• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He either doesn't understand the club or doesnt give a brick.
The team he put out tonight was disrespectful.
Fazio hadn't played a single minute all season yet starts in the NLD!
Lloris is incapable of playing two games in a week?

When Poch took over his club Espanyol they had a derby game cup against Barcelona. He played the same 11 in that and the league game a few games later.
He understood what that game meant to Espanyol. It meant something to him having played in those derbies.

With us he doesn't personally care about the NLD.
He should be forced to sit down and sit through the last 25 years of NLDs until he cares.

He either doesn't understand the club or doesnt give a ****.

When Poch took over his club Espanyol they had a derby game cup against Barcelona. He played the same 11 in that and the league game a few games later.
He understood what that game meant to Espanyol. It meant something to him having played in those derbies.

He should be forced to sit down and sit through the last 25 years of NLDs until he cares.

Yep .. unacceptable ..

He either doesn't understand the club or doesnt give a ****.

Or he did what he did what he thought that would be in the best interests of the club. We weren't out played tonight, we played well but gave away two sloppy goals due to defensive mistakes.

He won mate .. in case you missed that part ..

I think you may want to go for a walk. That was our first defeat since the first game of the season, we were the better team and played a number of backups as we had won previous 3 games in a week.
Harry Kanes volley goes in youd be singing Poch is a genius and wenger is going to get sacked.

No arguing with the result, we made two silly mistakes and they cost us. I would argue though that Wenger's weakened team selection had a bigger impact on their performance that Poch's did on ours. I thought that we played quite well on the whole.

But the problem, I presume, is that we fielded a weakened team against our rivals - hence 'he doesn't give a brick or understand' would you be saying that if we fielded a strong team and lost? Of course not - which is why used Wenger as an example, he fielded a weakened team also (and has done so against us in the cup before)

I disagree that we played better than them. The possession stats may be in our favour but they looked far more dangerous in possession than we did. They were able to get behind our back 4 more often than us.

@Jordinho we get you don't rate this competition and it's a disgrace that this is the feeling amongst our fans.

Anyway, Lloris not starting was a fudging joke for starters. Vorm is simply not good enough - see first goal for more details.

Carroll isn't good enough and was off the pace tonight.

I'm very unhappy he didn't play our strongest centre backs tonight and feel that's where we lost it.

Very disappointing.

@Jordinho we get you don't rate this competition and it's a disgrace that this is the feeling amongst our fans.

Anyway, Lloris not starting was a fudgeing joke for starters. Vorm is simply not good enough - see first goal for more details.

I'm very unhappy he didn't play our strongest centre backs tonight and feel that's where we lost it.

Very disappointing.

I actually rate this competition just as much as the FA cup, but it is a long way behind the league and the Europa league. Going out in the third round isn't that big a deal really, rather that than lose in the semi finals. As much fun as a cup final is, our run to the final last season really messed up our season. We didn't have a single midweek free until December I think.

Anyway, Lloris not starting was a fudgeing joke for starters. Vorm is simply not good enough - see first goal for more details.

Very disappointing.

Agree with post of that and disappointed is fair. But the Poch is a disgrace everyone out is equally stupid.
Unfortunately we need to rotate, everyone is calling Dier out for looking tired, well thats probably as thats his 4th game in 10 days.

We were unlucky not to win that, unfortunately all we learnt is that the players we suspected were not up it, have proved themselves.

Maybe we should have rested players v Qarabag however we needed to win that, equally v sunderland and also palace due to the slow start.
Poch was screwed either way, if we had won a few more games earlier in season we could have rotated v Palace as it was this was realistically the game we needed the fresh legs. Probably a shame Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele and Pritchard were missing as all of them would have played

Why oh why did FAZIO not play in the europa? Makes no sense if he was fit. Same with lloris. Bizzare selections on the face of it. Vorm and Fazio were really really bad tonight.

His tactics cost us the game. Arsenal were getting joy down the right as soon as son came on and Sanchez for arsenal. They overloaded tripper and had 3-4 decent opportunities to hurt us. He HAD to bring on alli on the right to shore that up and help our right back but he didn't, trippier continued to be exposed and their goal stemmed from that side. The fact everyone around me could see this suggests poch was naive for not doing so

I disagree that we played better than them. The possession stats may be in our favour but they looked far more dangerous in possession than we did. They were able to get behind our back 4 more often than us.

Only midway through second half after our subs. We were the better team and I thought wimmer, carrol, dier and rose were very good.

Kane was off the pace and looked faded tonight.

Why oh why did FAZIO not play in the europa? Makes no sense if he was fit. Same with lloris. Bizzare selections on the face of it. Vorm and Fazio were really really bad tonight.

His tactics cost us the game. Ar5ena1 were getting joy down the right as soon as son came on and Sanchez for Ar5ena1. They overloaded tripper and had 3-4 decent opportunities to hurt us. He HAD to bring on alli on the right to shore that up and help our right back but he didn't, trippier continued to be exposed and their goal stemmed from that side. The fact everyone around me could see this suggests poch was naive for not doing so

because the Europa was a bigger deal

even if you win the worthington cup you don't win anything

it's a shame we lost, but really, it's a minor thing, not the most pointless tournament we are in, but certainly the second most

But the problem, I presume, is that we fielded a weakened team against our rivals - hence 'he doesn't give a **** or understand' would you be saying that if we fielded a strong team and lost? Of course not - which is why used Wenger as an example, he fielded a weakened team also (and has done so against us in the cup before)

And he can afford to do so, because his 2nd string is much better than our 2nd string - more experienced, and with more quality. Still, if they lost after fielding a second string in a derby game, I'd imagine their fans wouldn't be too happy either: although at least they know that Wenger understands what the derby's about, which is something we still can't say for our own manager.

But the problem, I presume, is that we fielded a weakened team against our rivals - hence 'he doesn't give a **** or understand' would you be saying that if we fielded a strong team and lost? Of course not - which is why used Wenger as an example, he fielded a weakened team also (and has done so against us in the cup before)

Thats because Wenger has previously played weakened teams against our first teams and won.
Did Poch think he could play a weak team and win? I doubt it. He used it to get Fazio and Vorm off his back and give them a game.
Arsenal were there for the taking. We knew that in advance with their injuries. Poch decided the game on sunday was the priority.

Personally I think we'd have better chance against City at the weekend going in on the back of a win in the NLD than with a rested team.

And he can afford to do so, because his 2nd string is much better than our 2nd string - more experienced, and with more quality. Still, if they lost after fielding a second string in a derby game, I'd imagine their fans wouldn't be too happy either: although at least they know that Wenger understands what the derby's about, which is something we still can't say for our own manager.

What the hell is wrong with you and your merry band of inflammatory knee jerkers? Poch put out a side that he thought could beat a weakened Arsenal squad, end of. Bar a few slices of bad luck and poor decisions, we very nearly did. We dominated the second half and I believe Poch had every confidence the squad he put out today could do the job.

If he had of played a full-strength squad and we got dingdonged, then went on to get hammered by City at the weekend, the knives would have well and truly been out! As it stands now I think we have a good chance to take it to City on Saturday despite the disappointment of the cup defeat.

Poch was in a lose-lose situation and I think he handled it about as well as he could have. The inclusion of Fazio is an easy one to jump all over, sure he hasn't featured for some time but you don't see our training sessions, you don't know what kind of form he's had away from the pitch, so again I have faith in Poch's judgment. Fazio went on to have a pretty poor match but that brick happens, to any player.

The people jumping all over Poch's team selection have so obviously been waiting, frothing at the mouth to sink the boots in, it makes me sad to be a Spurs fan on occasions like this. Losing to the Gooner scum isn't the primary cause of said sadness.

Back