be limited in what we could attract because of Kane so worth a punt imo.

I don’t think we need a Kane back up. We need a Son back up.

Son is obviously the plan B when Kane is out, with Llorente as plan C.

So we need someone versatile who can play across the front three and rotate with Son and Moura when Kane is playing and step in for Son when Son steps in for Kane.

We’ll never get good enough like for like back up for Kane so we’ll have to do it differently.

I don’t think we need a Kane back up. We need a Son back up.

Son is obviously the plan B when Kane is out, with Llorente as plan C.

So we need someone versatile who can play across the front three and rotate with Son and Moura when Kane is playing and step in for Son when Son steps in for Kane.

We’ll never get good enough like for like back up for Kane so we’ll have to do it differently.

Well maybe we can get a half way house

Son is very different to Kane and the team play different due to that

It’s something that can work if planned but isn’t an obvious tactical change (although it did work vs City)

Having a hold up player who can actually run would be a nice option and then sonny is really an alternative as well as a Plan B as he will start so many games playing with Kane

I suspect we are trying to see if Janssen is good enough as third choice striker whilst we have the path mapped for Parrot for a few years time.
If not Janssen, I think we'll be looking for an experienced striker looking for a last payday.

I suspect we are trying to see if Janssen is good enough as third choice striker whilst we have the path mapped for Parrot for a few years time.
If not Janssen, I think we'll be looking for an experienced striker looking for a last payday.
More likely our striker shortage has given us a chance to put Jansen in the shop window in time for the summer horsetrading.

A bit odd, this. None of the youth watchers seem to rate him.

Saw a video on sky the other day, Poch getting interviewed and being asked the most searched terms (relating to him) on google.

One was about his son, and his response was basically that his boy loves playing and he wants to give him a chance to make it.

That doesnt mean with us, IMO.

Our academy produces many many players that dont make the team but do make it as professionals, Id be tempted to think at this point thats where Jr is heading and that Poch is just trying to give him that chance.

A bit odd, this. None of the youth watchers seem to rate him.

Keeps Poch happy and increases the chances he stays with us.

Seems exceedingly unlikely he'll stay with us long term as a senior player but as long as he gets to train and learn in a top academy environment, it increases his chances of making it as a pro somewhere I guess.

Something I'm sure both he and Poch senior will appreciate.

If Poch was snowing any nepotism towards his son...he wouldn’t be Poch.

Of course he would. Family first.

Jnr has this deal because of who his dad is, Ive no doubt.

Its harmless to the club, but potentially life changing to the boy.

It wouldnt be Poch if Jnr made it all the way to the first team without actually being good enough, imo.

Back