• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

...but when it all clicks, then watch!!! Look, if people read either of Dele Alli's outrageous bits of skill which present clear open chances, if Kano finds form and belts that far post chance in, if Lamela glances the running header and not wide...

Exactly if we polish up a little bit up top we would murder teams. We look very rigid at the moment but i think we will adapt once players step up during the course of the season

it's an inevitable stage you have to go through with this type of system, it happened under Redknapp and AVB as well

the only time it didn't happen recently was under Sherwood, I assume that's because he didn't have a system ;-)

Yeah, easily our worst performance, but by the end Chadli had two sitters, Kane missed a decent effort, Lamela an easy-ish header. We had some injuries too and new players. I'm not convinced by Poch, but at east we got a result, and our performances against Stoke first half and Everton give me hope.

But let's give credit where it's due. Sunderland played well. Much better than Everton against us IMHO. We cannot continue to look at our performances in isolation of the opposition, Sunderland got stuck in and defended much much better this time out and looked good on the break.

3pts away and a clean sheet, at a team scrapping for 'their' first win! Is a very good result and bodes well for the battles ahead.

We were very poor in the first half yesterday. The second was a big improvement though and it should be noted that we've only got one point less than from the same fixtures last season.

We could really do with having Eriksen and Bentaleb back. Always far more creative when our best passers are playing.

Nice little stat from yesterday.

Our team had the youngest starting 11 so far this season. Average age 24yrs 135days.

Youngest: Dele Alli (19yrs 154days)
Oldest: Hugo Lloris (28yrs 261days)

Nice little stat from yesterday.

Our team had the youngest starting 11 so far this season. Average age 24yrs 135days.

Youngest: Dele Alli (19yrs 154days)
Oldest: Hugo Lloris (28yrs 261days)

Dele look very good at times, he could go all the way..........wonder if he speaks spanish :oops:

Dele look very good at times, he could go all the way..........wonder if he speaks spanish :oops:

That doesn't stop any one living their dream of paying for Real Madrid. Boyhood fan don't you know, it's one of the requirements of being a professional player

We were very poor in the first half yesterday. The second was a big improvement though and it should be noted that we've only got one point less than from the same fixtures last season.

We could really do with having Eriksen and Bentaleb back. Always far more creative when our best passers are playing.
I wouldn't call Bentaleb one of our best passers. Between him and Mason, Mason is miles better.

but before Sundays game mason was seen as possibly less talented than Bentaleb. When Bentaleb signed this summers extension, some explicitly wrote "spurs best signing of the summer". I don't think mason would have got that as an accolade.

I don't think I've still seen enough of Mason to say that he should be a starter even though his stats suggest otherwise.

Again what i didn't see is mason imposing himself on the game consistently. If he wants to be at the very top he needs to do this from start to finish.

Its great having this debate about young spurs academy players that have broken into the first IX.

Ramsay Sherwood and Poch for giving them a consistent run is a breath of fresh air vs buying mediocre players for namesakes.

Would love a core of spurs players blended with some genuine world class players.

I think Mason, Bentaleb, Carrol, Dier and Pritchard all have the potential to have big futures. That could be with us if we show some patience to don't crucify these young players when they make the inevitable mistakes that they will make.

The point is no young player becomes a world beater or brick player off the back of a couple of games. If we look at other midfielders in the english game, Lampard, Carrick, Joe Cole, Beckham, Milner and Ramsay to name but a few started off with patchyness.

Bentaleb edges for me because he seems to be more of a leader. Whether he can be a good one if course remains to be seen.
Also, much like mason until recently, I don't think he is being played far enough forward. That is when we will see what he's got.

Exactly if we polish up a little bit up top we would murder teams. We look very rigid at the moment but i think we will adapt once players step up during the course of the season

Absolutely, we must now show true patience because IMO, if you know your footie, it is very very clear that we have the foundations of a great thing with this squad. PERSONALLY I would still like a better CB than Verts (who gives me the jitters with his shirt-grabbing and going to ground all the time) of course he is a quality player and I am not unhappy with him BUT if we could find a CB with more calm command that would be great. Dier would've been my man but he is developing into a tidy DM...personally I think these are good days as we are the front end of an exciting thing growing...

Absolutely, we must now show true patience because IMO, if you know your footie, it is very very clear that we have the foundations of a great thing with this squad. PERSONALLY I would still like a better CB than Verts (who gives me the jitters with his shirt-grabbing and going to ground all the time) of course he is a quality player and I am not unhappy with him BUT if we could find a CB with more calm command that would be great. Dier would've been my man but he is developing into a tidy DM...personally I think these are good days as we are the front end of an exciting thing growing...

I couldn't agree more with you. If we can keep this group of players together and add some quality year on year, we will be a very good team. They will play so much better in a raucous WHL that gets behind them.

I share the optimism from the posts above but I still see a side that needs tons of work on the training pitch...The goal on Sunday was magnificent but generally we have not been very cohesive as much as I would have liked, we are also going to drop points in the near future if we continue to be wasteful when we do create openings.

Defensively we looked ropey in the first half vs Sunderland and we were lucky not to concede at least 2.

I also see it too many times where Kane is too isolated and double marked, its been mentioned before but we need more runners into the box...basically I dont want long ball but I would love us to be more direct and have more of our players running in behind an opponents defence. Poch has spoken about forwards switching positions but all I have seen is Kane to isolated on his own....thus he gets frustrated and then drops deep.

I have already accepted top 4 is out of the question....I am happy to be patient and watch our young side develop but in terms of our style of play we have lots of improvement to make. Watching our forward movment on Sunday was annoying the majority of the time...heck we even made Kaboul look good.

I am delighted we got a win on Sunday but I am not convinced just yet we are about to become easier on the eye in the near future,

Bentaleb edges for me because he seems to be more of a leader. Whether he can be a good one if course remains to be seen.
Also, much like mason until recently, I don't think he is being played far enough forward. That is when we will see what he's got.
What I haven't seen from Bentaleb is the incisive passing that Mason offers, as well as finding players in open space. This is something that Mason has shown regardless of where he has been played.

What I see at the moment is massive potential, but as I keep telling everyone who will listen. This will be a roller coaster season and we need to give these young academy boys a chance to learn and grow. As fans we need to keep calm when inevitable mistakes are made by these kids because the possibilitys with this squad is immense.

What I see at the moment is massive potential, but as I keep telling everyone who will listen. This will be a roller coaster season and we need to give these young academy boys a chance to learn and grow. As fans we need to keep calm when inevitable mistakes are made by these kids because the possibilitys with this squad is immense.

hallelujah

Back