• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

This is a general comment mate, and most certainly not aimed at you - I think our supporters need to get bigger balls and have a bit more faith. All this flittering about and squawking overtime something either (a) doesn't go 100% right on the pitch or (b) a tabloid rumor springs up, is embarrassing IMO. From being the side that was going to overtake Leicester and win it all three weeks ago, we now have people that think we will blow 2nd place...it is embarrassing.

I agree. The team has shown remarkable strength and resilience this season, we just need our fans to grow a backbone now and this club can really go places.

For all the frustration of today - we should take a moment to remember that Poch has now confirmed:

1. Our highest PL finish
2. Our highest PL goals tally
3. Our highest league finish at least in the last 26 years, if not the last 53 years.

i can't see why any spurs fan could feel disappointed with that!
i believe we will have best GD too?

i still think that instead of points, GD is a better measure of a football team.

I wonder what the players make of all this?

Sadly I dont see anything good coming out of this. It has the feeling of inevitability about this. Pochettino has his family and long term career to think about and I cannot condemn him for that, I did a similar thing back in the day.
I think you need to take some happy pills mate.

Over on Redcafe they aren't even considering the possibility there's any way Poch us is going there.

Shows a lot about how we're viewed from outside and also our own mindset. We're bricking it, and they're resigned to it being a non starter.

I agree. The team has shown remarkable strength and resilience this season, we just need our fans to grow a backbone now and this club can really go places.
Agreed. And we can't use our fans being the youngest in the league as an excuse for our sometimes adolescent behaviour.

I wonder what the players make of all this?

Sadly I dont see anything good coming out of this. It has the feeling of inevitability about this. Pochettino has his family and long term career to think about and I cannot condemn him for that, I did a similar thing back in the day.
As opposed to players, who only have a 10-12 year window, at best, Poch has another 25-30 years ahead of him. Even if his salary remains at the reported £5.5 million/year that his new contract will be (which it won't), he stands to make over £130 million by the time he's done with coaching. I think that should tidy him and his family up.

Back