• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

And I thought I was negative ;)

Tripps was good for a year, maybe he’s just knackered from lack of rest, too early to write off Aurier or KWP imo.

Eriksen, Lamela, Winks, again, overworked and rushed back from injury too early. Son is our backup striker and he’s great, arguably as good overall as Kane. Again, too early to judge Skipp, he’s done well so far imo.

Poch is great at many things, but this isn’t the first season we’ve hit a wall.

Haha I’d usually consider myself reasonably positive. But we have to be realistic. If these lads were in Arsenal’s side we’d think they weren’t good enough.

Trippier has never been a good enough right back. He had a good World Cup as a wing back but he’s always been ordinary at best in a 4.

Lamela has spent most of the last few years injured and bar a spell at the end of last season and the start of this, he’s been ordinary. We’re rushing Winks back and playing Eriksen because we have no like for like replacements. That means we have issues with our squad.

Skipp has never played very well for us in his limited appearances. The fact Poch plays a left back ahead of him on midfield doesn’t bode well. Ditto KWP at full back.

We’re hitting a wall because our squad is weak once you get past the first 14 or 15.

Bearing in mind you are an office worker, you’d be more use to us than grealish or mitrovic imo.

Grealish is a talented lad. Remains to be seen if he can cut it at PL and CL level but I think he’s worth a punt. Mitrovic is a horrible bastard to play against and better than Janssen and Llorente. Would be worried if we would play to his strengths but we’d be limited in what we could attract because of Kane so worth a punt imo.

Haha I’d usually consider myself reasonably positive. But we have to be realistic. If these lads were in Arsenal’s side we’d think they weren’t good enough.

Trippier has never been a good enough right back. He had a good World Cup as a wing back but he’s always been ordinary at best in a 4.

Lamela has spent most of the last few years injured and bar a spell at the end of last season and the start of this, he’s been ordinary. We’re rushing Winks back and playing Eriksen because we have no like for like replacements. That means we have issues with our squad.

Skipp has never played very well for us in his limited appearances. The fact Poch plays a left back ahead of him on midfield doesn’t bode well. Ditto KWP at full back.

We’re hitting a wall because our squad is weak once you get past the first 14 or 15.
They have to somehow grind out the last games of the season and hopefully Levy will open his cheque book for the summer. Then we’ll see how Poch can tweak this squad. And the injuries we’ve had this season have really taken their toll.

They have to somehow grind out the last games of the season and hopefully Levy will open his cheque book for the summer. Then we’ll see how Poch can tweak this squad. And the injuries we’ve had this season have really taken their toll.

Yep injuries have been horrific. Don’t think the Dippers have had major injuries like us for example. If VVD, Mane or Salah had had a couple of months out they’d have dropped a lot more points.

Grealish is a talented lad. Remains to be seen if he can cut it at PL and CL level but I think he’s worth a punt. Mitrovic is a horrible bastard to play against and better than Janssen and Llorente. Would be worried if we would play to his strengths but we’d be limited in what we could attract because of Kane so worth a punt imo.

If Grealish was good enough for the top end of the PL villa would have 200 points by now.

Mitrovic is a target man effective against retreating teams, if he played for us he’d be trying to find space against the back 10 we are always trying to pick through, he’d be no more effective than Llorente in that situation imo.

Bearing in mind I’m an office worker rather than a football scout, I’m probably not best placed to comment but...

I’d look for Wan Bissaka, Sessegnon, De Ligt, Ndombele, Grealish, Mitrovic. We won’t get them all but they pretty much fit the profile of the type of players we buy and should be reasonably realistic. They’d all also address a shortcoming in our squad and improve what we have. No squad is perfect but we have a lot of problems with ours.

See I agree with your principles but that slightly contradicts your comments about pools signing as how many of these aren proven to be very good in the positions their in?

Pool payed big money (the kind some of these would command) for players with serious experience

Wan Bissaka would be silly money for a kid with 1 season and no international experience

Sessegnon would too

If Grealish was good enough for the top end of the PL villa would have 200 points by now.

Mitrovic is a target man effective against retreating teams, if he played for us he’d be trying to find space against the back 10 we are always trying to pick through, he’d be no more effective than Llorente in that situation imo.
For the amount of game time he’d get he’d be the size of current day Neil Ruddock as well. You just have to look at his time at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to see how useless he is as a sub.

When he plays regularly he’s good, but obviously not in the same league as Kane.

But who would the replace in the squad?
In the basis we already have too many players to fit in the squad, we can’t even have Jansenn on the bench Tuesday

We're short up top. We have 6 players who Poch is happy to pick (Kane, Son, Dele, Eriksen, lamela and Moura) for 4 positions. You should have two per position.

Even if you include Llorente, though he's really a last resort rather than someone who Poch actively looks to play, we're 1 short but really we're 2 short - 6 players cover 4 positions.

In CM, we have 4 players (Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko and Winks) but the balance isnt great given that only one of them is comfortable on the ball.

See I agree with your principles but that slightly contradicts your comments about pools signing as how many of these aren proven to be very good in the positions their in?

Pool payed big money (the kind some of these would command) for players with serious experience

Wan Bissaka would be silly money for a kid with 1 season and no international experience

Sessegnon would too

The players Liverpool signed weren’t sure fire successes apart from Allison. Like many I thought they overpaid for VVD but he looks great value now. Fabinho has been good, Keita is coming on and Robertson has been outstanding but none were proven.

It’s difficult to have this conversation on here because any criticism of our transfer policy is met with “well who would you sign.” Aside from the fact that none of us are experts, whoever you name will be met with “they aren’t good enough/proven” or “we couldn’t get a player like that.” The point is, we’re short with our first team squad in key areas and are seeing it now. Anyone denying that is sticking their head in the sand.

Sessegnon will be a player though. Not massively familiar with Wan Bissaka but he’s looked good when I’ve seen him and much better than what we have.

For the amount of game time he’d get he’d be the size of current day Neil Ruddock as well. You just have to look at his time at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to see how useless he is as a sub.

When he plays regularly he’s good, but obviously not in the same league as Kane.

Don’t buy that about his weight. He may not get the 90 mins game time every week but Poch wouldn’t have him sitting on his hole in training all week.

We're short up top. We have 6 players who Poch is happy to pick (Kane, Son, Dele, Eriksen, lamela and Moura) for 4 positions. You should have two per position.

Even if you include Llorente, though he's really a last resort rather than someone who Poch actively looks to play, we're 1 short but really we're 2 short - 6 players cover 4 positions.

In CM, we have 4 players (Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko and Winks) but the balance isnt great given that only one of them is comfortable on the ball.

The issue comes in carrying injury prone or immobile players who are detrimental to the way we play or take up squad space (Llorente or Lamela for example) but we can’t do anything until their sold as they take up wages

The players Liverpool signed weren’t sure fire successes apart from Allison. Like many I thought they overpaid for VVD but he looks great value now. Fabinho has been good, Keita is coming on and Robertson has been outstanding but none were proven.

It’s difficult to have this conversation on here because any criticism of our transfer policy is met with “well who would you sign.” Aside from the fact that none of us are experts, whoever you name will be met with “they aren’t good enough/proven” or “we couldn’t get a player like that.” The point is, we’re short with our first team squad in key areas and are seeing it now. Anyone denying that is sticking their head in the sand.

Sessegnon will be a player though. Not massively familiar with Wan Bissaka but he’s looked good when I’ve seen him and much better than what we have.

Wan Bissaka has looked very very good... but £40/£50m will be the asking price and that got city Kyle Walker who was comfortably the best around at the time

Sessegnon will become a player I agree but again it has to be for the right price based on where he is at which isn’t what Fulham will ask I believe

Wan Bissaka has looked very very good... but £40/£50m will be the asking price and that got city Kyle Walker who was comfortably the best around at the time

Sessegnon will become a player I agree but again it has to be for the right price based on where he is at which isn’t what Fulham will ask I believe

Both fair points but that’s sort of where the market is.

With Sessegnon, I’m hoping the fact he had a tough and disappointing season (in a poor team) and the fact Fulham went down might help us.

Levy can’t play silly buggers either. Fair enough he doesn’t want to overpay but he shouldn’t lowball ridiculously either. That said, I’m sure he knows the art of negotiation better than me.

Don’t buy that about his weight. He may not get the 90 mins game time every week but Poch wouldn’t have him sitting on his hole in training all week.
Neither did Saudi Sportswashing Machine yet he did put on weight, or is Poch the only one who really trains players? At the end of the day we’ve only got one example of him being a bit part player and that happened. We’ve also got examples of both Jansen and Nando getting limited game time and looking rusty when called upon. Thirdly I just don’t think he suits our style, unless it’s the last 5 minute panic when we need a goal, that we do use on those few occasions. The clues are all there, it doesn’t bode well.

I have no idea if it is true but there are lots of rumours around that we had a chance of signing Youri Tielemans but Poch was not sure about him. If that is true, and I am not saying it is, I would suggest that that was deal that Spurs totally screwed up

I have no idea if it is true but there are lots of rumours around that we had a chance of signing Youri Tielemans but Poch was not sure about him. If that is true, and I am not saying it is, I would suggest that that was deal that Spurs totally screwed up

I think that whether you believe that Tielemans turned us down in favor of guaranteed first team football at Monaco or that we decided that we didn't need him because we had Winks coming through depends entirely on what conclusions you want to make.

I think that whether you believe that Tielemans turned us down in favor of guaranteed first team football at Monaco or that we decided that we didn't need him because we had Winks coming through depends entirely on what conclusions you want to make.

I think he mean something in January

Neither did Saudi Sportswashing Machine yet he did put on weight, or is Poch the only one who really trains players? At the end of the day we’ve only got one example of him being a bit part player and that happened. We’ve also got examples of both Jansen and Nando getting limited game time and looking rusty when called upon. Thirdly I just don’t think he suits our style, unless it’s the last 5 minute panic when we need a goal, that we do use on those few occasions. The clues are all there, it doesn’t bode well.

I assume this is about Mitrovic and if so I don’t see us getting a better alternative personally unless we have a youngster ready. I also don’t think he would come here as he will have enough suitors

Irrespective of Winks coming through we were lacking depth in midfield or have you forgotten we had just lost Dembele while Wanyama and Dier were experiencing serious fitness problems at the time and we were still in 3 competitions. As to your other point there is no evidence to suggest that he turned as down rather that we did not go in for him.

Fair point if that’s what went on at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Didn’t realize to be honest. But we need better than Nando or Janssen and we aren’t gonna get a top striker with Kane obviously the main man.

Back