• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Absolutely, suggesting action that drastic would be lunacy (I don’t think anyone is suggesting that though).

it’s the spineless cowardly squad we need to replace, every single one of them.
Great idea. Last time when we bought seven with the Bale money it went so well!

Losing faith in him. Losing 9 league games is far from the form that we’ve come to expect from him. He has created the higher expectation through his incredible achievements for us but this season feels like 2012 all over again. Commanding lead over Arsenal and then we tinkle it all away. 1 point in 4 matches and have gone from being an outside shot in the title race to being an outside shot for a top 4 place.

I will write more but what the actual fudge has happened?!! Why are we terrible now. Why are we looking tired, unmotivated and defending like kids? Something appears to have happened over the past year. If big changes aren’t made in the summer then all this good work will be undone.

I admire what pochettino has done for the club but just wondering why this season is such a mess and what next? And the buck stops at the managers doors who must get criticised with failure as he gets praised with success.

I’m confident he will leave during the summer. Either pushed or by his own choice.

For real?! fudging grow a pair.. If you were apart of a Poch squad you'd be bailed out in two minutes flat.

What a fudging fair-weather coward.

Sorry, but who is wishing him gone? All i see is laments on the fact that we may be reaching a point where he goes as things are stagnatiing etc, but i don't see anyone wanting him gone...

Why are you so much more active when we lose though? I think that's a fair question.

You're never posting three times a minute, praising Poch's success when we win.

Very telling for me.

Why are you so much more active when we lose though? I think that's a fair question.

You're never posting three times a minute, praising Poch's success when we win.

Very telling for me.

Are you doing your thought-police goose-stepping thing again?
I think you'll find i post when we win as well, but not myopically in a 'everything is awesome and nothing is wrong let's sing kumbiya' kind of way...perhaps the activity is more that people discuss contentiious points more?

Perhaps refrain form questioning individual posters' "motives" or "patterns" and just discuss the points raised instead...

Are you doing your thought-police goose-stepping thing again?
I think you'll find i post when we win as well, but not myopically in a 'everything is awesome and nothing is wrong let's sing kumbiya' kind of way...perhaps the activity is more that people discuss contentiious points more?

Perhaps refrain form questioning individual posters' "motives" or "patterns" and just discuss the points raised instead...

But all you do is raise the same nonsensical arguments time and time again. It's like debating with a toddler who just keeps retorting "...but why?"

We get it, you're miffed we didn't sign players in either of the last two transfer windows. You bleat on about it every chance you get, that's the reason for the stadium delays too yeah?

It's not the reason we're having a blip in form. They happen every single fudging season to every team. Even league winners.

You know why we're having a tough time, you've admitted it on several occasions. We're tired.

Yet you still persist with these extra jibes and jabs at other areas of the club that are totally unrelated. I don't understand it.

But all you do is raise the same nonsensical arguments time and time again. It's like debating with a toddler who just keeps retorting "...but why?"

We get it, you're miffed we didn't sign players in either of the last two transfer windows. You bleat on about it every chance you get, that's the reason for the stadium delays too yeah?

It's not the reason we're having a blip in form. They happen every single fudging season to every team. Even league winners.

You know why we're having a tough time, you've admitted it on several occasions. We're tired.

Yet you still persist with these extra jibes and jabs at other areas of the club that are totally unrelated. I don't understand it.

Nonsensical? Ok, why are we tired? Why are we having such a poor spring when nearly every season under Poch we drive forward as fast as a porsche at this time?
Why are we tired after 10 days off?
Take note of who we're losing to as well when you reply...and tell me how/why what i say is 'nonsensical'...

Nonsensical? Ok, why are we tired? Why are we having such a poor spring when nearly every season under Poch we drive forward as fast as a porsche at this time?
Why are we tired after 10 days off?
Take note of who we're losing to as well when you reply...and tell me how/why what i say is 'nonsensical'...

Because our squad played the most minutes at the world cup by some distance? We have had huge fixture congestion? We've had an unprecedented run with injuries?

We should have just sold all our world cup stars and signed a whole new squad though. Then we'd be flying. :ross:

The squad is deep and signing backups is difficult. In hindsight maybe we could have got a CM in to replace Dembele, but we have Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko and Skipp there. More than enough cover.

We took a chance on Dembele being capable this season and it backfired, I'll concede that. But our depth has just been tested in an extremely unusual way.

I'm certain we will look much better after three weeks off. Even if we don't I won't start yelling and screaming for Poch and the squad to be sacked and for us to start all over again.

Not saying you've called for that directly either, but some have and your posting stokes the fire for this kind of sentiment.

Because our squad played the most minutes at the world cup by some distance? We have had huge fixture congestion? We've had an unprecedented run with injuries?

We should have just sold all our world cup stars and signed a whole new squad though. Then we'd be flying. :ross:

The squad is deep and signing backups is difficult. In hindsight maybe we could have got a CM in to replace Dembele, but we have Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko and Skipp there. More than enough cover.

We took a chance on Dembele being capable this season and it backfired, I'll concede that. But our depth has just been tested in an extremely unusual way.

I'm certain we will look much better after three weeks off. Even if we don't I won't start yelling and screaming for Poch and the squad to be sacked and for us to start all over again.

Not saying you've called for that directly either, but some have and your posting stokes the fire for this kind of sentiment.

Funny, i've said most of that over months and yet you've called me nonsensical???o_O

That is, i thought we were ALREADY looking like we needed fresh input BEFORE the summer, let alone after a world cup when most of our squad participated in a a deep way and that if we didn't it would come back to bite us like it is now. Our schedule right now is no different to previous years; in fact i can't remember a time in February or March in recent years when we've had 10 days off save for international breaks, yet we came back even more limp than before vs Burnley, a sign of an accumulative effect of the squad having to be squeezed to the hilt which again with extra bodies especially in cm would likely have been mitigated against.

Lastly, you need to understand that there is a difference between 'screaming for Poch to be sacked' and pondering/worrying about the consequences of whether our poor run can actually be reversed in time to clinch a top 4 place. You also need to understand that a forum will naturally have a range of views on different topics and the idea that doing the latter stokes the former is the sort of thing that invites resentment and ultimately divides the fansbase more than any controversial discussion point..

In fact, actually @nayenezgani can you point to any posts whereby someone has actually said they want Poch sacked? That honestly sounds like TOTAL BS but i'll hold my hands up if you can find such posts

Squad management has been poor, there was little rotation before Christmas and we wasted far too many minutes on the domestic cups.

He got us into three title challenges, but he’s not blameless in our exit from them.
Half the team was out injured! How the fudge do you rotate when there are no players to rotate with??

For real?! fudging grow a pair.. If you were apart of a Poch squad you'd be bailed out in two minutes flat.

What a fudging fair-weather coward.

So you think it’s good that we have lost nine games this season? That’s eight more matches than Liverpool, who incidentally we finished above last season! Our performances have often been poor with little energy. We’ve conceded more shots than most of the teams in the Premier League. We are in the process of throwing away top 4 having lost against both Burnley and Southampton who really we have to be beating.

I’ll alwats support the club so I’m definitely not fair weathered. But if you think our performances in the league have been acceptable. If you think throwing away top four is taking steps forward. I’m going to have to vehemently disagree. It’s not being a coward to point out the truth.

Is this year really any better than 2011/12, the last time that we had such a capitulation.
Our defenders no longer know how to defend. Our players can’t even get the basics right. Sorry but none of this is good enough. Pochettino created his own standards to live to and he is heavily failing this season.

In fact, actually @nayenezgani can you point to any posts whereby someone has actually said they want Poch sacked? That honestly sounds like TOTAL BS but i'll hold my hands up if you can find such posts

I think Pochettino could be sacked. If Levy feels that his head has gone and that perhaps Pochettino is no longer the right manager to lead us forward. I’m unsure if it’s the right call but I could see it happening.

I think Pochettino could be sacked. If Levy feels that his head has gone and that perhaps Pochettino is no longer the right manager to lead us forward. I’m unsure if it’s the right call but I could see it happening.
Saying Pochettino could be sacked is different from saying Pochettino should be sacked, which was my point....unless you ARE saying Pochettino should be sacked??:eek:

Speaking for myself, I hope he stays -- but we are still allowed to talk about the possibilities, right? Doesn't mean I want him to go. But what if he does?

Talking about possibilities is fine. Criticising Poch is fine too. He’s not without responsibility for recent results and he’s the first to accept that.

But there’s a couple of people saying it’s gone stale, some saying a change for everyone would be good and so on.

15 days ago, everyone on here was buzzing. We were in the title race and had just whacked Dortmund. No one was mentioning being stale. It’s taken 4 league games for those opinions to come out. 4. That’s pretty poor in my view.

So you think it’s good that we have lost nine games this season? That’s eight more matches than Liverpool, who incidentally we finished above last season! Our performances have often been poor with little energy. We’ve conceded more shots than most of the teams in the Premier League. We are in the process of throwing away top 4 having lost against both Burnley and Southampton who really we have to be beating.

I’ll alwats support the club so I’m definitely not fair weathered. But if you think our performances in the league have been acceptable. If you think throwing away top four is taking steps forward. I’m going to have to vehemently disagree. It’s not being a coward to point out the truth.

Is this year really any better than 2011/12, the last time that we had such a capitulation.
Our defenders no longer know how to defend. Our players can’t even get the basics right. Sorry but none of this is good enough. Pochettino created his own standards to live to and he is heavily failing this season.

One very, very wise bit of advice I have picked up over the years is not to wast energy on a negative result when one hasn't happened yet. When this round of fixtures ends, we will still be in the top 4. We will actually still be 3rd, even if only on goal difference from Man Utd. But the fact remains, we will be in the top 4. Still.

But here's the truth, the real call to make.

Do YOU trust Pochettino to sort it out?
Do YOU trust a man who has provided us with more Premiership consistency than we have ever had, to keep us in the top 4 come May?
Do YOU trust a man who has us playing regular CL football to find a way to make sure we are back in it next season?
Do YOU trust Pochettino?

I do. 100%.
And I will stand every INCH behind that statement, just as I did when I said he would not go to Man Utd.
Technically yes, we could end up outside the top 4, Poch could be sacked/go to Man Utd in the summer. But I don't think we will. And I certainly don't think Poch will be sacked OR go to Man Utd.

If he wasn't getting angry I'd be worried. But he is. So I'm not.

But again, do YOU trust him?

So you think it’s good that we have lost nine games this season? No. Never said that.

What I will say is like @thfcsteff I back Poch to pull us out of this, after the players are rested and regrouped.

I'm not going to plan for misery. I think this is a blip that we will correct and we will still make the top four, hopefully third.

If you can't have that kind of faith in the manager after the results he has delivered us in his tenure so far, then you'll never be satisfied.

One very, very wise bit of advice I have picked up over the years is not to wast energy on a negative result when one hasn't happened yet. When this round of fixtures ends, we will still be in the top 4. We will actually still be 3rd, even if only on goal difference from Man Utd. But the fact remains, we will be in the top 4. Still.

But here's the truth, the real call to make.

Do YOU trust Pochettino to sort it out?
Do YOU trust a man who has provided us with more Premiership consistency than we have ever had, to keep us in the top 4 come May?
Do YOU trust a man who has us playing regular CL football to find a way to make sure we are back in it next season?
Do YOU trust Pochettino?

I do. 400%.
And I will stand every INCH behind that statement, just as I did when I said he would not go to Man Utd.
Technically yes, we could end up outside the top 4, Poch could be sacked/go to Man Utd in the summer. But I don't think we will. And I certainly don't think Poch will be sacked OR go to Man Utd.

If he wasn't getting angry I'd be worried. But he is. So I'm not.

But again, do YOU trust him?

Even if we finish outside the top 4, I trust Poch 100%. It’d be a collapse for sure, he’d have questions to answer but we are punching above our weight and one season punching at our weight is not grounds for a parting of ways after punching above our weight for 3 seasons straight.

Back