• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Here’s the thing about mental1ty - I know the circumstances were different, as were the teams, players, time of day, location, weather etc. BUT, how does this club go from having the steel and determination (and luck) to weather the storm against Dortmund and come away with a win, yet not show a fraction of that, especially in the second half, against Soton? Or at all against Burnley? Or again, a fraction at Cheat$ki and a tad more against the Goons?

Poch mentioned complacency and arrogance in his post-match presser. And if he can’t instill the ‘eye of the tiger’, ‘the right stuff’, the ‘balls’ then he needs to get a Steve Peters type in to help. Or some of the many psychological geniuses on GG.

That is the difference between making this squad decent and making this squad great. It frustrates us all that some of these lads hurl themselves to make heroic blocks against rockets on Tuesday, then almost get out of the way at a gentle ball rolled across the box. I have no idea what the real answer is, but trust that in these three weeks off Poch will work his beautiful Argie gonads off to fix things so our run in is ultimately successful and that we welcome NWHL with many points.

Here’s the thing about mental1ty - I know the circumstances were different, as were the teams, players, time of day, location, weather etc. BUT, how does this club go from having the steel and determination (and luck) to weather the storm against Dortmund and come away with a win, yet not show a fraction of that, especially in the second half, against Soton? Or at all against Burnley? Or again, a fraction at Cheat$ki and a tad more against the Goons?

Poch mentioned complacency and arrogance in his post-match presser. And if he can’t instill the ‘eye of the tiger’, ‘the right stuff’, the ‘balls’ then he needs to get a Steve Peters type in to help. Or some of the many psychological geniuses on GG.

That is the difference between making this squad decent and making this squad great. It frustrates us all that some of these lads hurl themselves to make heroic blocks against rockets on Tuesday, then almost get out of the way at a gentle ball rolled across the box. I have no idea what the real answer is, but trust that in these three weeks off Poch will work his beautiful Argie gonads off to fix things so our run in is ultimately successful and that we welcome NWHL with many points.

I agree with that. In some games we’ve shown remarkable steel, in others, we’ve been fairly pathetic.

Poch does like to talk in big picture and almost abstract terms to the media, I hope he doesn’t do that behind closed doors because there does need to be personal responsibility for some mistakes.

We’ve been weak far too often for it to be a coincidence. If it’s an area Poch cannot fix, he needs to get someone in to do it.

Very good post.
Maybe it stems from the fans singing "You're f**King s**t" at the opposition? Now that is arrogance!
Or maybe they're aiming it our players? :oops:

There's about as much chance of Levy sacking Pochettino as there is of me being made Pope IMO. Certain players are letting the side down, and that's where the focus belongs.

Yeah I see the parallels to 2012 (which in itself is incredible when you think the entire squad and management team is different - the one constant being its Spurs...) but redknapp was never levy’s ideal choice as manager whereas poch is.

If we end outside the top 4 (which for the record im now expecting 6th place due to some disgraceful individual and collective errors/performances) then poch will not leave. He’d no longer be flavour of the month and that is vital to get the madrid job. Ole has the united job sewn up too.

Poch would be here and a substantial culling would begin. But top players dont grow on trees and with EL and our budget I think it will be a long while before we are back in the CL again.

We need top replacents for the disgraceful trippier (and he deserves that tag, he has cost us so many goals and games its unbelievable) and rose who got trippiersitus yesterday. KWP and Foyth both look one to two years away from being ready. If chelsea get CL as I expect, they will take toby.

We need a beast in cm but difficult to get in the EL.

Eriksen will also leave.

Its a real shame that prick rabiot didnt sign in Jan.

We will have to shop for those youngsters again that are not quite considered definite world class stars of the future ie forget the likes of de ligt and instead more of the dele’s and erksen’s when we signed them. Basically more foyth’s but just have to hope they come off immediately like dele and eriksen did.

This is really sad times and no CL is imo a monumental set back for the club, im so so angry with the players for doing this.

Last edited:
Yeah I see the parallels to 2012 (which in itself is incredible when you think the entire squad and management team is different - the one constant being its Spurs...) but redknapp was never levy’s ideal choice as manager whereas poch is.

If we end outside the top 4 (which for the record im now expecting 6th place due to some disgraceful individual and collective errors/performances) then poch will not leave. He’d no longer be flavour of the month and that is vital to get the madrid job. Ole has the united job sewn up too.

Poch would be here and a substantial culling would begin. But top players dont grow on trees and with EL and our budget I think it will be a long while before we are back in the CL again.

We need top replacents for the disgraceful trippier (and he deserves that tag, he has cost us so many goals and games its unbelievable) and rose who got trippiersitus yesterday. KWP and Foyth both look one to two years away from being ready. If chelsea get CL as I expect, they will take toby.

We need a beast in cm but difficult to get in the EL.

Eriksen will also leave.

Its a real shame that prick rabiot didnt sign in Jan.

We will have to shop for those youngsters again that are not quite considered definite world class stars of the future ie forget the likes of de ligt and instead more of the dele’s and erksen’s when we signed them. Basically more foyth’s but just have to hope they come off immediately like dele and eriksen did.

This is really sad times and no CL is imo a monumental set back for the club, im so so angry with the players for doing this.
Good that Eriksen would leave IMO but the biggest worry would be Dele and Kane. Kane can go anywhere he wants and no CL is massive. Wouldn't surprise me if Real did a double raid for 300m or something and that would be hard to turn down. Kane would be 26 and needs to go elsewhere to win trophies sooner rather than later or risk be forgotten about in 20 years time.

If Kane wanted to leave I wouldn't blame him he's better than all the players hes playing with and deserves to have some trophies. Id jump ship if I had the chance and leave all my loser team mates behind. Spain over UK any day of the week.

Good that Eriksen would leave IMO but the biggest worry would be Dele and Kane. Kane can go anywhere he wants and no CL is massive. Wouldn't surprise me if Real did a double raid for 300m or something and that would be hard to turn down. Kane would be 26 and needs to go elsewhere to win trophies sooner rather than later or risk be forgotten about in 20 years time.

If Kane wanted to leave I wouldn't blame him he's better than all the players hes playing with and deserves to have some trophies. Id jump ship if I had the chance and leave all my loser team mates behind. Spain over UK any day of the week.

No they’d both be with us for at least 2 more years imo.

Significant change would already be happening and levy would not allow their sale too.

As I said in another thread if we get EL and due to the dire consequences of that imo, hopefully we get a Emirates Marketing Project style takeover.

Feel ashamed saying that but I cant go back to the days of 6th place and going out in the EL QF.

For me Porch has made 2 big mistakes recently...

We won all four league games without Harry and after being out for 6 weeks he comes straight back into the side... It has almost looked as if the whole team relaxed and thought that's alright Harry is back... Son has gone back into his shell and not really played that well since... Poch should have shown more faith in a winning team and kept them all focused and Harry hungry...

Since Harry came back we have 1 point from 12 instead of 12 from 12...

Secondly, Eriksen should have been dropped weeks ago... He looks half hearted but he is one of Poch's favourites so doesn't want to upset him.. He is too frightened to even take him off taking corners when we all know he has been f...ING useless at them for years...

I am really p...ed off..

For me Porch has made 2 big mistakes recently...

We won all four league games without Harry and after being out for 6 weeks he comes straight back into the side... It has almost looked as if the whole team relaxed and thought that's alright Harry is back... Son has gone back into his shell and not really played that well since... Poch should have shown more faith in a winning team and kept them all focused and Harry hungry...

Since Harry came back we have 1 point from 12 instead of 12 from 12...

Secondly, Eriksen should have been dropped weeks ago... He looks half hearted but he is one of Poch's favourites so doesn't want to upset him.. He is too frightened to even take him off taking corners when we all know he has been f...ING useless at them for years...

I am really p...ed off..

Its a coincidence mate, we were mostly dog brick without Harry and got lucky.

We deserved to get spanked by Leicester and got fortunate wins over fulham amongst others.

This idea that we would have been better off easing Harry back is utterly ridiculous and it serves zero purpose discussing it.

Apart from a few league games ( chelscum at home, man u second half of both games and Emirates Marketing Project) we have not been very good in the league this season...

We kept hearing the line....if you can win playing poorly it is a good sign...but that's only if you do actually start playing consistently well...

All our champions league performance s have been good strangely though and we deserved a lot more from the first three group games..

It's funny old game, of varying opinions, but I still feel Harry was put back in too early...

Its a coincidence mate, we were mostly dog brick without Harry and got lucky.

We deserved to get spanked by Leicester and got fortunate wins over fulham amongst others.

This idea that we would have been better off easing Harry back is utterly ridiculous and it serves zero purpose discussing it.

We didn’t we fortunate in those games

We were the better side

Leicester always gets brought up but we scored 3 goals. They missed a penalty and one decent chance before hand and that’s not luck, that’s a lack of quality

Fulham wasn’t fortunate either. Again we were the better side by some way, same as Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Half the team was out injured! How the fudge do you rotate when there are no players to rotate with??

There was players to rotate with, Llorente wasn’t injured for example, we still managed a full bench in those games, Kane and Eriksen should have spent some time on it instead of starting every single game when available.

Skipp, Amos (before the injury) and KWP could easily have been more involved, GKN and Janssen have been back in the squad recently but not been used.

There was players to rotate with, Llorente wasn’t injured for example, we still managed a full bench in those games, Kane and Eriksen should have spent some time on it instead of starting every single game when available.

Skipp, Amos (before the injury) and KWP could easily have been more involved, GKN and Janssen have been back in the squad recently but not been used.
Yeah...... No hindsight at all.
Poch is rubbish. You should obviously be the manager.

Yeah...... No hindsight at all.
Poch is rubbish. You should obviously be the manager.

Have we not seen a drop off in previous seasons too?

If you’ve seen efforts to mitigate and avoid that this season fair enough (and then maybe you should be the manager instead), but I haven’t.

Our current situation is entirely self inflicted.

Talking about possibilities is fine. Criticising Poch is fine too. He’s not without responsibility for recent results and he’s the first to accept that.

But there’s a couple of people saying it’s gone stale, some saying a change for everyone would be good and so on.

15 days ago, everyone on here was buzzing. We were in the title race and had just whacked Dortmund. No one was mentioning being stale. It’s taken 4 league games for those opinions to come out. 4. That’s pretty poor in my view.

I think we have looked a bit stale this season, though I put that down to not signing anybody as opposed to Poch. Even with some decent results, I can't really say we have been playing well this season.

For me, if Poch goes, it won't be because the club don't want him, it would be because he feels he can't do any more here. And we are probably reaching that point realistically, he's kept Champions League football going for a few years in a row to guide us into the new stadium. Hopefully will do that again for this season. But there isn't really much more he can do with the club given current resources, other than win a cup.

Since we finished 2nd to Chelsea (which is the best Spurs side I have seen in my lifetime) it feels like we have been treading water. There is no area of the team that has improved since that season, it's either stayed the same or gone backwards.

I hope he stays and is given what he needs to make us really competitive. But I could definitely understand why he might be tempted to go somewhere else if a really good offer came his way.

Have we not seen a drop off in previous seasons too?

If you’ve seen efforts to mitigate and avoid that this season fair enough (and then maybe you should be the manager instead), but I haven’t.

Our current situation is entirely self inflicted.

We have had some seasons under poch where we won every game towards the end havent we

The year Chelsea won the league was one I think

Back